It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Dyer doesn't want a transfer

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Kieron Dyer's agent on Tuesday insisted the midfielder is "not looking for a transfer" as a fans' backlash gathered pace over his alleged refusal to play where manager Sir Bobby Robson wanted him to.

Fans have inundated radio phone-ins and a local newspaper on Tyneside after Dyer was used only as a substitute in Saturday's 2-2 draw at Middlesbrough.

The 25-year-old was reported to have had a training ground bust-up with Robson about his desire to play in central midfield but the manager did his best to play down the rumours after the game at the Riverside Stadium, while team-mate Aaron Hughes on Tuesday insisted that he was unaware of any bust-up between the two.

And as speculation mounted that fed-up United are ready to offload one of their most gifted but problematic performers, Dyer's agent Jonathan Barnett also tried to smooth things over.

link

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
i seen he came on as a subsitute the other day against spurs, aint heard if he was good or not

although he aint set the premiership a light for a while now

TRD

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
i seen he came on as a subsitute the other day against spurs, aint heard if he was good or not

although he aint set the premiership a light for a while now

Yeah he came and as he apoligised the other day he didn't get that bad a reception by the fans. He hasn't set the league alight for soooo long..He has had too many bad injuries and needs a decent run injury free to get back to his best.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
just thinking, do you think a move would benifit for him, i remember ages ago man utd where strongly linked with him,

but for his sake, he better get some good perfomances in cos his england career will fade away i think

TRD

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well on current form and the price they would be asking for him i don't think anyone would really want him to be honest.

If he performs well and injury free for the season and gets back to somewhere near his best they may sell him.

top topics

join