It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle United: Newcastle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Alan Shearer will finish his playing days at home-town club Newcastle after agreeing a one-year extension to his contract.

The 33-year-old hopes to put pen to paper on a new deal which will expire at the end of the 2004-05 season before Saturday's Barclaycard Premiership trip to Everton.

That will mean the former England skipper will have spent nine years with the club he supported as a boy, but did not join until his �15million move from Blackburn in July 1996.

TRD

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Laurent Robert is in danger of establishing himself as a hero on Tyneside.

The French winger served up a shooting master class at St James' Park on Saturday to pave the way for a 4-0 demolition of Tottenham, and left the field to a standing ovation when, wearied by the illness which had kept him up the night before, he was substituted 11 minutes from time.

Sir

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Newcastle have been playing well lately and have moved up the table,they have a tough one today Charlton away but i think they have a great chance to win..

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Rumours have it they might be letting go of one of the strikers but which one it is i don't know.

TRD

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Newcastle defeated Fulham 3-1 today a good result for the toon army,Fulham was without Louis Saha who is on his way to Man U.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
After being left on the bench the other day England captain David Beckham wants Alan Shearer to return to the international side.Newcastle striker Shearer retired from international football after Euro 2000 and so missed England's run to the quarter-finals of the 2002 World Cup in Japan and South Korea.
But the 33-year-old is still one of the most feared strikers in the Barclaycard Premiership and is riding high in the scoring charts with 18 goals this season.

Shearer is awesome and a model pro he should be back in th eEngland setup,even if he doesn't start every game what a influence to the younger players he would be.

Sir

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Newcastle are playing tonight at home in the UEFA cup,they should win easily.

TRD

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Newcastle book their place in the last 16 as they win 3-1.

Although the score was 3-1,the visitors hit the bar and forced Shay Given into some good saves before the break.It was only two second-half goals from Shola Ameobi that spared Newcastle's blushes after battling Valerenga had given them a UEFA Cup scare.

TRD

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Newcastle on Thursday confirmed that manager Sir Bobby Robson has signed a new contract and will remain in charge until the end of the 2004-05 season.Robson, 71, has been on a rolling one-year deal since succeeding Ruud Gullit as manager in 1999 and has reached a new agreement with the Toon on a fixed-term contract.

TRD

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Newcastle stormed into the quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup with a 3-0 win away to Real Mallorca giving them a 7-1 aggregate victory.Alan Shearer scored at both ends of the second half and Craig Bellamy got the other for the Geordies who now face PSV Eindhoven in the last eight.

TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Alan Shearer has once again stated he will not make an international return for England. The 33-year-old has scored 27 goals for Newcastle this season but he is not tempted to end his international exile.

TRD

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Alan Shearer missed a late penalty as Newcastle's Champions League challenge unravelled as they were held to a 1-1 draw by relegated Wolves.

The 33-year-old was handed a chance to claim a priceless victory eight minutes from time after Paul Ince had pushed Gary Speed in the box, but keeper Paul Jones pulled off a fine save to deny him.

United looked to be coasting when Lee Bowyer fired home his first United goal seven minutes before the break, but substitute Vio Ganea levelled with 20 minutes remaining to badly damage the home side's hopes of clinching fourth place.

TRD

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Newcastle beat Aston Villa for fifth place and snatched the coveted UEFA Cup spot thanks to their draw at Liverpool and Manchester United's victory at Villa Park.

Newcastle, who started the day a point behind David O'Leary's side, went ahead against Liverpool through Shola Ameobi's left-foot strike on 25 minutes.

Michael Owen (67) latched onto Steven Gerrard's pass to haul Liverpool level but it was not enough to deny the Magpies a place in Europe.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
They've bought too many thugs, lay abouts and no hopers under Robson. I suspect he'll be sacked this summer and depending on who they bring in to replace him will determine how they do next season.

Sir

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It looks like Robert will be off and Solano went who i thought was a good player. Things could badly go wrong for them next season and it's time for Robson to go i think. I wouldn't lose any sleep if they had a shyte season lol!

TRD

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Under-fire Newcastle midfielder Laurent Robert has insisted he wants to remain on Tyneside amid growing speculation that his days could be numbered.The 28-year-old Frenchman has been made one of the scapegoats for United's failure to qualify for next season's Champions League after a loss of form towards the end of the campaign.He was even booed off the pitch at St James' Park as he was substituted during the second half of the club's final home game, a 1-1 draw with relegated Wolves which hammered the last nail but one into the Magpies' coffin in the race for fourth place.

TRD

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Midfielder Kieron Dyer reckons it is about time Newcastle started fulfilling their potential to repay the club's passionate fans.

"There's a lot of talent," said Dyer. "We are not kids now.

"It's about fulfilling that potential now.

"I'm not classed as a young player now. It's time I have to start doing it.

"In a way, I am really thankful for this season because I am going to come back so focused.

"There's talk about Newcastle wanting certain players out.

"But I can put my hand on my heart and even if Newcastle accept a bid from any club, I would turn it down because I have not done myself justice to the Geordies."

TRD

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Egypt striker Ahmed 'Mido' Hossam is interested in a transfer to English Premiership side Newcastle United. The 21-year-old told the local media in Cairo that he will meet Newcastle manager Sir Bobby Robson to discuss a possible move. Mido, currently contracted to French side Marseille, claimed that his agent is also discussing offers from Spanish and Italian clubs.

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Newcastle boss Sir Bobby Robson and chairman Freddy Shepherd will finalise their summer spending plans in the next week as they prepare to make their moves.

The 71-year-old was due to return from Barcelona on Thursday, where there is little doubt that he will have had more than a passing interest in the news that his former club are to release Dutch quartet Patrick Kluivert, Marc Overmars, Phillip Cocu and Michael Reiziger.

He and Shepherd have already outlined their blueprint for reshaping a squad which managed on the final day of last season to salvage a UEFA Cup place after the disappointment of missing out on the chance to qualify for the Champions League.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think Newcastle are in trouble, and think they are going to start slipping down the table rather than moving up it. Once Shearer retires that's going to be a huge blow, I also think they've got some talented players there but they seem to be lazy. I wonder if Robson is up to the job anymore of getting the best out of them...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join