It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European: Woodgate - my season is over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Jonathan Woodgate has conceded that his season is over - but has been backed by Real Madrid stars to get back to his best.

Woodgate's time in Spain has been devastated by injury - with the England international yet to make a single competitive appearance.

Although the club are insistent that the long-term thigh problem that has kept him out does not require surgery, it does appear that the former Newcastle man will sit out until the next campaign.

link

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
what a waste of money, hes picking up easy money and not doing anything apart from sitting on the beach.

when he gets back to fitness next season, will he beat helguera and samuel for a place in the team.

TRD

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I bet Real are regretting buying him now, it was a lot of money and they are paying him huge wages.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i think they will want to get him playing games, at some point, if the end of the season coms in, and they punt him. it will look so bad for them and one of the worst transfers they have ever done

for that reason, i think he wil stay and try to make it like its been a good deal, and that he was worth the wait

TRD

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yeah they have to play him at some time or as you say it will look bad for them. I think he is a decent defender and that injury was just luck...

top topics

join