It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cricket: Australia...

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Australia again demonstrated their all-round strength by easing to a 67-run victory in the fourth one-day international against the West Indies in Port of Spain, clinching the best-of-seven series in the process.

Having made 286 for five from their 50 overs, with every batsmen making a contribution, the tourists then dismissed the Windies for 219 in 45.3 overs.

Opener Chris Gayle got the hosts off to a fine start with a brisk 84 but he was afforded little support as Australia picked up wickets at regular intervals.

Jason Gillespie and Ian Harvey both took two wickets, with the Windies' efforts also hampered by three run outs.

The win extends Australia's record of consecutive one-day international victories to 21 and completes a series triumph to add to the 3-1 victory in the Tests

See they Aussies are at it again.They have to be the best side in the world for the last so many years breaking alot of the records along the way,they just have such a good side right the way through the order..It can get quite annoying..lol..

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Without doubt they are the best cricket side in the world, nobody comes close. Pains me to be saying this as well

TRD

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yeah same here,if you want to watch a decent game of cricket then you might as well watch the Aussies...Might be a bit one sided though...

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ahh the all conquering aussies have fallen gallantly off their high horse into the quagmire that is the rest of the international cricketing fraternity.

They were stripped of their 21 one day winning streak beaten by the luckless West Indians..

A job well done to the WI team.. Finally they showed some determination.

Chris

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
67 runs? is cricket usually that high scoring? or do you get more than 1 point for scoring?

TRD

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
67 runs? is cricket usually that high scoring? or do you get more than 1 point for scoring?

Aegis that was the winning margin...I can't remember the highest score by a team but Brian Lara hit over 600 runs in a match...

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I thought he made over 500 not 600??? What class of cricket was this?

TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon

Against Sri Lanka in the 2001-02 test series he made 688 runs... well maybe i didnt phrase it right..!

But you are right for just one game he made 501 in first class cricket..

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

Originally posted by TeflonDon

Against Sri Lanka in the 2001-02 test series he made 688 runs... well maybe i didnt phrase it right..!

But you are right for just one game he made 501 in first class cricket..

I remember the 501, he smashed 500+ past England as well the same year.

TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Right back t the Aussies....why cant we (england) beat them??

We do well against other teams,the aussies are beatable as is any other team..But what makes them so good...??

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
what is the best cricket team?

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 03:03 AM
link   
i checked and we have a couple cricket teams here. and after watching for a while i decided the best cricket team is the one that just gets drunk and doesn't bother playing. i don't know if our people understand the rules or what, but it's more fun wiping my ass than watching these guys. no offence to ya'll that love this game, maybe it's just a cultural thing. Smoke em if you got em.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   

it's more fun wiping my ass than watching these guys.

wow strong words lol...I think there are worse sports to watch

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Osobad reguarding your earlier question Australia are the best team at the moment...

As to the rest i like cricket,but even i get bored watching it sometimes...

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   

i checked and we have a couple cricket teams here. and after watching for a while i decided the best cricket team is the one that just gets drunk and doesn't bother playing. i don't know if our people understand the rules or what, but it's more fun wiping my ass than watching these guys. no offence to ya'll that love this game, maybe it's just a cultural thing. Smoke em if you got em.

LMAO

join