It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Mooning Moss

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I just read that the NFL are on about fining Moss for doing a pretend moon when scoring a TD.
I thought Fifa had gone mad when they started to fine players for taking there shirts off
This takes the biscuit
Green Bay fans moon the visiting coaches on the way out of lambeau field, so Moss decides to have some fun with the cheeseheads he did not even do a real moon.
The thing that made me laugh is when i saw moss doing the pretend moon the guy(Buck) in the commentary box said i have never seen anything so disgusting.I was wondering what he was on about then i realised he was on about a PRETEND MOON my thought was where you been living, some peeps are just too sensitive

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wait let me get this straight, he's going to be fined for pretending to do something, in this case mooning some fans?

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I actually see him doing it on TV, i thought it was pretty funny. Guess they will fine him though. The program i watched really slated him and called him tasteless and a disgrace among other things, i think thats going a bit too far..

Ben

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In the age of hip hop area, i guess self taunts and playing for your self is more important than a team. What im saying is that it would have been much better of a taunt if it was a team taunt.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What a load of bull!

The guy was having a bit of fun, whats the world comming to?

Are people that stuck up nowadays?

Some people need to get a life.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think some of the older generation may consider this "obscene". I don't (and I might be considered older...) I don't think that this can be considered selfish. Tasteless, maybe, as kids look up to sports heroes like moss. But, who among us hasn't "shot the moon"? Just never on an internationally broadcast sports event.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Gibbs its just not the 'Moon' .. They seems to fine players for any sort of celebration that doesn't involve just standing there and raising your arms...

Obscene? That wasn't obscene, that was a guy who was over the 'Moon' that he had scored.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't particularly have a problem with it, with the exception that kids may copy his move, I mean kids under the age of 5. But, if he wants to cleebrate, that's his thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Maybe he was showing the real young kids how to go on the potty.

Well i don't think it was bad at all, people seem to have lost their sense of humour..

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speedfreak
Maybe he was showing the real young kids how to go on the potty.

Well i don't think it was bad at all, people seem to have lost their sense of humour..

But he forgot to flush!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Not a big deal. Ming was amazed at the over-reaction by Joe Buck (TV announcer). You'd think Moss had bared a breast or something!

BTW, Gibbsy - Will you agree to get rid of that Manning bobblehead if the Pats beat the Colts?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i don't think it's a big deal either, now if he had actually dropped his drawers and mooned the fans then yes something should be done. My second thought on this is that if Joe Buck hadn't made such a stink of it during the broadcast we wouldn't have heard about it. Way to go Joe you totally screwed up a great taunt at the Packers fans who moon the opposing team busses on the way out of Lambough field. Packer fans are weanies.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
i am one of the older generation and i think he should have a MAJOR fine for this action.....when i watch a football game i want to see a football game, if i wanted to see a guy doing something like this i would watch mtv....since the janet jackson debacle at last years super bowl the league must be extremly sensitive to this type of display...like it or not he is a role model and should act like one

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
TJ, you know what? Ming knows what you are saying and in some sense agrees. But more than anything else Ming thought Moss made a fool of himself.

Ming was more offended by the old (now banned) throat slashing routine - remember that?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MingMercil
BTW, Gibbsy - Will you agree to get rid of that Manning bobblehead if the Pats beat the Colts?

Sure. As long as you agree to stop posting in Bob Dole speak if the Colts win.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
personally i would like to see all the dancing at a football game left up to the cheerleaders, maybe i am old school but i think that moss was way out of line, can you imagine if college basketball players were allowed to give back to the fans some of what they get during a game? moss is a great athelete but he needs to grow up, hey PA....what do you think will happen if randy pulls something like that in philly this weekend?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
personally i would like to see all the dancing at a football game left up to the cheerleaders,

i second that thought.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
^ Hey, that' my High School

tj, I agree with you in principle, he's a role model, whether he likes it nor not. If it weren't for influencing kids, though, I'd have no problem whatsoever with the celebration. It is a game, after all.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
^ Hey, that' my High School

actually it's the University of Sioux Falls cheerleaders, but you were close.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I say Joe Buck should get a moon from Moss.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join