It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: D-train willis

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Its a little ways into the professional baseball season, and the D-train has started off to a perfect 7-0 record with an ERA just over 1.00, and has only given up two homers in 50 IP. how is he doing this!?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
the dodgers jumped on willis for 4 runs in the first inning last night handing the youngster his first loss of the year after 7 wins, still a great start to the season for the youngster......

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yeah, the Dodgers beat him up last night but he sure is off to a great start. I think that funky windup he does has to bother the hitters a bit, especially if you've never faced him before. The Marlins have also been providing their pitchers with alot of run support which doesn't hurt either. He and Jimmy Rolllins of the Phillies were childhood friends and played ball together as kids.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm gonna have to agree that his biggest asset in tricking batters is that funky windup. he's also young so his arm is in the peak of it's ball hurling career. This kid is going to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. what's amazing to me is the amount of CG's he's got this year, just under half of his games, maybe he'll bring back the idea of pitchers throwing into the 8th or 9th inning. 46 K's and an ERA just under 2 in 56 innings, i hope the Marlins signed this kid to a long, well paying deal. MLB needs more kids like this, to bring the fans back, and give baseball a much needed shot of competitiveness, especially in the NL east, if anyone is going to unseat the braves this is the team that's gonna do it this year.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
i think that the kid has finally learned how to pitch, not just fool batters with his windup. while his numbers the two previous seasons have been good this year they are outstanding. He has dropped his era from 4.02 last year to 1.45 this year, and his whip is a mesely .93 for the current season, the only downside is that PA has him on his fantasy team

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
the only downside is that PA has him on his fantasy team

Amen to that brother. Hey PA what would it take to get you to trade him away?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I was kinda surprised that he fell so low in our draft, but as TJ mentioned, he had a pretty mediocre year last season after a fabulous rookie season. Typical "sophomore slump". Another good part of his game is his ability to hit, he helps himself by gettting an occasional hit or even an RBI that most pitchers cant do. He hass 2 RBI's and 3 runs scored in his 11 starts, not bad for a pitcher. Our fantasy league doesnt credit pitchers batting stats, if they did I think Mike Hampton is probably the best hitting pitcher in the league.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

the only downside is that PA has him on his fantasy team

PA, I think I see a possibility for you to get Abreu off me...

new topics

top topics

join