It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did my dog see a ghost?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hi everyone, thought I'd share my experience of something that happened a while back.

One of my dogs, Charly was just 6 months at the time. I was out with my ex-girlfriend and the dog for a walk late one night. We passed the school the ex used to go to. I remember once before she told me that there were rumours one of the buildings was haunted and sometimes at night a ghostly apparition could be seen. always in the same window. the rumours went that many years earlier someone had jumped out that window and fell to their death. She showed me this part of the school before.
Anyhoo, we were walking past the school. Nothing particularly interesting happening, when suddenly Charly stopped in her tracks. her hackles were up and teeth bared. she was looking up in the direction where the g/f had told me about the ghost rumours. Neither of us could see or hear anything, but Charly was obviously very upset and growling away like mad. I eventually dragged her away and she calmed down after a while. I don't suppose I'll ever know what happened, but maybe Charly did see a ghost.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
sounds like your dog may have seen something there.

Or she could have possibly picked up on your own fear as you walked past the area.

But who knows!!
Maybe take a camera with you next time and when your dog starts to get like that snap a pic!

Dogs and other animals do tend to have better sences
so can pick up more whats around them

Also try and find out more about the death there.
would be interesting to hear what happened there!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sounds like it may have seen a ghost.
take up asalas idea and next time take a photo.
You never know what you might see!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
animals have a sixth sence far superior to humans.... Did u ever see when a cat for no reason turns its head fast in one direction and stares in one derection.... almost like theres something there we dont see.... it scares the # out of me....

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The dog could very well have seen something there. A ghost story I once read somewhere comes to mind now and the dog in the story acted very similar to your dog.

next time the dog acts that way take a few pictures if you have a camera. I'd like to see what shows up.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yes your dog could have seen qa ghost. Animals are more aware to ghosts. the only other living beings that can see/touch them are us mediators ^^

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You all are giving me goosebumps lol

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
stuff like this is supposed to give normal people goosebumps xD

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
In Africa dogs are revered for their ability to chase/repell evil forces and spirits. You dog may have seen something.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Ya it sounded like your dog did sense something.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by funlovincriminal
Hi everyone, thought I'd share my experience of something that happened a while back.

One of my dogs, Charly was just 6 months at the time. I was out with my ex-girlfriend and the dog for a walk late one night. We passed the school the ex used to go to. I remember once before she told me that there were rumours one of the buildings was haunted and sometimes at night a ghostly apparition could be seen. always in the same window. the rumours went that many years earlier someone had jumped out that window and fell to their death. She showed me this part of the school before.
Anyhoo, we were walking past the school. Nothing particularly interesting happening, when suddenly Charly stopped in her tracks. her hackles were up and teeth bared. she was looking up in the direction where the g/f had told me about the ghost rumours. Neither of us could see or hear anything, but Charly was obviously very upset and growling away like mad. I eventually dragged her away and she calmed down after a while. I don't suppose I'll ever know what happened, but maybe Charly did see a ghost.

Yes dogs are known to see paranormal things lke ghosts

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ive heard that cats and dog can pick up on ghosts due to there better sences. We have one in our house when my cat was sat with me she used to hiss and her furr would stand up on end and move her head in a right to left direction following it

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
yes my cat does strage things sumtimes. it sumtimes runs around trying to bite and claw(attack) the air. i cant see nething but here it is running around having a fight with nothing. wierd? :S

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
could be that its just playing but i mean my cat used to got balistic fing crazy

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
hmm, for the past 20 years me and my family have had about 5 cats, but we have never bought one, the next one always seems to appear a couple of days before the other one dies, and then we have another cat?? whats the deal with us and cats

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
hi,
Well, my dog when i was young used to stop in his tracks and stare....there was a few occasions when he would play or be walking and out of the blue he would stop and stare into what seemed to be space....

...nothing was ever there...you could wave your hand in front of him, call his name, pull on his lead, but he wouldnt move (maybe stare at you for a moment to say:"i can see somthing")but wouldnt move untill he was satisfied.

it used to puzzel me as a kid, untill one day my parents told me dogs are well known to see ghosts, and ever since i've been curious every time he stops....i could only give positive energy to such an event

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
my friend used to have 3 cats, and he used to think his house was haunted before he had it exorcised. But before then every now and then his cats would all sit and stare at one point in space, making it so you could triangulate the position of the apparition. It was really freaky.
I witnessed it once, i remember sitting in his front room watching TV when a cat came into the room, walked around for a bit then suddenly stopped moving and stared up at the corner of the room. The second cat appeared at the doorway and sat there staring at the same spot. I was looking there but couldnt see a thing. Then i heard the third cat, it was sitting on the stairs just outside the room staring at the same spot through the open door. This lasted for about 30 seconds or so. Then the two cats on the floor followed a quick movement towards the adjacent wall, in the direction of the stairs, and the cat on the stairs sped as fast as it could up the stairs!
It was quite a weird experience, i wish i had taken a photo, see if anything came out... pause.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by superduperman
my friend used to have 3 cats, and he used to think his house was haunted before he had it exorcised. But before then every now and then his cats would all sit and stare at one point in space, making it so you could triangulate the position of the apparition. It was really freaky.
I witnessed it once, i remember sitting in his front room watching TV when a cat came into the room, walked around for a bit then suddenly stopped moving and stared up at the corner of the room. The second cat appeared at the doorway and sat there staring at the same spot. I was looking there but couldnt see a thing. Then i heard the third cat, it was sitting on the stairs just outside the room staring at the same spot through the open door. This lasted for about 30 seconds or so. Then the two cats on the floor followed a quick movement towards the adjacent wall, in the direction of the stairs, and the cat on the stairs sped as fast as it could up the stairs!
It was quite a weird experience, i wish i had taken a photo, see if anything came out... pause.

So, your mates place was haunted, before it was exorcised.
His 3 cats seem very co-operative in letting your buddy
tri-angulate the point of the cats apparition.
Do you and your mate use a sextant, or GPS cat collars.
Can u post the cats triangular co-ords along with the
position of the app'? Just a simple sketch.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

yeah... i used the term loosly. why do you and your friends used sextants and gps collars?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by superduperman

Originally posted by sanctum

yeah... i used the term loosly. why do you and your friends used sextants and gps collars?
It was just joke,lol. I have a dog and cat, and sometimes they stare, but i reckon it has more to do with their
hearing and smell senses.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join