It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bro talks in his sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sometimes at strange hours of night, around 2 to 3 hours after he falls asleep, my bro talks in his sleep.

Most recently, last night, he said something strange. It sounded like "ab bed suka". What does this mean? Is he just dreaming? I'll talk to him when he gets home from school. He's 9 and I'm 14. We sleep in the same room. This has gone on for a long time, but last night he just started babbling like a madman. Scared the daylights outta me, but I dismissed it as him dreaming.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
my girfriend talks in her sleep too... quite often..

it's usually work related. Most of the time funny too !
I wan't to play along, but affraid that I'll say something to her that will get me in trouble...

she has actually layed there in bed laughing hystrerically... it really is funny

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
my girfriend talks in her sleep too... quite often..
it's usually work related. Most of the time funny too !

Once I taperecorded myself through one entire night...you should have heard that tape.

Just what, I wasn't the only one in the tape...had some of my family members too.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
that's an excellent idea... I'll turn a recorder on..

I don't know if I talk in my sleep or not. have never been told that I do... have to try it !

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sometimes, your brain dissassembles the days events, and then rearranges them, and adds elements, when dreaming... This too, could account for the wacked out linguistics...

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
or maybe he was dreaming that he was talking to aliens

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Digitize the tape, anyone who is going to record themselves, so we can hear it. I would be thankful.

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by mig12]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mig12
Digitize the tape, anyone who is going to record themselves, so we can hear it. I would be thankful.

If you are going to record yourself, make sure your arms or legs doesn't hit the recorder.

Happened to me...it only recorded about half night before it broke and woke up everyone in the house.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
My bro says he can't remember what he was dreaming about. He says something about cows.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ok,
one night i drempt that i was walking out to the kitchen, i whipped it out and started peeing in a dog bowel.
then i drempt my mother asked me what i was doing.
I said, "i'm peeing in the dog bowl, leave me the hell alone woman!"
then i woke up.

my mother then procedded to yell at me to get in there and clean up the mess i made.

good times.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
Ok,
one night i drempt that i was walking out to the kitchen, i whipped it out and started peeing in a dog bowel.

I seriously hope you mean bowl

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog

Originally posted by Fury
Ok,

I seriously hope you mean bowl

wow .
that is quite the # up on my part huh?
lol
yes, the dog water bowl.

*shudder*

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   

i whipped it out and started peeing in a dog bowel.

Says it all....
:so04:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
when i was doing basic training in the army i shared a room with 10 other blokes.one of them was a terrible sleep talker so bad in fact that we could ask him things and he would answer.
he gave us the combination of the padlock to his locker and lots of personal stuff he wouldnt of otherwise spoke about.
we moved stuff around in his locker loads of times and nicked his chocolate bars regularly.
he kept changing the combination because he couldnt understand how it was happenning but every time he talked in his sleep he gave us the new one.
made no difference when he bought a different lock either lol.
we told him in the end to stop him going mad and he saw the funny side eventually but he admitted to having no idea he talked in his sleep at all.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My little brother talks in his sleep too.
Nothing to abnormal though, just reciting pokemon and YU-GI-OH characters, " GO RED EYES BLUE DRAGON", "GO PIKAAAAAACHUUUUUUUUU!!!!"
Stupid stuff like that, hes just a kid.
Hes walked in his sleep at times aswell, but not too much.
He might be just reciting something he heard from cartoons, videogames?
My little brother has a tendency to do that.
Deep

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hmmmmm I used to talk in my sleep but my husband started asking me questions and then told me about it, lol don't know if I still do or not. Dont' wanna know.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I talk in my sleep. It's not a big deal ^^ It just means your in a state of sleep called REM sleep or Rapid Eye Movement

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I had a roomate in scholl that told me I yelled at him one night in my sleep shouting" can I shoot him again?? He's not dead yet". I still don't remember a thing abotu that.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i never remember dreams when i talk in my sleep, so your not alone

top topics

join