It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self Mastery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If a one can master their own design and be adaptable to all including the most 'primitive' characters they interact with while balancing logic and emotion...a one WILL find enlightenment.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
what?

post too short bull#.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
what?

post too short bull#.

If I can interact with you the same way that I can interact with a physics professor whilst not letting my emotions and flights of fancy get the better of me then I am enlightened.
Good words there Lucifer, I understood because I've done this myself. I noticed a very long time a go that I was not the only person in this world who felt afraid and alone, and that cured both of those problems plus it got rid of the idea that I had in my head that everyone else was better than me, that is a very destructive way of thinking.
It's hard sometimes to follow this wisdom, but it makes a person feel better when they do.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
stoicism is ancient form of thought, it has worked well with me to be able to discern what i believe is true while not allowing myself to become distracted by my emotions

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer
If a one can master their own design and be adaptable to all including the most 'primitive' characters they interact with while balancing logic and emotion...a one WILL find enlightenment.

~~++~~

would that qualify one as a "Shape Shifter"...?

or to become 'invisible' as in ninja discipline, ?
and to remain a humble-magician?

eom

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Very good Lucifer.

Perhaps Kipling said it better and certainly before you.

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,
If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I agree with all of this but you still left off the idea of intent.

You cannot be more than your intent no matter how carefully your put yourself together.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If a one can master their own design

Good luck in medical school, then. You have alot to learn, considering no one has "mastered their own design".

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   

If I can interact with you the same way that I can interact with a physics professor whilst not letting my emotions and flights of fancy get the better of me then I am enlightened.

Uhm... the Egyptian Gods worshipped the God which created them (the first God) and according to them we are the second creation. (the first God came into being by itself). Those Gods didn't seem to talk to the Egyptians without their fancy "almightyness"...

They made it very clear the Egyptians were below them in knowledge etc.

Aren't the Gods enlightened, or did they just know that that kind of enlightenment just decreases the chance of survival... and they were a bit smarter then to keep with the idea of enlightenment... by not doing fance.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa

Uhm... the Egyptian Gods worshipped the God which created them (the first God) and according to them we are the second creation. (the first God came into being by itself). Those Gods didn't seem to talk to the Egyptians without their fancy "almightyness"...

They made it very clear the Egyptians were below them in knowledge etc.

Aren't the Gods enlightened, or did they just know that that kind of enlightenment just decreases the chance of survival... and they were a bit smarter then to keep with the idea of enlightenment... by not doing fance.

Considering that I believe that is a fairy story, I don't see the point in your question.
And nobody is enlightened who thinks they are more knowledgeable and therefore better than another.
At specific things yes, like, I wouldn't tell a mechanic how to do their job, the same as they wouldn't tell me how to write lyrics, but not just blanket more knowledgeable.
I think some people are reading the words wrongly, this is about mastering yourself. Your ego, your emotions, your drive, etc.
It's not about shape-shifting or mastering your 'art'.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hmm..interesting post. Some good thoughts, and also, thinking everyone else is better than you not only is a destructive way to think, but can lower your self-esteem so much even to the point of depression. I know because I expierenced this a while back...God, am I glad I got that out of the way.

-wD

top topics

join