It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progress in Iraq!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Italian soldiers of the 3rd Combat Engineer Regiment detonate former Iraqi Army ammunitions in an area near the southern Iraqi town of Talill, Thursday, Nov. 20, 2003. The army are gradually detonating some 590,000 pieces of ammunitions stored in some 140 bunkers of the former regime.

August 8, 2003, marks the hundredth day since the end of major combat operations in Iraq. Results in Iraq: 100 Days Toward Security and Freedom presents highlights of the successes shared by post-Saddam Iraqis and their partners in the renewal of their nation. Under the leadership of the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) and the new Iraqi Governing Council, major strides are being planned and made in three key areas: security, economic stability and growth, and democracy. As this report is issued, the CPA is working with Iraqis to implement a strategic plan with measurable goals. Outside observers and coalition leaders agree that much remains to be done to restore order and bring prosperity to a brutalized society and an infrastructure suffering from decades of malign neglect. The steps toward sovereignty and democracy will be difficult and require patience and time. Substantial progress is being made on all fronts. As President Bush said last week, the "success of a free Iraq will ... demonstrate to other countries in that region that national prosperity and dignity are found in representative government and free institutions.... As freedom advances in the Middle East, those societies will be less likely to produce ideologies of hatred and produce recruits for terror." This report focuses on 10 areas where the liberation of Iraq has improved the lives of Iraqis and the safety and security of the world. Some examples in this report include:

For the first time in the lives of most Iraqis, a representative government is being established and human rights and freedom are being enshrined.

Nearly 3 dozen countries are contributing financially to the renewal of Iraq, and 19 countries are providing personnel for Operation Iraqi Freedom.

The food distribution system is functioning, based on equitable needs rather than cronyism.

Nearly all Iraqi children have finished exams from last year. All universities are open.

A $53 million program to rehabilitate more than 100 schools and clinics is underway.

10 Signs of Economic Renewal

A New Economy: A new Iraqi economy is being built on the principles of market economics, respect for the rule of law, and transparency.

Salaries: The CPA regularly pays salaries to those teachers, healthcare workers, soldiers, police, and other public sector employees who have returned to work. Payments of pensions and other emergency payments have also helped to avert a humanitarian crisis. Teachers' salaries, and other key employees' salaries, have increased four-fold over their pay under Saddam Hussein. Some 39,000 electrical workers are back at work. Other sectors show similar encouraging signs.

Commerce: The marketplace in Baghdad has many goods that were previously unavailable because of sanctions or because they were forbidden under the previous regime. Items such as satellite dishes are now readily available to Iraqis.

Banks: Banks are open in Baghdad. The CPA is working with Iraqis outside of Baghdad to open banks across the country as soon as possible. In addition, international interest in establishing an Iraqi trade bank has been strong, and proposals from foreign banks are under review for creating this trade facility.

Food: The CPA has purchased the upcoming wheat and barley crops, helping to meet the country's food needs while supporting farmers. These crops include over 600,000 metric tons of Iraqi wheat and more than 300,000 metric tons of Iraqi barley.

Loans for Entrepreneurs: A micro-credit facility is now being set up in the South. Credit facilities for the rest of the country are also planned. Iraq's two major banks will start making small and medium sized business loans to help Iraqi entrepreneurs restart their businesses.

Currency: A unified currency for Iraq has been announced. The exchange of old banknotes for new ones is set to begin October 15.

Iraqis' Savings: The dinar has maintained its value against the dollar, preserving the dinar-dominated savings of Iraqi citizens.

Natural Resources: Oil production is increasing, with daily production of crude averaging 1 million barrels in recent days.

Budget: The budget for the last six months of 2003 is now being executed, and the 2004 budget formulation process has begun. Of the 2003 budget, more than $400 million has been released to Ministries in July and August alone. The 2004 budget process, to be run by Iraqis, will target the most important priorities for the country's reconstruction and build on the spending commitments of the budget for the last six months of 2003.

Who said we are not making progress in Iraq.

Also the Opertation Ironhammer stopped 70% of attacks

in Iraq.

Success in operation ironhammer

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
They are doing well but critics of this operation are desparate to make this look worse than Vietnam. I hear that country being mentioned a lot lately for some strange reason?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
They are doing well but critics of this operation are desparate to make this look worse than Vietnam. I hear that country being mentioned a lot lately for some strange reason?

critics just want Bush out of office and they dont want to

think about security.

Iraq is nowhere near to what happened it Veitnam.

People just need to RESEARCH and not just sit behind tv

and watch CNN, ABC, NBC, BBC.

Those are the ones that started this propaganda.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Indeed there was a lot of progress last night in iraq, those rockets hitting the hotels......

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jozuph
Indeed there was a lot of progress last night in iraq, those rockets hitting the hotels......

get a life

war is war stuff happens but there is alot of progress

being made toward the good side.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

get a life

thats what i said russian, i said theres indeed a lott of progress, like last night [for me it was night] and indeed also in the right direction..I do have a life, like i told already before its indeed quite nice too, i dont have to watch my back everyday all day

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   

get a life

thats what i said russian, i said theres indeed a lott of progress, like last night [for me it was night] and indeed also in the right direction..I do have a life, like i told already before its indeed quite nice too, i dont have to watch my back everyday all day

sorry for my misunder standing

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   

get a life

sorry for my misunder standing

i do hope u understand me correct but that depends on what u find progress, i made the comment stating that the usa should leave there as soon as possible..I find em terrorists the way they act

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   

i do hope u understand me correct but that depends on what u find progress, i made the comment stating that the usa should leave there as soon as possible..I find em terrorists the way they act

DAMN I JUST WOKE UP!

I cant believe.

Do we just pack up and run?

Didnt you hear of operation ironhammer?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   

DAMN I JUST WOKE UP!

I cant believe.

Do we just pack up and run?

Didnt you hear of operation ironhammer?

i have my thoughs, u have yourz, yourz are not better then mine and mine are not better then yourz, u have to put in in perspective..I think it would be possible to pack up and walk away, the usa did already too much damage in iraq.. They didnt had the right to go there in the first place and now innocent kids of innocent parents in the states are being killed there, not that this bothers me cause again why they there to start with..kill and be killed. What is the states, a kindergarten making country ? They make their own little kindergarten, now in iraq and kill the kids inside..these people are grown up people, they have been here longer then people in the new world so i think they can think and take action on there own like they did till the usa came in...and brough terror on the iraq people..i mean iam against the death penalty, in the states they arent, can i now go into the usa and kill the people there ? I justify it with the fact that iam against the deathpenalty....No i wont [and cant cause my army is not so big and besides i dont wanna kill a lot of innocent people by bombing the empire state building:]
Ive heard about ironhammer, killing more iraqi people, if this is your progress...and makes my point only more clearly i guess...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by jozuph]

top topics

join