It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do non-christians explain "miracles"of God???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i would like to know what youre trying to get at with the sun comment?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
i would like to know what youre trying to get at with the sun comment?

I would like to know where you want me to get at with the sun comment?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   

would it be possible for you to post the pictures with the anomalies?

I'll post a couple of them. These pictures were taken with a 35mm and I have a negative for each of them. The pictures on this particular roll were taken in a few different places, but the anomalies were only present at the accident location.

The following picture was the first picture taken at the accident site. No others looked like this..

This picture was taken in the approximate area that I landed after being ejected. If you'll notice, the black circle is my ponytail holder. It was still on the pavement the day after the accident which was when these photos were taken. There is an orb inside the blob just above the yellow line.

Please do not use these photos in any manner. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   

so you believe in a force, principal, or power that predetermines events... but you say that said force could not be the work of god, IE a miracle vis a vi "fate"? your logic is flawed.

I'm not a big-time thinker, but I was attempting to explain causality without giving the correct term.

cau�sal�i�ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (k�-zl-t)
n. pl. cau�sal�i�ties

1. The principle of or relationship between cause and effect.
2. A causal agency, force, or quality.

As I said, life works in specific ways. There IS fate as you are certainly doomed to certain things within your life without it being paranormal in nature. You can't help your genetics, sex, parents, social class, area of residence, and many other things which are not in the least bit mystical. I'm certain you understand that. This is fate or causality. Whatever you want to call it, but its not supernatural by any means.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Heres one for them to explain:

I saw this on Ripley's: Believe it or Not. There was a German man, by the name of Mark..I believe...anyways, heres the story.

He had just finished saying goodbye to a good friend that had been staying with him, and he went to return the house. It was a rainy, wet, day, and he turned the corner, and slipped. He felt sideways and landed on a rusted, steel garden spike, that was supporting a plant. The spike penetrated in through his under-arm, and exited through his neck. He told the doctors that he had "felt no pain, he did not scream, and it all happened in less than a second". He was brought to the hospital, and the doctors feared infection, internal bleeding, penetration of his lungs, and more. Amazingly, none of the above occurred. He was out of the hospital in less than an hour, after getting the spike removed, and 5 total stitches put in (3 under his arm, 2 in his neck). There was no bleeding whatsoever. It missed all vital organs, and he was perfectly fine. (With the exception of a spike in his neck
.)

How do you explain this? This is definitely a miracle, I would say.

-wD

Wouldn't it be even more of a miracle if the spike never went through him in the first place? This kind of # happens every single day. You just don't hear about it. When you do, you think it's some kind of divine intervention? Why would you think so? Others are injured or die all the time. See, there's a problem with what you consider a "miracle", if this is one of them.
I once hit a tree (doing about 70MPH) on a motorcycle, and my knee was bashed between the tree and the gas tank. I was sure it was broken, but it wasn't. The bike looked horrible. I walked away. This was indeed luck. Oh yeah, it didn't bleed either. If you were there, you would've thought it was a miracle.

Did you hear about that guy who tried to commit suicide with a nail gun? They found the nail in his brain about 11 years later. He had been living a normal life, until it started to rust. Is that a miracle too?

[Edited on 11-23-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That sun comment is just stupid, if it was anywhere but the middle of the solar system that would be a miracle. Well more than a miracle, because most people say things that are possible but have low odds are a miracle when they occur. The sun anywhere but the middle of the solar system would simply be impossible.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Anything that seems impossible or far fetched imho could be considered a 'miracle'. If you went back in time to say, 1652 and showed them a computer they would have called you a sorcerer and killed you, however, in this day and age we refer to it as a miracle instead because we understand the difference and we are no longer ignorant to old wives tales and ridiculous stories. If a futuristic traveller came and told us we would one day look like alien beings we might laugh but we would understand that it is possible due to the rise in technology and spiritual awareness. Human beings are becoming more and more advanced and 'aware'.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
...however, in this day and age we refer to it as a miracle instead because we understand the difference and we are no longer ignorant to old wives tales and ridiculous stories.

We do? I don't think I've ever referred to any electronic/mechanical device as a "miracle". These are inventions, not miracles.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
miracles are a part of nature that has yet to be explained. think of it this way. god created the laws of nature, and through this, order was formed. if god were to defy his own laws of nature that would make him imperfect, because god himself, which is said to be perfect, has defied his own rules. i'm not really sure if this makes any sense. i'll try to clarify what i'm talking about once i find my notes.

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by IKnowNothing]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If miracles are part of nature, then it's safe to say that miracles = nature. If miracles = nature, then there is no need for a creator. Everything in the entire universe (no matter how strange or common) is a miracle, which is the most common natural occurance anyway. So, it's more accurate to say that everything is natural. Just because you consider something to be uncommon, doesn't make it so. You're but one person, and you're barely informed as to what the rest of your state is doing, much less your world. Therefore, you have no basis to judge whether anything is uncommon, until you do the research. Even then, if no one reported it, you still won't know.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jubilee
I have seen miracles (small ones) occur through prayer. I have no explanation except to believe in God's intervention.

They cannot all be explained away as co-incidences!!

How do you non-christians, satanists, aetheists etc explain them??

they cant explain.

They just think it is nature.

they think its just fake BS.

Well it isnt.

God does creat miracles!

And I have seen some of them.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Why are people who have supposedly seen "miracles" so reluctant to tell us what they are? Are you afraid someone might have a logical explanation?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I stopped at an intersection in my car and then started to move forward and my car slipped out of gear. The car stopped and a large truck filled with dirt swerved in front of me at that moment. If the car hadn't jumped out of gear we would have been history. The same gear thing happened only one other time and once again we were saved from a serious accident.

I kept hearing my child call my name over the loud stereo music and I knew he was fast asleep at the other side of the house. I went to check on him and sure enough he was fast asleep. Then I noticed a small white object between his lips. I pulled his mouth open and found a giant lump of bubblegum which almost filled his little mouth. If I didn't hear the paranormal voice calling me, and remove the gum, he would have choked to death in his sleep.

The coolest miracle happened to our rabbit cage. The sides of the cage were wire mesh, and the top was a piece of wire mesh that could be lifted off completely. One day I tried to lift the top off and found it was stuck in one place. I examined where it was stuck and to my total amazement I found that the mesh from the top of the cage had linked perfectly with the mesh on the side of the cage. It was scientifically impossible for such a thing to happen and i knew it. I showed the miracle to my wife, but she wouldn't even blink if God himself manifested in front of her, and she didn't think much of it. I thought it was total magic and I wonder how it happened?

There have been countless miracles in my life.

Since the aliens taught me a few things about themselves i'm convinced that they are the ones responsible for paranormal activity throughout the world. There are different types of aliens and they all perform different tasks.

God is a real spiritual force and no doubt the aliens are parts of God who do God's will. imo

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If those are miracles, then I'm telepathic! I could give you several examples, but I don't consider them anything beyond natural intuition, luck, or coincidence. It would take something pretty big to convince me, and even then, I'd be more convinced that it was my own "power" (or luck) that caused whatever happened.

More than likely, your child would have either swallowed the gum, or woke up with it in his hair.

[Edited on 11-23-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   
To explain what you do not know takes presidence in two things..

1. Your structure to always believe that you do not know. By always convincing the mind that things are not possible that they will always repeat the cycle of chaos in your own judgment leaving no satisfaction in this incarnation.

2. To put an organziation to Chaos you are creating a belief structure that you can believe and research upon weither you can create this in your mind or believe a subtext in your own interpretation. But with religious texts for me there is only one that seems to fit the whole equation together and offers a beginning.. middle and end.. That is the HOLY BIBLE. However Christ has gotten a very bad name through what the organized religions have done with this.. It even mentions this in the bible.. This conclusion came about in the most unusual way that you all will hear about later.. Now what one must do is try to prove things in ALL religions that they dont agree with. View all sides in their own mind then come to a conclusion.. If unsatisifed then make all of it up.. But once asking why and then making it all up you will never truly believe in your conconclusion... ?!? If so help evolution of the soul instead of controlled arguing.

Originally posted by nathraq

I have seen miracles (small ones) occur through prayer. I have no explanation except to believe in God's intervention.

Don't know. How would we explain any miracles that happened before Christianity, or to people who don't believe in Christ? Maybe Buddha, or Sri Ganesha, or Odin, or the Bogeyman could have brought about a miracle.

What does Christianity have to do with it?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'd rather not follow a set of laws and rules that someone else has deemed right to live by thanks. What woks for one person/country/culture doesn't work in another.
How can anyone follow the Bible? If you read it properly and decide to follow it then you'd become a loving, hateful, bigotted, accepting slave.
Not for me thanks.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   

~~++~~
well there Jubilee...a lot of replies, but i don't believe they're all non-cristians, satanists, atheists...

MIRACLE: only means (a) Wonderful Thing..!

The christians only userped, hi-jacked, the word....
then wrapped it in the 'mystery, paradox, occult practice of organised religion'
Then, as many assert::: any 'miracle' was of/from your God-->> rather than "attributed to GOD"
A rather Bold Presumption...

a miracle phenomena is any out of ordinary occurance, an abberation, anomoly, chance, luck, fate, karma...
simpily a naturally occurring happenstance given special significance & meaning...even called that special word- - miracle...maybe with a dash of superstition, folklore to boot.
Of the billion, billion events that transpire each & every day, all over the world~~one-out-of-the -Ordinary outcome should happen at least once-a-day!!
Which has absolutely nothing to do with an ever vigilent supreme being intervening in our experiences or guiding/changing our futures....does not your bible state that GOD does nothing that He does not make known to the Prophets first??....CHECK & MATE, fellow mortal

if youse read this far, hey, you've got the patience of Job
& might have the necessary attention, focus, visualization to go beyond the popular religions teachings.....

AUM
s/riff raff

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
How do Christians explain the miracles of God?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aztec
I stopped at an intersection in my car and then started to move forward and my car slipped out of gear. The car stopped and a large truck filled with dirt swerved in front of me at that moment. If the car hadn't jumped out of gear we would have been history. The same gear thing happened only one other time and once again we were saved from a serious accident.

I kept hearing my child call my name over the loud stereo music and I knew he was fast asleep at the other side of the house. I went to check on him and sure enough he was fast asleep. Then I noticed a small white object between his lips. I pulled his mouth open and found a giant lump of bubblegum which almost filled his little mouth. If I didn't hear the paranormal voice calling me, and remove the gum, he would have choked to death in his sleep.

The coolest miracle happened to our rabbit cage. The sides of the cage were wire mesh, and the top was a piece of wire mesh that could be lifted off completely. One day I tried to lift the top off and found it was stuck in one place. I examined where it was stuck and to my total amazement I found that the mesh from the top of the cage had linked perfectly with the mesh on the side of the cage. It was scientifically impossible for such a thing to happen and i knew it. I showed the miracle to my wife, but she wouldn't even blink if God himself manifested in front of her, and she didn't think much of it. I thought it was total magic and I wonder how it happened?

There have been countless miracles in my life.

Since the aliens taught me a few things about themselves i'm convinced that they are the ones responsible for paranormal activity throughout the world. There are different types of aliens and they all perform different tasks.

God is a real spiritual force and no doubt the aliens are parts of God who do God's will. imo

Aztec, would you post the website for the picture here, i've seen this site before its like, way out there!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Miracles of God, or just plain and simple luck.
I think the only miracle of God is that we have not destroyed eachother already.
I think as Humans we want to be close to an unknown nature to make us feel nutured and not alone in this vast universe.
God fills that void, When a miracle is preformed we feel as if someone is watching and looking over us with an unconditional love that noone else can ever give.
Deep

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join