It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man-eating Flies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation
I ran a search and found this. Not sure if its the same thing. Interesting none the less.

www.allaahuakbar.net...

This story is not the same. The original link in this thread stated that these bugs were being bred, sterilized and released to wipe out the screw worm. This obviously Arab site
, seems to be Iraqi propaganda.
The US may have introduced the fly purposely into Iraq, but I highly doubt it.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
ever heard of the Bot Fly? nasty creatures that burrow into the flesh-there was a TV documentary about dangerous creatures and these suckers were one of them, they had footage of them flying in and out of their "holes" tunneled into the backs and sides of livestock-they get people sometimes as well...YUCK!!!
www.kidzworld.com...

[Edited on 11-28-2003 by exdog]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think I saw that program, or atleast one like it.
A professor from England was in the Central Americas and he had been infected with a type of larval parasite from a fly.
It burrowed under his skin and surfaced to breath a few times a day, to get the little sh!t out he had to wait until it came up for air and gently grab it with a pair of tweezers and pull gently so as not to snap it in half which would result in infection.
It was a neat show =)

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canuck
I think I saw that program, or atleast one like it.
A professor from England was in the Central Americas and he had been infected with a type of larval parasite from a fly.
It burrowed under his skin and surfaced to breath a few times a day, to get the little sh!t out he had to wait until it came up for air and gently grab it with a pair of tweezers and pull gently so as not to snap it in half which would result in infection.
It was a neat show =)

sounds alot like the same show

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canuck

Originally posted by StationsCreation
I ran a search and found this. Not sure if its the same thing. Interesting none the less.

www.allaahuakbar.net...

This story is not the same. The original link in this thread stated that these bugs were being bred, sterilized and released to wipe out the screw worm. This obviously Arab site
, seems to be Iraqi propaganda.
The US may have introduced the fly purposely into Iraq, but I highly doubt it.

It has to do with the same worm/fly, but you're right it doesn't have the same implications as the original story. I've still not been able to find anymore information relating to the original story and factory in mexico, though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join