It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age requirement to join the Freemasonry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I have recently been thinking of joining a lodge in my town, however, I don't know the age requirements or anything like that. Could any of you that are already freemasons offer me some insight on this?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sneaky
Depending on your location it will very from 18 to 21. In N. C. USA it is 21. I'd recomend you contact the Grand Lodge in you state or country, or better a mason in your town.

I do need to point out that this site is for conspericies, and the powers that be have requested we not engage in non consperiouscy topics.

Good luck.

Added: you can U2U me and I will be glad to help in anyway I can.

[edit on 19-12-2006 by Masonic Student]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Even if the official age requirement is 21, is there an unoffical age requirement? For example, any adult can enroll at a university. If someone over the age of 30 goes to university (and many do), they are almost always out of place with their classmates, many of whom are under 20. Similarly, even if one can join masonry at 21, they may feel out of place considering many masons are over 60 years old. If they are above the "cut off" age, they may be able to socialize and fit in with the average lodge member.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The age requirement to join Freemasonry in my country, is 21. However, a Freemason's son can join his lodge after his 18th birthday. I suspect that this may be the general rule, but i'm sure to be corrected if i'm wrong.

I attend my local lodge and I'm second youngest there and I'm 29!!! The age difference does not bother me in the slightest.

Hope this helps....now back to some consipericies.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
While the vast majority of men I've seen be initiated have been in their 20's we've had all ages up to the 70's join in my lodge. It is strictly up to the man involved and both his intrest leval and time available as to when they join.

The cut off age would be for practical purposes only. For example, it would be reather pointless for someone bed ridden (due to age or infermaty) and unable to participate to join. This is most deffinatly a matter of "you get out only what you are willing to put in."

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SneakySquirrel
I have recently been thinking of joining a lodge in my town, however, I don't know the age requirements or anything like that. Could any of you that are already freemasons offer me some insight on this?

In the great state of South Carolina, the age requirement is 18. My Lodge just initiated an 18 year old a few weeks ago.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My lodge (in Washington D.C.) was 21+ but were willing to overlook 2 months until my birthday at the time. About the "unofficial age," you definitely stick out being in your early 20's in any Masonic lodge, as most tend to have an aging membership unfortunately. However once you get to know them you will realize that due to your similar interests theirs and your age no longer matter.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
For those interested here's a link to one of Brother Paul Bessel's pages that gives Masonic age requirements throughout the United States.

www.bessel.org...

Paul maintains a very interesting and informative site at:

www.bessel.org

top topics

join