It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the future belongs to the US......or Russia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Im tired of threads saying China or Europe will surpass Russia or the US.

The largest flaw in these arguments is a lack of understanding of aggressive foreign policy. Right now Europe has no real foreign policy and China's is pretty benign.

Any aggressive change will be resisted by the two real super powers. Europe's change to a cohesive and aggressive foreign policy most liokely would cause the US to support Russia's spread westward.

Any change in China's foreign policy would cause both Russia and the US to deny China access to other industrial nations.

The world won't change for a while for the same reason Rome lasted 1,000 years.

Russia and the US won't share power, but neither will allow any other to join them....it's total domination.

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Stratrf_Rus]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I pretty much agree, I honestly don't believe that the US will ever let any other nation take over I hate to say, I think they would take everyone down with them if it came to it...lets hope that day doesn't come around...

Its been said "he who owns space, controls the planet" and its not just by chance that the US really does own space for the most part.

Europe doesn't want to be top dog, they just want to be wingman I think to those that do. Russia isn't even a player anymore and I think they most of all will resent China the higher status they achieve.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have to agree with you here.

Russia has their sphere of influence and the US has their sphere of influence. Though sometimes they may butt heads, I think the US and Russia have an understanding.

Even during the cold war, the US and Russia competed to develop other nations. I hate to be a geek here, but you can see references to this in shows like star trek, the Federation (US) and the Klingon Empire (RUSSIA) competed to develop planets (nations) within the neutral zone(the world).

I know that is such a lame analogy, but it shows the understanding the US and Russia have. There will never be a direct war between the US and Russia, but we will compete in other endeavors. Space, Military Tech, Science, etc.

The US and Russia have come closer together and will probably not allow EU or China to ever gain superpower status.

Some say there is a unipolar power status in the world at the moment, I would argue that Russia never lost their position as a superpower, just underwent some changes.

ape

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
russian sphere of influence? I think that fell apart when the USSR collapsed, they have trouble spreading 'influence' in their former satellite states who resent them. Russias days are over unless they have a complete change of domestic policy and the iron grip of putins commie mindstate.

the day russia will be on the right track is when people want to move there to start a better life for themselves and their families.

I feel these have some good reads as they are not from some russian government source, and I'm not attacking your country only pointing out the obvious, that country is about as corrupt as mexico. fpc.org.uk...

china and india will also only go so far, take a look at the poverty in those countries before you even begin to compare it to russia.

[edit on 15-12-2006 by ape]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The reason Russia is still a major player is Russia can still do the damage other nations cannot. I think Russia realizes that they can spread nuclear technology to nations hostile to the US and force our defense spending through the roof. Remember as soon as the American way of life ends (cheap defense) the US loses. The brightest Russians know this.

Russia is better able to cope with a rogue state attacking them. the US is not. Futhermore it is easier for a rogue state to attack the US from the sea than for them to attack Russia (due to where most of the populace lives).

Russia has everything to gain from Nuclear proliferation as it did in NoKo and is now trying in Iran.

ape

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
first of all these 'rogue nations' will attack russia aswell as the united states, youre on a campaign with chechen rebels, not only that jihadist hate russia about as much as the US. russia has had its fare share of attacks such as that school house massacre. Iran supports the chechen rebels and thats the same country your proposing to help enrich uranium and 'keep an eye' on the project.

the way these 'rogue nations' view your people as godless from your past history, not to mention russias jewish and christian populations would be prime targets for radical islam, oh wait it has already happened.

the US is not succeptable to attack by any rogue nation unless it's in the form of terror such as 9/11, in your case with the mindstate of the people you back in the UN the same weapons you export will most likley be used against your country.

russia is still not a major player and they cant even do damage to their former satellite states, look at how they want to move into nato and the EU.

russia has along way to go before it ever becomes a real player on the world scene again, simply supplying weapons to rogue states hardly makes them influential.

oh and US weaponry has always dominated russian in regards to quality and has always dominated on the battlefield as shown in the past.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ape
first of all these 'rogue nations' will attack russia aswell as the united states, youre on a campaign with chechen rebels, not only that jihadist hate russia about as much as the US. russia has had its fare share of attacks such as that school house massacre. Iran supports the chechen rebels and thats the same country your proposing to help enrich uranium and 'keep an eye' on the project.

the way these 'rogue nations' view your people as godless from your past history, not to mention russias jewish and christian populations would be prime targets for radical islam, oh wait it has already happened.

the US is not succeptable to attack by any rogue nation unless it's in the form of terror such as 9/11, in your case with the mindstate of the people you back in the UN the same weapons you export will most likley be used against your country.

russia is still not a major player and they cant even do damage to their former satellite states, look at how they want to move into nato and the EU.

russia has along way to go before it ever becomes a real player on the world scene again, simply supplying weapons to rogue states hardly makes them influential.

oh and US weaponry has always dominated russian in regards to quality and has always dominated on the battlefield as shown in the past.

I fail to see how your asessment adds up.

First Russia is quite aware of problems from the Iranian government, it doesn't stop them from helping it because the people mean nothing in Russia, only Russi matters and Russia grows stronger from those attacks, politically. It is their Reichstag.

Yes people will try to use weapons against you but it's easy enough to guard against Nuclear terrorism, radiation detection equipment and better searching all are cheaper than defense spending.

And Russia is doubtfully very concerned they'll be attacked by Nuclear terrorism. Do you seriously think they believe Iran only uses the Nuclear fuel for energy? Why hasn't Russia then demanded the spent fuel?

ape

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
it's very stupid to do business and sell nuclear technology to 'rogue' nations, why dont you look up the defenition of 'rogue', they ally with nobody unless you represent their ideas and mindstate and even then it's not certain. you're sitting here telling me a former atheist communist nation is going to get an allegance from a religious islamic regime hell bent on acquiring nuclear weapons an spreading militant islam??

islamic fundementalism does not pick favorites in regards to russians or americans, we all are infidels in their minds and they will try to kill us if we allow them the means to.

basically what russia would be doing is supplying certain countries with nuclear tech (as you obviously had not pointed out the differences in the countries russia does busniess with), lets say they arm iran what would that do? well not only would israel be arming up if not already taking out iran but other sunni dominated muslim countries would be arming up trying to acquire nuclear technology and by this point neither the US or the UN has any control over the situation, now how would the sunni dominated muslim countries take to russia supplying shi'a dominated countries with nuclear technology? basically you would be starting an arms race which would not be able to be controlled, sure russia and pakistan and a whole bunch of other countries would attempt capitalise on this but what would happen in the end? basically if war broke out which it would because iran wants all the resources of the middle east not only would US interests be indangered but so would russian and european and everyone else who does business in that region, nobody wants an even more unstable middleeast and thats exactly what you are proposing russia do to remain a 'world player'. plus I am seriously disturbed with the idea of a nuclear arms race in the middle east , those muslims should never be allowed to ever have nuclear technoloy they are to mentally unstable, basically in the end the middleast will be glowing and the worlds oil supply in that region will be deceimated.

dude no offense but you come off as a commie.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I don't know about Russia now. But I do agree with you that I doubt the EU and China will be major superpowers eventhough people like to talk about it.

top topics

join