It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumerians knew about genetics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The Sumerians

Just look at the text below... the texts of the Sumerians which are thousands of years old also speak of the use of a third person as donor, and cley seems to be very important for live (just as all religions say it is).

I thought it would fit here because of the breakthrough with the three parents and the clay etc.

But well hey, perhaps this gives you a motivation to also begin try to see religions and cultures from a scientific view...

A lot of scientific knowledge back then... wouldn't it be really scientific to understand how they did know?

Or do you guys really think it is scientific to say that all those texts are not true and blablabla and all just fables... or is it scientific to try to understand how these people knew this information (they say the Gods had this information by the way).

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
No, they didn't know about genetics and so forth. Sitchin is trying to take mythology and make it reality -- akin to taking Little Red Riding Hood and saying that wolves walk and talk and really DO dress up as your grandmother and that you can be swallowed whole by a wolf (this would be like being swallowed whole by your german shepherd dog... doesn't happen) and that you could live for nearly half a day in a wolf/dog's stomach.

In any case, it's a striking example of just how bad Sitchin's scholarship is.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think some-one doesn't want to realise things because it doesn't fit in his picture. Perhaps some-one teached you to not believe things which don't fit in the things which have been thought to you at scool?

Come on Byrd, you have to be kidding me.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
I think some-one doesn't want to realise things because it doesn't fit in his picture. Perhaps some-one teached you to not believe things which don't fit in the things which have been thought to you at scool?

Come on Byrd, you have to be kidding me.

No, Leen. I don't want to believe made-up stuff.

You're just reading and believing Sitchin -- and I'd bet you've never actually read the Ennama Elish (the sacred texts of the Sumerians.) I would also bet that you've never been to a museum (I have) and looked at the Sumerian artifacts.

I would bet that you don't know much about Sumerian history and archaeology.

I know a lot about wolves and Europe, too, which is why I know that "Little Red Riding Hood" is a fable/fantasy and not truth. When Sitchin first came out with his theories, I went to the Enumma Elish and other sacred texts and looked up his sources.

He's full of baloney.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Byrd see ya, if you do see me as inferior in knowledge that's alright with me, but it doesn't give me a pleasure in giving information away with people like you

Good luck with saying that those kind of people are ful of baloney etc. while you didn't even gave sites which say that it isn't written. (you can't find it because it is written).

Well, good luck with discussing in such a way like you do, saying I am inferior in knowledge, and don't know about hem

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Sitchin is making a killing with all those books sold and all his talks. The guy is a businessman first and it shows. He's been debunked already, but this doesn't prevent UFO buffs from believing in his tall tales.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Helioform

Give a site where it is debunked. Men it is in accordance with the Mayans and Egyptians do you want to debunk them too.

It is written in texts which have been dated by scientist as being thousands of years old, that you would like to think that it is not, and that they didn't knew is your choice.

Give the links which debunk it all. Because I haven't seen it yet.

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by LeenBekkemaa]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
Good luck with saying that those kind of people are ful of baloney etc. while you didn't even gave sites which say that it isn't written. (you can't find it because it is written).

Well, good luck with discussing in such a way like you do, saying I am inferior in knowledge, and don't know about hem

You apparently missed my suggestions:

The Sumerian dictionaries (find any of those terms in Sumerian)
The Enumma Elish (Sitchin's "source" which he mistranslates badly.)
Sumerian history
Archaeological sites

I read Sitchin and Von Daniken and the like, and then I went out to look at their source material and started looking at some of the language dictionaries and so forth.

I can, if you like, overload the message with links showing that Sitchin isn't a scholar and actually can't translate for himself and has no clue what he's talking about. I can overload with links showing that his astronomy is not only wrong, it's just plain silly.

All you have for "proof" is one book by one person who doesn't know one end of the telescope from another and who can't actually translate any of the Sumerian texts and who has never been on an archaeological expedition and never even handled the artifacts. He's no scholar, and even his books show that he doesn't know much about history.

He's making this stuff up.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
And the GREEKS ...way back in copper & bronze age knew about atoms

also, cave paintings some 30,000 yo
predate the art movements of expressionism and surrealism and such, of modern artists

All three of those facts AND a $1. will get you a cup of joe at a local =>(circle)K

before sitchen there was cayce: see ARE Organization in virginia...the Atlantis scientists practised DNA & Gene manipulation way before the sumerian/anninukei?...they even used lasers and 'tesla' free electricity...probably 5mya-2mya??

hey, all these theories, legends, myths, folklore...
are worthwhile mental constructs

and i'm not going to be convinced to discard one line of thought, because someone argues theirs' is better...

peace, enjoy your journey

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Nibiru the 12th planet

www.sacred-texts.com...

Introduction
This is a good sceptic site, it gives good information and also says the week points in the theory of Sitchin (I can name a few other weaknesses by the way) about the Sumerians knowledge and the 12th planet.

The contents of the site itself
It says that the Sumerians were probably (as far as archaeological knowledge can reveal) the first civilisation 6,000 years ago, which culture almost exploded overnight. Sumer is a list of �firsts� and you will therefore also see in which the Sumerians were the first ones, like the first method of writing, the first library etc.

To support the thesis that the Sumerians did have highly advanced astronomical knowledge Sitchin points towards the Greek which knew the precession of the equinoxes and to understand this phenomenon a person must have data which is just as old (about 2,000 years), which leads us back to the Sumerians.

After this a lot of information about the knowledge of the Sumerians is summed up like that their �dub� is synonym for the 360 degrees and �the arch of heaven�, that a calendar of the Sumerians dating back to 4,4000 B.C. acknowledged the precessional shift, and that their 12 based numbering system which was synonymous for the planets known to them.

That they meant the planets themselves is also confirmed by the description of the planets, which says that it has orbits and gravitational force (in a primitive manner).

The 12th planet, the asteroid belt and mankind
The 12th planet, while going to our solar system, gave Pluto also it�s particular orbit, according to Sitchin. Then there is a piece about the collision with the other planet, which supposedly had created the asteroid belt. This does he support with Genesis. This happened before men were created, so Sitchin says the Nefilim gave them this knowledge. The Nefilim worked in mines, and build men so they didn�t have to work in the mines anymore. Men was build to work for the Gods (which he does support by the translation of a text).

What does this theory explain
It could explain the rapid rise and technical powers of the Sumerian civilisation.

The weaknesses of the theory
1. How could life evolve on a planet which is far away from Pluto is a question.
2. Sitchin goes to far in describing the technology etc. of the beings from the 12th planet.
3. He does make it seem like it is fact, while it isn�t proven.

My view
All the weaknesses which this site mentions are real weaknesses of Sitchins theory. I would also give the weakness (which hasn�t even been mentioned) that Marduk (the 12th planet) collided with the planet Tiamat which made the asteroid belt. After such a collision it is almost impossible to keep the orbit which it had, and a planet cannot split in all kind of pieces. You also have to say that in Genesis says that the collision also created earth, while we know earth has been here for over 5 billion years now.

www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...
After reading this site you can draw a connection between the �tenth moon� of the Dogontribe and the 12th planet of the Sumerians. If we would say that the 12th planet is a metaphor for a spaceship on which the beings lived, it would also make sense that the so-called 12th planet would have a almost 100% elliptical orbit.

Weakness number 1. would become invalid. Number 2. and 3. are big mistakes of Sitchin himself, but don�t result the information which we have about the Sumerians themselves (he just interpreters them as he chooses). The coming of aliens would explain the rapid rise and technical powers of the Sumerians and fit�s also in the other religions. The question remains from which planet does that spaceship come (if it�s not Nibiru). It�s clear it comes from out of our solar system (as the Sumerians themselves say), and if we are going to say that the Gods of the Sumerians were the same as the Gods of the Mayans, Egyptians, Dogontribe, Islam and followers of Christ we would have to say they came from the Sirius system.

I think you follow Sitchin also on the idea that it is a real planet... that is a real silly idea I know that too

But just see it as a metaphor and then it does make sense. I don't care about Sitchin, I don't give a frocking frock about him
I care about the information which is known... and therefore I see that Sitchins idea's aren't that bad... but he goes wrong because he keeps the thought of a real planet... that's what makes it unbelievable for most people...

The facts stay that the Sumerians did believe in the Gods from Nibiru and had a lot of astronomical knowledge... that's what concerns me.

I don't agree with Sitchin neither, because I think he interpretets it wrong, but still the information of which he get it is really there... and about that there is no doubt.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I can, if you like, overload the message with links showing that Sitchin isn't a scholar and actually can't translate for himself and has no clue what he's talking about. I can overload with links showing that his astronomy is not only wrong, it's just plain silly.

All you have for "proof" is one book by one person who doesn't know one end of the telescope from another and who can't actually translate any of the Sumerian texts and who has never been on an archaeological expedition and never even handled the artifacts. He's no scholar, and even his books show that he doesn't know much about history.

Be realistic please...
he isn't that famous because his theory is crap, you can't overload me with sites that say that the astronomical knowledge wasn't there, or are you going to make sacret-texts.com look like a giver of false information? And yeah, I hear it quite a lot that people say that they have read many many many books etc. but still the person on the other side only has one person which doesn't know of which he is talking about and blablabla

Come on man, that information is thousands of years old, astronomical knowledge wasn't wrong, don't go the road of which you are trying to attack the inventor of the theory, attack the proven information, attack the information given on the sceptic site of sacret-texts for instance

But hey it's your call, I am going to watch television now,

Greetz,

Leen

top topics

join