It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Boom over NC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Did anyone here hear the boom above NC last night (11-15-03)Some of the people thought it may be military aircraft. Very mysterious considering that no military plances were flying over these counties last night.

Also does anyone have a link to a news agency with this story?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
hmmm no, i do live here, but no i didn't.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firebird
Did anyone here hear the boom above NC last night (11-15-03)Some of the people thought it may be military aircraft. Very mysterious considering that no military plances were flying over these counties last night.

Also does anyone have a link to a news agency with this story?

This is a big state. What area was it?
I was outside most of the evening last nite, but didn't hear anything.

-B.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Banshee is just pleading the fifth.

She was outside, all right, and she let out an almighty Banshee wail as her last statement in coming to terms with the appointment of dear Colonel as a Mod on her favorite bulletin board.

Of course that would register as a sonic boom miles away and wake a good proportion of the populace.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Firebird,

Do you have that link concerning this phenomena?

Please post it if you still have it.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Banshee is just pleading the fifth.

She was outside, all right, and she let out an almighty Banshee wail as her last statement in coming to terms with the appointment of dear Colonel as a Mod on her favorite bulletin board.

Of course that would register as a sonic boom miles away and wake a good proportion of the populace.

Nah,
I hit the 'shine last nite. Can't scream when you can't see straight.
The only loud noises I heard was the fight we had to break up. (mental note: don't let that particular wrestler drink straight from the mason-jar anymore.)
But no giant boom.

Just working on William's bet that I could drink a certain new mod under the table. Training, you see.

-B.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I cannot find a link but i think they said it was in the middle of the state im still lookin for a link tho

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here is the one I was referring to:

100megsfree4.com...

in which they speak of these booms being reported as far back as the 1850's.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I also heard about that story it was on my local news here. ABC 11 but its not on there website

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Firebird, I for one heard it.... I live in Central NC.. near greensboro. It was at 1:14 in the morning... I remember cause I scared the # out of me when i heard it and I was going to call my mother to see if she had heard the same thing... Of couse my Fiance slept right through it... She sleeps through everything... But it shook the $# out of my house... I thought we were being bombed. I posted on a different board this morning not knowing that someone else had heard it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is where i posted this morning when Valhall told me about this post. There was 2 extremely loud booms, and I know there were Sonic booms because I ran outside after it and could hear the engines... Just amazing... But at first it just rattled my brains. But I am like you, we never have military craft where I live, and this plane was low..... It shook things off my shelf at home...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here is the link that link to the Boom heard in NC... This is near where i live... www.thetimesnews.com.../2003/03-11/03-11-17/news-1.html

Something is fishy.... The Gov. says that they were not flying a plane and there was no explosion.. I know what a sonic boom sounds like and this was a jet.... If it was not the US, then who the hell was it

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It was probably a low flyby from a patrolling fighter aircraft. The problem with jets is that they are there and gone before you hear the sound, so its hard to track them visually when they travel at supersonic speeds close to the ground.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This does happen quite frequently around there. Davidson county has experienced many, (or was that just Sheriff Hege stamping his feet ?
)

Kinda like the earthquakes people have been feeling in Reidsville lately, but they never seem to register on a seismograph!

It is weird.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Oh Smiirkley, i actually work in Winston, but live right near burlington... But yes, I just find it very very weird... And you are probably right about Sheriff Hege stamping his feet... LOL... but I don't know... Just something was strange about it, and strange as to why a Jet would go supersonic so close to the ground at 1:15 in the morning... But still the military Denies it......

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   

That is where i posted this morning when Valhall told me about this post. There was 2 extremely loud booms, and I know there were Sonic booms because I ran outside after it and could hear the engines... Just amazing... But at first it just rattled my brains. But I am like you, we never have military craft where I live, and this plane was low..... It shook things off my shelf at home...

I get my brains rattled (a lot) around here Dravenn

There's been quite a bit of military activity, at the base of Mount Charleston recently too. Not to mention, several power glitches in the past week. Anything electronic does some really strange things. ie.. television changing channels on it's own and my computer shutting down. I agree those damn Sonic Booms really jolt ya!

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I saw something on the news about the gov going to detonate a bomb for a test somewhere it may have been near you guys I remember hearing about it and thinking wonder what are they (the gov.) trying to pull off now.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
No sorry i don't live there

and also no i haven't heard anything

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i have no idea but a few nights ago i heard a loud noise and my house shook because of it. it was not thunder or an earthquake. i dont know what it was.

new topics

top topics

join