It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your Phobias?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have one irrational fear. Camels!

I never trusted them. When I was about 8 years old my mother wanted me to have my photo taken with one. I was too afraid. She made me do it anyway.
Then the camel decided to kick me in the head!

Does anyone else here have any weird or irrational fears?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't like total darkness for some reason. I'm also kinda claustrophobic (small spaces make me feel uncomfortable).

I think that's it.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Does drowning count? That's my worst fear in the entire world. If I was about to drown and had a gun, I'd shoot myself. Wouldn't even thing about it.

Just thinking about it makes me feel ill.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Suffocating, wether it be drowning, buried alive, anything. That would be a crapy way to die.
I use to have a fear of heights, but not as bad anymore.
Now what I hate the most, are bees. Anything that stings really, but bees more so. You know how you've been told as a little kid, "If you don't bother them, they wont bother you". Well thats a bunch of crap! Was sitting on a bench in the middle of a park with my friends, and one came flying up to us and landed on my arm. My friends started freaking out but I only said, "I haven't bothered it, it wont bother me". BAM I got stung.

It was prolly my friends who freaked the bee out when they all got up from the bench quickly. But I tried the same thing at the same bench by my self, another bee ANOTHER sting.

Another incident happened when I was driving in a neighborhood by a school, window was down and had my arm resting on it. Was about to get to a stop sign when I felt something on my arm, I looked at it and it was a wasp.
I flicked my arm hard once, the wasp stayed, flicked my arm really hard a second time, which made me jerk the wheel, the wasp fell off and into the floorboard, my van went up on the curb and I almost hit the stop sign (would have been my first accident). So I was real freaked and pissed off at the same time, quickly drove across the intersection, pulled over to the side of the road, jumped out, the wasp fell out on the ground, and you can guess what I did from there. *STOMP* :bash:
So every time I see a bee, I freak out, get the creepy crawling feeling and run for my life like an atom bomb just hit the city. I've gotten better over the years but I'm still freaked by them. Had one fly up and started buzzing right in front of me a few weeks ago as I was checking the mail. It stayed in front of me as I walked, then it flew up at my face, I took a huge backswing with the mail in my hand, smacked the bee and watched it fly and smack into the building I was walking past. Was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen, I felt redeemed. Started laughing and the only thing I said as I walked away was, "OWNED"!

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Spiders. I hate those infernal creatures. :bnghd:

I fear not having control over myself in a situation, like being drowned, or stuck in a tight place without any knowledge of getting free.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Is there a fear for complete loneliness?

If there it i'd say that would be mine. It would just suck to have nobody at all.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
A lot of people are afraid of heights. I have a serious fear of widths!!

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I've got a thread with the same topic already started:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Sorry Mechanic, I hadn't seen your thread.

Do not reply to this thread.

Please use the following:
[align=center]

[edit on 10-12-2006 by Gear]

top topics

join