It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA, Big Brother, And You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I found this little piece in the news tonight. Looks like your DNA over there in the UK isn't going to be much of a privacy issue any longer...

The Independent

Relatives of suspects in criminal investigations are to face having DNA tests and their confidential medical records released to the authorities if they refuse to co-operate with the police.

Internal government guidelines on the use of the DNA database seen by The Independent on Sunday instruct the police to ask for medical files belonging to the relatives of criminals so their blood and tissue samples can be tested for DNA.

The secret document, prepared for police forces by the Home Office, reveal that families of suspects, and those with similar genes, are being targeted by investigators.

Some key phrases that really creeped me out in there were Suspects and Families. Not Convicts, not even Criminals, but literally Suspects and families of suspects. Isn't DNA generally nessecary only in comparitive forensics? They need a DNA Database?

Then of course the proverbial punchline...

From Above

The guidance says officers can pretend they are doing a general DNA "sweep" when asking for swabs from people they believe are related to a suspect. And it says that people who refuse to give DNA samples should be regarded as suspicious.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It just gets creepier all the time. What if they took all this DNA from so many people and made a big blob person. Like a global brain of sorts?

It is so intrusive, your body personal individuality being accessible by tissue and saliva and the sorts.

To think I could be cloned because I have provided DNA.

Is nothing sacred anymore?

What if something is implanted same time something is extracted? Ewwww

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
can you not just spit into a cup. lol

uk, is just a police state full stop. just sit back and enjoy, all your privacy being pissed up against the wall

join