It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your Government brought back the draft to fight the W.O.T would you flee or fight?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Simple Question.

.If your Government brought back the draft to fight the War on Terror, would you flee or fight?

Me? No way i'd fight. I believe voilence is only creating more terrorists for the future. Circle of voilence. So lock me up

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
Simple Question.

.If your Government brought back the draft to fight the War on Terror, would you flee or fight?

Me? No way i'd fight. I believe voilence is only creating more terrorists for the future. Circle of voilence. So lock me up

How do you fight an invisible enemy with physical draftees?

Where do you hide from an invisible enemy?

[edit on 22-11-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
If the Government decides on a draft, I'll be at the recruiting office before they call my number.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRONE1980
If the Government decides on a draft, I'll be at the recruiting office before they call my number.

Ummm, this may sound like a silly question.

But whose side will you be on?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Would they actually recruit somebody who believes their own government performed the terror attacks of September 11, 2001?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Becareful what you wish for, when your locked up along side Bubba and he leans over and whispers in your ear " You and me are the same we both believe in love not War honey buns " you may then wish you joined the WOT!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Would they actually recruit somebody who believes their own government performed the terror attacks of September 11, 2001?

Maybe they will have a, 'don't ask, don't tell' policy on that issue?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'd go, better than jail anyways. Id rather be somewhere where I'd have a fighting chance, because I know I wouldnt survive in prison after some of the horror stories I've hear from my professors who worked in corrections. Hell, I'd probably stay in. Dont have to worry about getting laid off working for the Army, great job security.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Dont have to worry about getting laid off working for the Army, great job security.

Is the military considered a service business?

I hear that we are transitioning to a service based economy. Maybe our new export to the world is war.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Countries only need small Armies now a days, Units of special OPs and basically all the rest you need is policemen !!

Rest is fought with Missiles and Jet Fighters!

If you get drafted just try NOT to get a policeman style job as these are the poor guys that die to these spawns of Satan that look them in the eye, smile, hold out a hand to shake and then BOOOM!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
if given the chance I'd fight. Both my grandfathers were in WW2, one fought at Omaha beach Normondy, the Other was at Pearl harbor. I was gonna join the Marines when I turned 18 but I ended up in a serious car accedent which held me back. If there was a draft I'd be down at my local recruteing office in no time.

I personaly belive going into Iraq was a major mistake but someone has to clean the mess up. We should have went after Iran instead.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
They can bring the draft or whatever they want. . .

But look what happen during congress elections . . .

I tell you who will become worst enemy that the so call bush made war on terror . . .

The mothers of America

They will become the next fight for any administration if they chose to bring any type of draft.

Beware of the soon to become The war against mothers of America

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome

I personaly belive going into Iraq was a major mistake but someone has to clean the mess up. We should have went after Iran instead.

I agree 100pc, we had to do something to fight Terrorism but Iraq could of waited, bigger fish to fry, now where all bogged down playing Police Man in citys that dont want us there!

Thing that irks me a little about War is that thousands of the Bravest and best die, but the USA has 2 million people sitting in prisions sponging off the system, these prisoners should get drafted and sent to Warzones.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am an American and this is my country. I would go and fight without hesitation. My reason for fighting would be for freedom justice and to protect as many people from being tortured and raped as possible.I'm sure there is a hidden agenda behind this war but I would make sure I stayed true to myself and my country by standing strong on the standards I was raised with. Believe it or not alot of our solders are doing a good thing over there and are dieing for what they believe in. FREEDOM!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

Thing that irks me a little about War is that thousands of the Bravest and best die, but the USA has 2 million people sitting in prisons sponging off the system, these prisoners should get drafted and sent to Warzones.

Well I am one of those that look at that also and wonder, I think that young people that are found in trouble with the law should be given the choice to do either time in jail or earn an honest pay check joining the service.

But . . . it will be called racial profiling and human rights groups will be the first one to bring millions of objections to it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Simple Question.

Since the GWOT is a lie to instill fear into a population with no proportionate threat against them, they can shove it.

Give me a morally justifiable war and I would take up arms to protect my friends and family ON MY SOIL, but this one don't even remotely qualify.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Kojac, If I could make a suggestion, Well what we should do is get all the politicians, the power mad and rich, the blind patriots and their potential enemies put them on an island somewhere and let em at it. That way the rest of us can live in peace as that is what most of us want anyway and as we are the majority we should get it sorted.

No one should sign up, all should refuse to join the armed forces, no one is invading America and from the mouths of all the armchair experts here on ATS no one is capable of invading or Attacking America anyway so there's no need for the draft is there.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'd fight - but not necessarily on the side of the .gov

Frankly though I'm not going to hold my breath on a draft being instituted, our interventionist faction counts on a volunteer force to lower the political barriers to war.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I would kill my self before i kill anyone else.

So, no i would not join the army at any cost.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I am an American and this is my country. I would go and fight without hesitation. My reason for fighting would be for freedom justice and to protect as many people from being tortured and raped as possible.I'm sure there is a hidden agenda behind this war but I would make sure I stayed true to myself and my country by standing strong on the standards I was raised with. Believe it or not alot of our solders are doing a good thing over there and are dieing for what they believe in. FREEDOM!

You'd better get started in your own backyard, there are plenty of people in the United States that would like to be sure of their freedom and Justice. There are plenty of people that would like to be free of Torture and Rape as well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join