It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal message in Jay-Z song, is it real or just religious propaganda?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This video is one of a pastor(?) in a church who is supposedly playing a Jay-Z song backwards. The song says "6, 6, 6. Murder, Murder, Jesus.", and I want to hear you're opinions on this, is it real or is it just something that was put together to get kids to stop listening to rap. I've listened to backwards songs before to see if you can hear anything, and I know that they don't sound as clear as this one did. If this is really the song backwards, then it would be obvious that it was put it in there on purpose, because it sounds just like his voice.

Z-yaJ

Please, if anybody happens to know what song this is and can try it out for themselves, or even let me know what song it is and I will try it, please do so.

[edit on 20/11/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i would try it - if the link worked

sparky

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparkyloveandlight
i would try it - if the link worked

sparky

Link works now. Sorry about that, it got copied and pasted wrong, somehow.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wow man I was expecting some messed up stuff where it didnt sound so good but wow, that was clear as day. Kinda messed up,

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
LOL. Priest with an Apple. Being a Catholic that isn't something we are used to, and of course priest listening to jazy or what ever his name is.

can you edit the song to see if it actually says that because he could be BS'n the whole thing.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
maybe because everyone allocates and compartmentalizes GOD in Jesus the Man.??
ever think of that one?
everyone worships the idea of some man, as a savior some hippy dude whose gonna come and fix everything..

When it was really CHRIST the acceptance and understanding of all things.
Christ is the Son of God... God is entangible and so is his son... therefore that lumps them in the category of THOUGHT, or in the bible called SPIRIT
So GOD is the entirety of HUMAN Thought collapsed onto ONE TANGIBLE Surface, (materialism)...
and his SON ... is Christ/LOVE... which is a certain FORM of THOUGHT... which is the acceptance and understanding of all things.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
My opinion? There are plenty of messed up things in his lyrics without the need to play it backwards. Just read the lyrics to his songs. Lots of cool stuff in there about killing people, doing drugs, running from the Po-lice, and slapping them women around cause they're nothing but "ho's". It's the usual thug life stuff.

This little sermon is as useful as a discussion on if the safety should be on when you hand your child a loaded gun. Why don't they point out the obvious? His lyrics are twisted already. All this backwards masking stuff is just a distraction from the actual issue of his lyrics and it's message.

Freaky coincidence but it's just propaganda.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
PuRe EnErGy

I don't worship Jesus, nor am I christian. I simply love. You should know that i agree with you on this, because i've said it before.

As far as me finding out for myself, I first need to know what song it is, then I can do it. That's why I was hoping that maybe someone would know what song this is, because I've seen priests/pastors/preachers or whatever you would call them do some pretty twisted things before. Like brainwash people into thinking that I'm evil simply because I'm not a christian and don't go to church. That doesn't mean that I don't listen to the words of the wise. I try to love everybody and everything, and it's getting easier and easier with every passing day. I've had people try and argue with me that I'm christian because of how i think and what i say. I'm not a christian because i don't worship jesus or a cross, but I do try to follow the examples set forth by many different people throughout history.

Sorry about that ranting, but yeah, if anybody can figure out this song, please tell me. Meanwhile i'll look for it myself and try to find it then reverse it, and put it on here somehow.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
My opinion? There are plenty of messed up things in his lyrics without the need to play it backwards. Just read the lyrics to his songs. Lots of cool stuff in there about killing people, doing drugs, running from the Po-lice, and slapping them women around cause they're nothing but "ho's". It's the usual thug life stuff.

This little sermon is as useful as a discussion on if the safety should be on when you hand your child a loaded gun. Why don't they point out the obvious? His lyrics are twisted already. All this backwards masking stuff is just a distraction from the actual issue of his lyrics and it's message.

Which is exactly why I stopped listening to rap when i saw that you couldn't find any songs that weren't about that. Now I listen to System Of A Down mostly, with some Rage Against The Machine, Rammstein, and Prodigy as well.

I realize that there are some twisted lyrics in rap, but I am just curious about this one.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
PuRe EnErGy

I don't worship Jesus, nor am I christian. I simply love. You should know that i agree with you on this, because i've said it before.

As far as me finding out for myself, I first need to know what song it is, then I can do it. That's why I was hoping that maybe someone would know what song this is, because I've seen priests/pastors/preachers or whatever you would call them do some pretty twisted things before. Like brainwash people into thinking that I'm evil simply because I'm not a christian and don't go to church. That doesn't mean that I don't listen to the words of the wise. I try to love everybody and everything, and it's getting easier and easier with every passing day. I've had people try and argue with me that I'm christian because of how i think and what i say. I'm not a christian because i don't worship jesus or a cross, but I do try to follow the examples set forth by many different people throughout history.

Sorry about that ranting, but yeah, if anybody can figure out this song, please tell me. Meanwhile i'll look for it myself and try to find it then reverse it, and put it on here somehow.

I tried to find out, but I can't get it to load because my inferior dialup internet keeps booting me off randomly every 5 or so minutes.. which is hardly enough time to load it from ebaums(sp?)...
and I Know, I was just posting that about jesus the man because people still think some aliens or hippy dude is gonna come save them .. and they can sit and eat potato chips..

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
LOL

I was just trying to work out the tune it was from, and It's in my own collection of Music, I'm pretty sure it's Renegade, So I checked out the lyrics and this is a snippet of the end:

See I'm a poet to some, a regular modern day Shakespeare
Jesus Christ the King of these Latter Day Saints here
To shatter the picture in which of that as they paint me
as a monger of hate and Satan a scatter-brained atheist
But that ain't the case, see it's a matter of taste
We as a people decide if Shady's as bad as they say he is
Or is he the latter - a gateway to escape?
Media scapegoat, who they can be mad at today
See it's easy as cake, simple as whistlin Dixie
while I'm wavin the pistol at sixty Christians against me
Go to war with the Mormons, take a bath with the Catholics
in holy water - no wonder they try to hold me under longer
I'm a motherf****n spiteful, DELIGHTFUL eyeful
The new Ice Cube - motherf*****s HATE to like you
What did I do? (huh?) I'm just a kid from the gutter
makin this butter off these bloodsuckers, cause I'm a muh'f****n

Nothing blasphomuse there though really, I'm a big fan of Em, and I've never known him to be in his lyrics, yeah he swears alot but whats swearing lol.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7

Which is exactly why I stopped listening to rap when i saw that you couldn't find any songs that weren't about that. Now I listen to System Of A Down mostly, with some Rage Against The Machine, Rammstein, and Prodigy as well.

I realize that there are some twisted lyrics in rap, but I am just curious about this one.

Try Aesop Rock, Heiroglyphics, Binary Star, Jedi Mind Tricks is particularly dark, but their message is consistant and strong.
Aesop Rock is very 'different' but very intelligent..
also look for some Noah23 ... Benefit, ... or Killah Priest (as bad as that sounds) ..
They are what I call real musicians that actually use their brains... and are very talented.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I believe the song that is being played in reverse is " Dead Presidents" from his album "Reasonable Doubt"

It is from 1997 and is very difficult to find and downlaod so i can run through
the apropriate software.

This would appear to be the only song with a piano melody from Jay-Z

You can hear this at start of your video

If you can manage to download this maybe form itunes ( which i dont have)
and run it through a reverse speech software or slow the track down -dont know which method was used in your link-

Then we can discover fact form fiction.

Its all yours pancho.

sparky

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparkyloveandlight
I believe the song that is being played in reverse is " Dead Presidents" from his album "Reasonable Doubt"

It is from 1997 and is very difficult to find and downlaod so i can run through
the apropriate software.

This would appear to be the only song with a piano melody from Jay-Z

You can hear this at start of your video

If you can manage to download this maybe form itunes ( which i dont have)
and run it through a reverse speech software or slow the track down -dont know which method was used in your link-

Then we can discover fact form fiction.

Its all yours pancho.

sparky

No it's not that one chap it sound nothing like it, It's Renegade I'm sure of that!

Listen to the Intro

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It pisses me off to no end when ignorant people say that they stopped listening to rap music because they couldn't find an artist that didn't talk about murder or drugs or whatever. I could name a lot off the top of my head.
It seems that every mainstream rap artist talks about drugs and murder, but most underground or local artists don't.
Pure Energy, you must not have been looking very hard at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well, most people only hear what's on Billboard magazine's top 40 and if you look at the rap section, it's mostly "thug life" rap. It would be nice if there were a way to promote better music from this genre, but I don't know of any.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry, i just remembered that there is one rapper i do like, Immortal Technique. But I have only listened to a few songs so I can't really say that i like that artist, just those songs.

I'll see if I can't get both of those songs from somewhere. If I can get them I have a program where I can flip the whole song around and slow the tempo etc.

Also, PuRe EnErGy, I will check those out. Thanks for telling me about them, I can always use some new music.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I checked both "Renegade" and "Dead Presidents", even though they didn't sound the same as the one from the pastor I checked them. There's nothing at all in those two songs, in fact there's a couple of times where it sounds almost like German, then Greek, and then Russian. So unless he's putting messages in those languages (which of course he's not) then it's not those two songs.

I will keep looking for it though.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
It pisses me off to no end when ignorant people say that they stopped listening to rap music because they couldn't find an artist that didn't talk about murder or drugs or whatever. I could name a lot off the top of my head.
It seems that every mainstream rap artist talks about drugs and murder, but most underground or local artists don't.
Pure Energy, you must not have been looking very hard at all.

no no .. I was just listing some that people could easily find in HMV (or whatever music store you have) ..
Everything represents for something or someone, so its all relevant.
Once again, if people are looking for excellent hiphop artists check out Original HipHop Lyrics Archieve
I mentioned Aesop Rock and Noah23 because they have very interesting lyrics for those who like to pick things apart and analyze them.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Well, most people only hear what's on Billboard magazine's top 40 and if you look at the rap section, it's mostly "thug life" rap. It would be nice if there were a way to promote better music from this genre, but I don't know of any.

The church is deadly against rap/hip-hop in most forms... especially when it depicts the reality that some people actually experience, because they can't accept anything except for 'love' or .. rather their version of it...
so of course they will put a 'OMG They SAID KILL JESUS' spin on it.. without explaining perhaps a good reason for saying it.
Jay-Z was a good friend of Biggies and Biggie was a good friend of Tupac... Tupac was a very influential and opinionated speaker/leader.
and I'm upset with that understanding of THUG LIFE....
If you didn't listen to Tupac which is where the term came from, and the same term they(thugs) all believe it to be now than there IS no point in listening to the music for exactly what it is.
THUG LIFE stands for
The
Hate
U
Gave

Little
infants
Frakks (Sure you get the point)
Everyone

and it will be the letter of the law until the day it stops...
Tupac really made other 'rappers' think about GOD in a realistic and practical manner.... u can see his influence in many that he worked with.
Even people he beefed with have no choice but to respect him now because he saw something exactly and predicted it step by step, even though some of his closest friends didn't believe him.
Theres a reason for all the bling bling, and murder, pussy rap.... you have to give an addict everything they want until they say, "no more!"... until they finally say themselves, "I have had enough, next!" How quickly have kids gotten sick of the "image?" People have to get things out of their system...
Tupac made people aware of things no one was aware of... as funny as it may sound, he brang it to everyones attention so we HAD to deal with it.... we had no choice at that point... with lines like "You got money for war but you can't feed the poor" and "Got a War on drugs so the po-lice can bother me"... since drugs are the only way to change your thinking .. (in their minds) .. its either the earths drugs or mans drugs... the war on drugs.
The only pharmacy man needs is in his brain, the hypothallamus(sp?)..
that even means food isn't necessary if the brain can produce the peptides the cells need...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join