It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Pet Peeves

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
For those of you who don't know what a "Pet Peeve" is. It is something that irritates you. It is something you complain a lot about a certain something that someone does to you, or in front of you.

My pet peeve is when people talk with food in their mouth, or just plainly chew with their mouth open and make loud chomping noises.

I also can't stand it when people butt into your conversation, and tell you whats what, in that sarcastic tone of voice!

Crisis

[edit on 7-11-2006 by 1Crisis]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
mine is cockroaches
they've been bugging me too much!!!!
they all must die

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Is this about ATS pet peeves or pet peeves in general? My pet peeve is people that butt in front of you in a line up and then have their friends join them later.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Is this about ATS pet peeves or pet peeves in general?

It's about just pet peeves in general, but if your pet peeve has something to do with ATS then state it.

Crisis

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The word 'lol'. It's so overused! lol this, lol that.

SHUT UP WITH THE DAMN LOL!

Well, I'm glad I got that off my chest!

Another is snooty shop assistants, thinking there so much better than everyone. Like when you ask where something is and they look like you just defecated on their shoe.

It justs make me wanna...................

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
My pet peeve is the length of time it takes to properly 'season' and 'break in' a cast iron skillet.

The best cast iron skillets have been around for years.

You'd think someone would provide a cast iron skillet seasoning service and make a fortune.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My pet peeves. Well let's see here, trust me, I got a 'few' of them.

People who deliberately pull out in front of you when you are going down the road. It makes me want to go
haywire on them. I mean it's like they own the road or something.

I got a pet peeve that has to do with some members of ATS, I will not mention any names however. That is you try to explain a point or your point of view to someone and they literally berate you over your own beliefs like you don't matter. Not only that, plus the ones who try to cram their beliefs down other peoples throats. I know most people don't agree with me on something, but I don't try to cram my beliefs down their throats.

Another pet peeve of mine is when you are trying to cross the street and people slow down so you can cross, then they speed up. What is the point of a person driving a car or truck if they won't let a person cross the freakin' street. It's called common courtesy, but most people these days seem to lack that principle.

That's it, my pet peeve rant is over.

[edit on 11/8/2006 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I hate it when you pull up to a four way stop at approximately the same time as the car directly across from you. You're going straight and the other car is turning left, and that driver thinks he/she gets to go first and turns in front of you.

I swear that 90% of drivers in the US never took driver's ed and have no clue about who has the right of way.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
My pet peeves:

- When someone complains about what someone else does when they do the exact same thing.

- When you walking in, lets say the mall, and your behind a couple people that are sloooow walkers. You try to walk around them and then they move toward the side you try to pass them on. Then you try to pass on the other side and they do the same thing. GET OUTTA THE WAY!

- When people don't watch where there walking. GET OUTTA THE WAY!

- When your in traffic thats moving really slowly. GET OUTTA THE WAY!

- When people sing along with the music.

- When the phone rings, you pick it up, and noones there.

-tts

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
My biggest pet peeves, in no particular order:

- telemarketing calls at home
- telemarketing calls at work
- junk email
- junk snail mail
- fliers placed on windshields
- greasy fingers after eating a slice of pizza

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My pet peeve?

Jesus

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
My pet peeve is assholes who think they have to go 30 miles over the speedlimit and cut through multiple lanes of traffic, or get mad at you because your only going 5 miles about 50, and are riding your ass waiting to pull around you.

So what I do Is I level my speed out to the guy in the next lane, exactly, and box the jerk behind me in. Now theres no way he's going faster and cutting past me.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
People who deliberately pull out in front of you when you are going down the road. It makes me want to go
haywire on them. I mean it's like they own the road or something.
[edit on 11/8/2006 by gimmefootball400]

i feel ya dude. this is a huge pet peeve of mine as well.

another one would have to be when you're trying to get over and as soon as you flip ur blinker on the
decides to speed up and close the gap. :
it pisses me off just thinkin about it. i swear sometimes i wish i could just get out of my car, run up on the
car who closed the gap, throw em out, jump in their car and back over their legs, wreck their car then set it on fire, then come back, lock em in the trunk of my car, and throw em in the woods.

here's another....ppl who just can't stop staring at you. i don't know what it is but it drives me insane when ppl just gawk at me and not say anything. it really makes me wanna spit in their
eyes thenbeat em half to death.

one of these days my temper is gonna get the best of me and imma go to jail for assualt or somthin....

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Biggest pet peeve ever............

PEOPLE WHO BITE THEIR FORKS!!!!!!!!!!
oh god I hate that more than anything!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

PEOPLE WHO BITE THEIR FORKS!!!!!!!!!!

What do you hate about it? The sound it makes when it scraps against their teeth? I also find that very annoying.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
-People who interupt you while you are talking. Especially irritating when they think they know what you are going to say and try to finish the thought for you.
-Postal Trucks that park anywhere they please, completely impeding the flow of rush hour traffic, just because they can (and are probably to lazy to park on a side street and have to walk a block or two).

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I detest people talking on mobile (cell) phones in confined spaces like public transport. Young females are the worst...they just crap on and on about nothing and they talk absolute drivel to their equally stupid girlfriends. They become all affected with their fake accents and try to act all cool and down with it. They need major brain surgery to remove the phones from their heads !!

They have a captive audience and play it up for all its worth by being really loud andnothing in their lives is sacred. I don't know these girls but I 'know' them if you get my drift...I have listened to heaps of the conversations that regularly that i feel I know them. it would be comical if it weren't so pathetic. When you have been at work and travel 2 hours to get home at night, it is the last thing you want to listen to.

I also hate people who play the "My ringtone is noisier/more annoying than yours" game and have the volume cranked up. Inconsiderate morons!!

Switchin to Kill Mode

resi :bash:

[edit on 8-11-2006 by resistancia]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The cable guy ticked me off more than anyone has in a long time. If he hadn't have left when he did I might have lit into him like a cat on a mouse. This happended a few years ago the guy came and wouldn't even slide the entertainment center over so he could drill a hole in the floor behind it so you don't see the coax cable, so I end up running by from work to move the entertainment center and then when I get there I meet this total yep and nope jerk. Thats all he had to say right down to his departure. I said thanks for coming man, to which he replied yep and never looked back. I would have to say people like him tick me off. Really you would have to have been there to capture the attitude this fellow had though. It makes me mad to think about it now. Yeah, cable guys with an attitude thats my pet peeve.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
People coming to my door, promoting their religious rubbish. Oh! It gets on my nerves so much I could hit someone.

Usually, I go along with them until they've finished, then say,

''Yeah, well that's interesting and all, but I don't care. No-one on this street cares! How many people have closed the door on you?'

They normally stand there all shocked, then I close the door on them!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
People who victimize themselves.

People who make everything about themselves. If I am telling a story, acknowledge what I have said. Don't immediately break into a story about what it has reminded you of.

I Don't Care or I Can't Do It. These words in any context drive me nuts. I can accept failure, but I can not accept quitters.

When people have some perceived notion that their opinion is more important than someone elses.

Assumptions.

The bagpipes.

Gilbert Godfried, Whoopi Gholdberg, Bob Saget, & Howie Mandel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join