It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Gauss Gun???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What is the Gauss Gun???
Who what when where how

Anybody have any info or pics

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Ho, forget about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I still prefer A Kalashnikov

members.optushome.com.au...

utenti.lycos.it...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why, you wanna buy one Omega1??

I instantly thought of this shoot-em up game I played when I was younger. I believe It was called 'Syndicate.' As a secret agent man you could choose all kinds of weapons. The Gause gun was one of em.

Almighty Google came up with this:

Gauss gun Pskov 1100. True coilgun pistol

Looks like just a big flashlight to me. But then again; looks can be deceiving...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Are these what you are thinking of?

Gauss gun Pskov 1100

PowerLabs Coil Gun

Pretty cool stuff.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Very interesting, updating the page seemed to be a little slow. Looks like 3 of us got the same gauss gun

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Google right click the quickest way to run a search

install highlight a word or phrase rightclick on it
hit search

www.jfitz.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the info everyone

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm personally fond to the FN/FAL, and the AR.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Watch the movie "Eraser"...they do a good job with it, hehe....

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So what? A Gauss gun/Coil gun is a gun that fires a bullet by using an electromagnetic field produced by running current through wires wrapped around something to propel the bullet forward and into the target?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So its the same thing as railgun? :O

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outtis
So its the same thing as railgun? :O

Was his namo. You ask...and the google master shall find it for you. I don't understand why people just don't...hrmmm......Google themselves...sounds kind of fun...harhar.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
nice(i guess) but...how does it work, what does it do? kinda what the other guy said.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:42 AM
link   
nope a gauss and rail are different a rail gun uses and em field and gauss rifle shoot a huge chunk of metal ball out using high powered powder didnt you guys play mechwarrior...

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
naw. Gauss and Rail guns are the same. And yes I do play Mech Warrior, Battletech etc. LOL

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Amateur Railgun info.
www.railgun.org...

These are the devices that are said to be mounted on sub-orbital platforms. It was supposedly a project named "Brilliant Pebbles". Star Wars defense at it's finest.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
My bro made a coil gun. It wasn't extremely powerful but it could shoot a nail 25 feet across a room and stick into a hard wooden board. Pretty cool actually.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
www.scitoys.com...

Also a site that tells you how to make a gauss gun, or gauss rifle, whatever. Seems that the Gauss rifle such as in Fallout works on same basis. Actually a good idea for a weapon.

Fun

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by Johnny]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
What is the Gauss Gun???
Who what when where how

Anybody have any info or pics

It's been stated before, but a gauss gun and a rail gun are essentially the same thing. Both use electromagnetic energy to propell an object into a ballistic trajectory. The theory has been around as long as we've made electromagnets.

The term Gauss comes from a german mathematician Johann Gauss who used math to determine the existence of celestial bodies by the deflection caused on other celestial bodies, hence proving gravitation pull of planets.

Rail guns get their name from the actual system of rails with electromagnets set in stages along the length of the rails.

As superior powerplants come online you'll see more of this technology as a way of boosting things into orbit or onto an unsuspecting neighbor, or to shoot things down.

Man portable versions are some time away. (the portable power source dicotomy)

hrxll

top topics

<<   2 >>

join