It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telescoping Steel?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I was watching that movie 9/11 revisited V2 and they had 2 people on one was MIT grad and the other was a Prof. both talked about the core not collapasing from any amount of heat.

Here is and experiment take a 100' peace of steel of the same size and structure as one of those core beams and heat it at 80'(it is braced lower down) heat at that spot until the steel fails. Do you know what will happen, the steel will BEND over, it won't just fall off, and it won't cause the steel below it to break into pieces either. This is so simple and yet people can't get it.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yes, the destruction of the core stucture and its components so devestatingly at the iniation of the collapse is beyond me.

I never understood how there would be enough heat to allow that to happen and to those who think the trusses "dragged" the core down. Laughable at least but very untrue. The trusses didn't have enough force to "drag" it down, especially since the building, for the most part, was still in good shape.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yeah, anyone that thinks that the connections from the trusses to the core would have lasted longer than the core columns themselves is a bit off. Those connections were supposed to be what allowed the floors of trusses to just fall one onto the next and snap all the trusses right off instantly (and completely symmetrically too, I guess), at least in pancake theory. NIST never even tried to analyze how the global collapse took place.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join