It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President's Connection to ENRON, This is BAD!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
These are the FACTS about the Enron Scandle and it how it got to the Whitehouse, as a NON Republican Conservative I am ashamed of the President's involvement.

a.. Enron's chairman did meet with the president
and the vice president
in the Oval Office.

b.. Enron gave $420,000 to the president's party
over three years.

c.. It donated $100,000 to the president's
inauguration festivities.

d.. The Enron chairman stayed at the White House
11 times.

e.. The corporation had access to the
administration at its highest
levels and even enlisted the Commerce and State
Departments to grease deals for it.

f.. The taxpayer-supported Export-Import Bank
subsidized Enron for more
than $600 million in just one transaction.
Scandalous!! [This one BURNS ME UP]

g.. BUT...the president under whom all this
happened WASN'T George W. Bush.

h.It was Bill Clinton!

It's ALL in the Congressional Record, The Whitehouse Guest Book, The Import-Export Bank records and various other sources.

I get so sick of hearing what a "Business Hound" Shrub is. In comparison, REAL comparison there is little if any difference between the two parties. If there is any REAL difference it's that the Republicans have had businesses and know how to make money while most of the Democrats are attornies or have inherited their wealth.

9 out of 10 times a Democrat gets caught doing the unethical thing, the Republican is too smart to get caught...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It doesn't matter who the president is.. they are all corrupt

The only "real" president to show any signs of hope and good faith to serve the people was JFK and you all know how that turned out

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
LOL......As I read that I was thinking" I could of sworn Clinton did all this". Thought you were refering to Bush.

Well....he wasn't called "slick willy" for nothing. Bush gets the blame for Enron, but Enron was in the Whitehouse long before Bush. In fact it was probably an Enron excutive that greeted Bush at the Whitehouse door.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Martha Stewart may go to jail, but Ken Lay will go un-punished.He stole millions,yet because he's Bush's buddy,this will all just go away. Bush's friends get away w/ murder. Nothing to see here, lets move on......

by the way, Clinton didn't use Enropn's jet to do his campaigning. Clinton & Lay aren't the business partner's Bush & Lay are. I'm not surprised their are ties w/ ENron & Clinton, but let me ask you this. If thereb was something corrupt happening w/CLinton & Enron, why didn't they use it against Clinton? Why now post something like this? Does it take away from Bush's involvement? I mean, all this time & Money to investigate Clinton, you mean they didn't stumble on any of this during Clinton's term? WHy wasn't this "crime" exploited by Mr.Starr? Could it be because there was NOTHING there? Why didn't any of this come out while Clinton was in office? Hmmm? Yeah, thats what I thought!

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by romantico]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
These are the FACTS about the Enron Scandle and it how it got to the Whitehouse, as a NON Republican Conservative I am ashamed of the President's involvement.

a.. Enron's chairman did meet with the president
and the vice president
in the Oval Office.

b.. Enron gave $420,000 to the president's party
over three years.

c.. It donated $100,000 to the president's
inauguration festivities.

d.. The Enron chairman stayed at the White House
11 times.

e.. The corporation had access to the
administration at its highest
levels and even enlisted the Commerce and State
Departments to grease deals for it.

f.. The taxpayer-supported Export-Import Bank
subsidized Enron for more
than $600 million in just one transaction.
Scandalous!! [This one BURNS ME UP]

g.. BUT...the president under whom all this
happened WASN'T George W. Bush.

h.It was Bill Clinton!

It's ALL in the Congressional Record, The Whitehouse Guest Book, The Import-Export Bank records and various other sources.

I get so sick of hearing what a "Business Hound" Shrub is. In comparison, REAL comparison there is little if any difference between the two parties. If there is any REAL difference it's that the Republicans have had businesses and know how to make money while most of the Democrats are attornies or have inherited their wealth.

9 out of 10 times a Democrat gets caught doing the unethical thing, the Republican is too smart to get caught...

PEACE...
m...

www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Took this from your snopes link.....

"The
debacle that is Enron will take years to unravel, and the end result will be that no one person or group or political party will be held to "blame" for the whole affair. Enron has been spreading around so much money and influence through its lobbying efforts for so many years -- among both Republicans and Democrats, in federal as well as in state governments -- that neither party can take the moral high ground here."

This most likely the truth. Enron whored themselves to everyone they could in politics. And politicians are to greedy to turn the money down.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I KNOW Enron was throwing money EVERYWHERE... My point to this is that I have read ON THIS WEB SITE many times how it is the "Corrupt Bush Administration" that is to bame for Enron, when that is absolutely FALSE.

Slick Willy was the BIGGEST single contributor of power to the Enron lie. Enron had the president in their pocket at the time they were pulling their scams. You don't get much more power than that in America.

P...
m...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
A BIG TIME Republicans supporter also gave money to Gore's 2000 election as do alot of corporations who endorse Republicans.FYI!

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The big link between Clinton and Enron is Robert Rubin who orchestrated the "prepay" from Citycorp (from whom he now pulls down 40 mil a year for "consulting") to Enron who took the "prepay" for services it never planned to fullfill which made the transaction a loan in actuallity but with Clinton's repeal of the Glass-Steagal Act, this could effectively be hidden letting Enron report it as earnings instead of a liability. Rubin was hired then by Citycorp to influence the new administration into letting this go on because both were reporting the transaction falsly. During this decline, Enron bosses were selling their stock and embezzling the funds until they had depleted it's worht and then flew to let the stock holders take the loss. Thats where Bush comes in as he fooled around long enough to let these criminals get out of the country..all but Rubin who, as I mentioned before, is setting pretty with Citycorp.

As far as Clinton goes, I suppose he could argue that he didn't know about it but like I've said before it's either that he was in on it and corrupt or that he was oblivious to it whihc isn't that much better but at least its not a crime. take your pick.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
As far as contributions go, you can bet these big companies butter both sides of their bread for good measure so thats not really a suprise nor do I think its the obligation of either party to question every contribution. hell, Hillary took contributions from a drug trafficker but she returned the money when it was discovered. They can't know where all of it comes from. I guess this brings us around to campaign finance reform to which I have the solution but thats another thread. Its simple... no limits but full disclosure. It would regulate itself.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
They're all in this together children.

But go ahead and keep paying those taxes....

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
this IS bad... craziness, i tell you.

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by effigyrelease]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Springer,

good work man,

but that is kid's stuff,

look up Mena Arkansas on the internet along with Billy Boy Clinton and then post what comes up,

that ougta make a good thread.

new topics

top topics

join