It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones - Trustworthy? Think Again

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Jones is a hack. For all his rallying he's just a colossal sell out.

Jones could say something like; "You love pizza because the government WANTS you too. They are dictating out lives and stripping our right to hate pizza away! That's why nearly everyone loves pizza! Only the smart people know of this!"

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

Prove that he does not believe what he says? Who cares if HE believes it. That point is that most of it is lies or inaccurate at best and his listeners believe it without ever fact checking. Maybe he is not lying, maybe he just does a really bad job at research and confirming facts in which case he is even worse for having a show people listen to and put faith in.

If you think that the host of a show has nothing to do with the advertisers that air during said show, you really need to go work in the advertising business, or even work at a radio station like his. There is a very good reason they dont play those same commercials during Dr. Stan.

Either he is a liar or too lazy and stupid to do research, thanks for giving me only those two choices.

I am amazed that the people that stick up for him all admit they have to shut him off after a while. Perhaps if you left him on like I do, you would know how often he is truly wrong.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have listened to Alex Jones for some time now and i cant really make up my mind about him, sometimes i feel like he's the only one telling the truth and sometimes i feel like his trying to brainwash me!
I don't know if he's trustworthy i think im just going to lissen to him and try to filter out things that just sound plain stupid.

I really have a hard time getting my head around Alex.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deep-Throat
I have listened to Alex Jones for some time now and i cant really make up my mind about him, sometimes i feel like he's the only one telling the truth and sometimes i feel like his trying to brainwash me!
I don't know if he's trustworthy i think im just going to lissen to him and try to filter out things that just sound plain stupid.

I really have a hard time getting my head around Alex.

I have some helpful hints for you.

a- first of all, listen to his show and everytime he says something is "admitted, declassified" or the dreaded "this is mainstream folks!" write down what it was that he was speaking of. Now, when you get done, go find all of those admissions and declassified documents. You will soon see that Alex bases his reality in the truth but it does not stay there and often wanders off for miles.

b- also try reading this thread again. See how manyo of his supporters have said that they know he lies or "gets carried away." See how many of them have justified listening to him because the rest of MSM lies too. Seriously, they say, i know he lies but Fox lies too so I trust him. WHAT?

It will not take long for youto realise that he makes most stuff up as he goes along or that his supporters cannot even claim that he is an honest man, just that they prefer his lies to others.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741
Prove that he does not believe what he says? Who cares if HE believes it.

Since lying presumes a intent to deceive i believe that you are wrong about Alex. Unless you can show that he sets out to deceive i suggest you stick to calling him ignorant and or stupid.

That point is that most of it is lies or inaccurate at best and his listeners believe it without ever fact checking.

Alex does not have such a large audience and frankly i don't see why they would have left the main stream media if they believed everything they heard. You should at least make consistent arguments if your going to be making any with me. As for inaccuracies he provides more sources than most anyone else so frankly i am not concerned as long as i can see what his working from.

Maybe he is not lying, maybe he just does a really bad job at research and confirming facts in which case he is even worse for having a show people listen to and put faith in.

This happens to be best of us on occasion but since Alex largely gets to conclusions i share i can say that i think his reasoning is solid if sometimes based on details and presumptions i don't share.

If you think that the host of a show has nothing to do with the advertisers that air during said show, you really need to go work in the advertising business, or even work at a radio station like his.

That is not accurate as Alex is but one of a few who broadcasts on their. I am sorry if you think Alex Is a mover and shaker as frankly broadcasting from your house have not convinced me that his all that much of a organizer.

www.gcnlive.com...

I got the broadcaster wrong, sorry about that. Either way you can see that Alex is not exactly what GNN is all about.

There is a very good reason they dont play those same commercials during Dr. Stan.

Obviously and i am sure they make those adds for Rense and Jones ( and a few others) hoping that people are fearful enough to buy products. Since some of the products actually seem useful ( i can't speak to the price) i can but say that i think the adds suck in terms of production quality. Either way just like journalist right on the back of adds so reporters report between intermissions for advertising. This is sadly the way of the 'privitized' media and if you don't like it i suggest you encourage your government to create a station where you will pay all the production fee's and salaries thus doing away with the need for adds.

Either he is a liar or too lazy and stupid to do research, thanks for giving me only those two choices.

Well since i don't think his wrong ( if sometimes a bit overzealous) i can but disagree with you some more.

I am amazed that the people that stick up for him all admit they have to shut him off after a while.

Honesty has that affect on people on the vain and arrogant. I am sticking up for what i believe to be right while admitting to the character flaws i believe him to have. I can work past time while appreciating the information he provides i can then use to continue on my own. Not everyone can do this as they can simply not deal with sources they do not believe to be 100% accurate thus necessitating thinking on their own part.

Perhaps if you left him on like I do, you would know how often he is truly wrong.

Well i just give him a moment or two to cool down.
You get used to it and this rarely happens in the great interviews he holds with prominent/interesting people.

Either way your main problem is probably that you are just very badly misinformed thus believing that Alex must be crazy to say the things he is when reality is crazy and Alex merely a reporter of how bad it has gotten. I'm sorry you have to hear this from me and Alex.

Stellar

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX

Prove that he does not believe what he says? Who cares if HE believes it.

Since lying presumes a intent to deceive i believe that you are wrong about Alex. Unless you can show that he sets out to deceive i suggest you stick to calling him ignorant and or stupid.

OK, that might be fair. Unless it goes something like this. Alex gets a piece of hearsay that is fantastic. Even he may doubt it a bit because it is so outragous. Is it any more outragous than his usual fair? No. Will it boos ratings and ad revenue? YES!!!! So he decides he will report it as fact and claim that it is either admitted or declassified. Now he knows that he should check that out before he reports it but if it turns out to not be true, then what fun is saying it. So he chooses ignorance because the sensationalism sells.

A man who turns down confirming the facts for money is not an honest man. Sorry, that sure is not a Christian either but that is the least of the things that make him a bad Christian.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

This happens to be best of us on occasion but since Alex largely gets to conclusions i share i can say that i think his reasoning is solid if sometimes based on details and presumptions i don't share.

This sums you up completely right here. You say he provides more sources than anyone else? When? I listen. I hear admitted and declassified 30 times an hour but not where to find them. In fact I believe there is a whole thread based around the fact that he offers no REAL sources. Perhaps you should have been there since none of his fans ever offered up ANY of these bountiful sources.

You will have to prove all these sources he provides to me since no one else, including Alex can.

I do not know what you think othe people on a station or broadcasting from your house have to do with advertising? Do you work in radio or advertising? No, obviously not. If you think Alex has no relationship with the advertisers on the network you are saddly ill informed. Especially THAT station. As for his house that he broadcasts from...seen it lately? How about you post a picture of this hobble ramshack of studio/slash house.

As you stated, he comes to conclusions THAT YOU SHARE. That is why you believe him, because he backs up your ill conceived ideas. Agreeing with you does not make him any more honest than agreeing with me does.

You might not agree on the details (facts) but it is ok as long as you both conclude the same thing -from two seperate sets of "facts" that may not be facts on either side at all.

I get it, he backs you up so you support him. Look at the people on this board sticking up for him saying that he is a good honest man. And then you say that people would not listen if they were not capable of thinking for themselves. OK buddy. So far the rest of his fans tear that little tidbit up and toss it out the window for you, before you even tried to sell it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Perhaps if you left him on like I do, you would know how often he is truly wrong.

Well i just give him a moment or two to cool down.
You get used to it and this rarely happens in the great interviews he holds with prominent/interesting people.

Either way your main problem is probably that you are just very badly misinformed thus believing that Alex must be crazy to say the things he is when reality is crazy and Alex merely a reporter of how bad it has gotten. I'm sorry you have to hear this from me and Alex.

Stellar

Um, can you hear you when you talk? I say that if you did not turn him off, you would see his lies. Your response is that you need to let him cool down? What???? Seriously. Leave the show on. Listen to all 4 hours straight through, then you might see.

As far as me being misinformed and believing Alex is crazy?

First of all, Alex is the one that even you admit gets his facts wrong sometimes.

Secondly, I never said he was crazy. I listen to Alex because about %50 of what he is saying is quite intersting and not that crazy because I know reality is way more messed up than I would like.

My problem is that the man repeatedly says that stuff is admitted and declassified. Can you show me these admissions or declassified documents?

Or can you admit the man lies.

If they do not exsist, he never saw them. To proclaim to know that they exsist is a lie.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Damn straight. Alex Jones is a misguided conspiracy theorist. Some people claim he is backed by fact. True, but that doesn't mean it's right. Conspiracy theorists live for facts, specifically those that support what they want to be true, and categorically ignoring all those other annoying facts which do not support, or even contradict, their claims. They use reverse logic: starting with a predetermined conclusion and then working backwards to find "facts" which apparently support their claims and ignore or belittle any that don't. Using this perverted logic they lead us to believe that anything THEY don't tell us is a conspiracy. Convenient. Look if I wanted to I could find a bunch of generic facts and quotes, doesn't matter if they are connected or not, and string them together using coincidence, vague references, and similarities (similar does not mean same) and weave a rich tapestry "proving" basically whatever I want. Conspiracies are not science and should not be taken as such. In that line, neither should charlatans spinning their conspiratorial webs be taken seriously either. Oh, and the predictions he made? Generic predictions; any roadside charlatan can make a prediction and be right once in a while. Alex Jones's record on predictions is shoddy at best. One or two correct predictions out of dozens made certainly would not qualify you as even a moderately good charlatan. If Alex Jones worked as a fortune teller he would have been put out on his ass in record time.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by doctorfungi

Yea man, well what? Are you trying to say he's wrong for being scarred?
I scare easy when our own GOVT PUTS POISON IN THE FOOD WATER AND MEDIA

Lets see? I bought storable food since I started listening and I smile more knowing my family will be fed. Better than filling my house with more plastic.
I have researched the products they advertise and It's not Coke, Ford, Or bestbuy.

Seems like he's a Bad guy for saying his feelings and endorsing advertisers that sell food, water purification, and gizmos that solar back up, or andvance your gas mileage.

Your right I don't trust him! He says how he feels, and thats BAD! SILENCE is good... advance the nwo

Your opinion was weighed, and and prossesed. It was invalid. Thank you for it none the less.
Thanks for trying to enlighten, how about next time spread truth to your co-workers and family, dont spread personal attacks in an open forum like this.
Your off target, but you still have rounds. Attack the nwo

If I belived

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
According to Alex Jones the United States should currently be under Marshall Law after being nuked by its own government. He said this will happen before the end of October.

He also mentioned that this was his second ever prediction and his first and only one was 100% correct. I beg to differ.

Alex predicted millennial havoc, but none occurred.

"This is only the beginning. In the next few years, in this second phase--the period of escalating violence. They're gonna allow limited nuclear exchanges." "There's going to be more. This is only the kickoff." (9/13/01)

"Within 2 years I'm predicting...that you're going to see a suitcase nuke in this country. You're probably going to see a release in a few years of something communicable. & I am predicting that you will see a lot of conventional bombings...in the next year or so." (10/18/01)

"I'm telling you now...there's a very good chance there gonna blow something up overseas or here." "The evidence is all tilting toward...blowing up a building. They're really setting us up for a smallpox attack." Chemical attacks are "almost a guarantee in the next six months or so." (9/26/02)

"They're preparing for new terrorist attacks that are much larger. & they're planning to bring in foreign armies....The U.S. government is going to engage in large terrorist attacks domestically & probably internationally...They may kill millions of Americans." There was going to be a nuclear release in Iraq, an international depression, formation of a world government, probably a nuclear release in Iraq, an international depression, a world government formed. Also, "They may kill millions of Americans." (7/11/02)

They're going to blow more stuff up.
(4/13/04)

"I predict Arnold is gonna save children at a school shooting, or there'll be some type of bombing, & he will land by helicopter & run in & direct things. I predict it....I see it all aligning. I see it all coming together. I see their plan, clear as day....He'll fly in & things will be burninig & he'll run into it & save someone." [circa March of 2005. Kinda proves Alex is living a fantasy, doesn't it?]

Alex also said (several times) they were going to roll out Osama bin Laden "on ice" before the 2004 election.

Alex said they were going to blow up Washington DC before the election.

Alex said Saddam Hussein had been taken to Cuba.

And in under 48 hours the month of October 2006 will be a matter of the past. So where is this massive nuclear attack he predicted? No where. Why? Because this guy is trying to make money by selling you garbage.

It's simple business. Say something that will raise alarms in peoples heads, get your name out and sell some product. The guy has a collection of Books, DVD's, T-Shirts and other apparel and all he's doing is playing on the fears of people to earn money.

So I ask you this. Will you believe the next prediction Alex Jones makes? It would seem to me that if anyone here is a 'sheep'. It's you guys for blindly following this poor excuse for a human being.

if he cant sell anything he will not be able to broadcast..its simple..he constantly says however that we can copy the dvds and give them out people..put them on youtube...join up to his show and use the password four or five times so your friends can listen for free etc...

i honestly think hes terrified at whats coming and sometimes he gets things wrong...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Alex Jones is not perfect – he is an ordinary man passionately fighting for what he believes in, and a reporter and sometimes does the “TV sensationalisation bit” to try and get through to people - to get people to start and look and question for themselves.

From what I have seen, he tries very hard (against high odds) to get facts and truth out to people, and sometimes he will be wrong, and sometimes he will be fed “bad & false leads”

I also believe he often presents “possible & probable” things more strongly than the reality – but they are still possible and probable – and people need to take note of the possibility and probabilities - it could happen as he suggests, it may not – bringing it out in the open could help prevent something too.

The “official” news channels give us a very distorted view of what is going on, Alex (and others) provide alternative news sources and views that we should wake up to and think for ourselves and weigh up what is true, could be true and what is not true ...

When I listen to AJ stuff, I am not expecting immediate hard facts and answers to everything , rather alternative interpretations of all that is going on and I will weigh up in my mind what i want to take as fact and true... most of the time I find myself thinking in probabilities of being true rather than absolutes.

We need more like Alex Jones characters – we want independent investigative journalism that is not bound and subject to the powers currently in control; and give us as much data and different views and interpretations as they can... It was alex Jones that took “Bohemian Grove” and took it out of “stories that non-one in their right mind would believe” into shocking hard fact - we need more like that - lets have the truth out for all to see...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Um, can you hear you when you talk?

Yup...

I say that if you did not turn him off, you would see his lies. Your response is that you need to let him cool down?

For a minute or two, yes? Why did you think i meant i don't listen to the rest of the show?

What???? Seriously. Leave the show on. Listen to all 4 hours straight through, then you might see.

That's what i do beside for the occasional minute or two where he insults people that may or may not deserve it. Since i just don't like listening to that i switch it off. As i have said these instances are becoming more rare as he becomes older and wiser.

As far as me being misinformed and believing Alex is crazy?
First of all, Alex is the one that even you admit gets his facts wrong sometimes.

But how does honesty disqualify him? Does the fact that the main stream media occasional correct their mistakes at the bottom of page twenty provide us with a more or less trustworthy mechanism to become informed?

Secondly, I never said he was crazy. I listen to Alex because about %50 of what he is saying is quite intersting and not that crazy because I know reality is way more messed up than I would like.

So 'you know' things despite the fact that you don't know yet you are accusing Alex Jones of 'lies' and misrepresentations? Why do you believe that the world is such a bad place without evidence?

My problem is that the man repeatedly says that stuff is admitted and declassified. Can you show me these admissions or declassified documents?

Yes and sometimes it's not as obvious to me as it seems to be to him. Either way there is some interpretations i would disagree with but too many issues where the cited documents speaks for themselves.

Or can you admit the man lies.

If they do not exsist, he never saw them. To proclaim to know that they exsist is a lie.

Well a example of these clear cut 'lies' would be good as i find that a absence of solid evidence is only taken as a lie when it's contrary to popular mythology. Alex loves citing exact documents and i find it interesting that your inability to sometimes find them ( dissapearing links, what? ) leads you to believe that they do not exist at all. A 'lie' implies that you can prove that the document does not exist and never existed to be cited which puts the burden of proof squarely on you, not him.

Stellar

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I don't listen to anything this man says. He's making a living out of BS.

I trust my instincts, I learn from experience and I trust the facts.

All of these things combine to create what any intelligent person can ascertain.

I don't need some guy ranting about how the CIA are dangerous and a terrorist organisation. I know it from the evidence, and the intelligence that "old boys clubs" are created in any organisation, that money is all powerful and that these people in those positions have a vested interest in their own personal monetary gain.

It doesn't take leaked info and secret connections to insiders to know that politicians make decisions and corrupt choices to benefit their families and professional allies.

I don't need a madman ranting about alien invasion to know that there is an intelligent race visiting this planet. There is EVIDENCE of this throughout history.

As for the whole NWO rubbish, I've still seen no one explain why a group of all powerful people spend money, effort and resources over centuries to create something that they will never see.
I do see the inevitable and increasing progression of nation to corporation, which is dangerous and similar. But this is not a conspiracy, it is the evolution of globalization and capitalism without restraint.

Listening to everything he says is clearly no better than listening to everything the mass media says. Educate yourself, seek proof and evidence, and then make your own decisions based on what you find.

People are too eager to simply accept what they are told, it requires less work and less thought. It's quite sad, and it results in unmeasured response and irrational conclusions.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I do see the inevitable and increasing progression of nation to corporation, which is dangerous and similar. But this is not a conspiracy, it is the evolution of globalization and capitalism without restraint.

Could it be that individual members of the ruling class have been working towards this goal?

This is hardly inevitable. We don't have a capitalist system, it's a socio-capitalist system. Profits are privatized and debt is socialized.

It was a conspiracy when elite New York bankers met at Jekyll Island to lay out plans for the Federal Reserve.

It was a conspiracy when members of the Oil Cartel met at Achnacarry Castle to fix the price of oil.

It was a conspiracy when members of the Bilderberg Group met and designed an European Union with a single currency.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

Could it be that individual members of the ruling class have been working towards this goal?

This is hardly inevitable. We don't have a capitalist system, it's a socio-capitalist system. Profits are privatized and debt is socialized.

It was a conspiracy when elite New York bankers met at Jekyll Island to lay out plans for the Federal Reserve.

It was a conspiracy when members of the Oil Cartel met at Achnacarry Castle to fix the price of oil.

It was a conspiracy when members of the Bilderberg Group met and designed an European Union with a single currency.

And they all did this to benefit financially themselves, not because they wanted to see the population controlled and imprisoned when they were long ago dead and buried.
This is exactly what I mean. These guys did all of this to financially benefit as part of a group, their own corporate interests were served in these instances. It all would of course lead to where we are now, with globalized corporate gods controlling the masses.

You have to then consider how this relates to national government. How many leaders and powerful decision makers also have an interest in seeing banks being given billions of $? What investments do they have in military corporations that would see them personally benefit if we went into a global war?

All of this suggests that groups of powerful people are manipulating corporate entities to further their OWN wealth, not as some great and elaborate scenario in which, far off in the future, their descendants will be all powerful. People don't think that way, they think about their own wealth and power above that of future leaders.

This doesn't make it any less evil or any less morally corrupt. There is still a conspiracy to control the masses for the benefit of the few wealthy elite. It's just that this control is immediate, it is done for those in power to immediately improve their wealth. Ultimately, as this increases, it does naturally evolve and become global.

We have corporations in Iraq and Afghanistan, cooperative leaders in both, manipulating and using their resources and population to increase the hold of the corporations. These corporations are autonomous, solely intended to create wealth for the few. And they lack any humanity because they are not controlled or limited by the population; they are driven by efficiency and autonomy.

That's the real conspiracy, not the NWO BS where people long ago thought it might be nice if their descendants had unimaginable power over the masses.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

And they all did this to benefit financially themselves, not because they wanted to see the population controlled and imprisoned when they were long ago dead and buried.

Forgive me, I hadn't considered that this was the version of the NWO you were referring to. My bad, because it is indeed what Alex Jones is preaching. My definition of a NWO differs from his.

All of this suggests that groups of powerful people are manipulating corporate entities to further their OWN wealth, not as some great and elaborate scenario in which, far off in the future, their descendants will be all powerful. People don't think that way, they think about their own wealth and power above that of future leaders.

There are some elite families, for example the Rothschilds who do plan that far ahead. Mayer Rothschild left specific provisions in his will for the continuance of the family fortune. The Rothschilds are also a rare exception in that the wealth was not only maintained but has increased over the generations. (Most wealth don't make it past the 3rd generation)

Like you, I don't care much for most of what Jones has to say. One has only to listen to his interviews with Noam Chomsky, David de Rothschild and Peter Joseph (Zeitgeist) to see that the man is simply incapable of carrying on conversations with intellectuals. He has an apparent inferiority complex. All these interviews are available on Googlevid. The Chomsky one was especially deplorable.

EDITl: Here's the first part of the Chomsky interview. - The rest is available in the sidebar.

Yes Alex, of course there are more gun crimes in the UK than in the US... MORON!

[edit on 15/12/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think it's ludicrous to suggest the Alex Jones is a disinfo agent without PROOF!

Anyone making such claims are indulging in slander and libel.

What AJ says makes perfect sense and he supports his views with those EXPERTS and PROFESSIONALS.

AJ is doing great work and ANYONE putting doubt forward better come with evidence otherwise the accusers are without a doubt DISINFO agents themselves.

AJ IS trying to get a crucially important message out to everyone. So he will preach\repeat things to get the message home. All is supported by facts though.

At the end of the day it's US Gov+NeoCon Vs. AJ - who would you believe?

I find this thread absolutely ridiculous and I hold the OP in contempt.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

I didn't know there was more than one NWO scenario!

I guess I should have though, knowing how diverse these ideas are.

From what I know of Mr. Jones, a lot of his ideas are not very well thought out, and in order to make various things fit, rather than accepting that there are things he just wouldn't know or be able to fathom, he creates a link that is often entirely ridiculous.

For instance, I believe in the evidence that WT7 collapsed due to demolition, and I know that other evidence was planted or produced afterward to place blame. I know that witnesses heard explosions and rescuers saw rivers of molten metal. I know that the CIA previously planned terrorist attacks on Americans to sway public opinion for war.
But all of these facts do not mean I know exactly what happened. I don't know how many other facts there are between the ones that I am aware of, and so I cannot accept, or create my own, scenario of what happened on 9/11.
Alex Jones, on the other hand, seems to create connections where there is no evidence, and then passes this off as fact. He'd rather do this than accept that there are things he just doesn't know, or cannot explain.

That's my take on him anyway.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
any argument has 2 sides.
This side, that side and somewhere in the middle is the truth.

Alex Jones may embelish the truth a little and places comercials in which are aimed at a target audience, mainstream media do exactly the same thing, fast food comercials come on just before meal times everyday.

This is neither here nor there, that is just business.

Even if Alex Jones does extend the truth somewhat, what about some of the guests that he has on?
Are they also full of it? out to sell a product.

I listened the otherday about GM crops, was the person telling us about GM crops just making it up?

I think the secret to listening to any media, is to listen to the lot and believe in less than half of what you here.

but even if he is 5% correct, that still paints a grim picture for the US future

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join