It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need advice for playing guitar (practice time)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hey guys, I have a question for you all.

My life is getting REAL busy here lately. I really don't have time to dedicate to improving (playing or practicing) - but I don't want to loose any of what I've learned. I really poored alot of myself into it - and I NEED it sometimes you know?

So the question... how much time do I need to 'scheduel' to retain what I've already accomplished?

Thanks,

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Maybe 40 minutes a day? Half an hour? Just jam whenever you get a chance... practice some scales and chord progressions just to keep it all fresh. That's all I can recommend.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's really an individual thing. cpr12r is right that a little everyday is good but I think if you can devote a serious block of maybe and hour or two every week, that might work.

If you have good kinisthetics, you might not loose anything. Anyway play for your own personal enjoyment when ever you get the chan ce.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
For my enjoyment... that's certainly my reason.

For a long long time you couldn't find me anywhere without her/it. lol
I still keep it right next to me at the desk and pick it up for a few intro's and riffs a few times a day. Just as I get the "WOW! moment", it's time to run again.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
def' at least a little practice a day. it sucks when you put the guitar down for a while, later to find out when you pick it up, you have lost a lot of fingering and general skill. also a little practice a day keeps the calluses on the finger tips (at least for me, i chew my fingernails) and is less painful when you do want to play for an hour or even 10 minutes hard..

top topics

join