It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A TV With a Mind of its Own

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My TV recently began turning itself on and off seeming randomly lately.

I have a working theory that (since I live in a high rise apt. in the city) stray IR signals from other people's Sony remotes are doing this. I covered up the IR sensor on the TV and so far so good.

Anyone else ever experienced this?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Never heard of that??

Is it an old tv?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Take a look at this dj..

experts.about.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
My TV used to do this.
I know it's completely unrelated, but If I had it on mute for 10 or so minutes it would automatically turn itself off.

But turning ON!?
I have no idea...
The link scramjet posted seems to have a decent answer.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Perhaps your remote(or a long lost one which you later possibly replaced) is under the cushions and whenever you move about on the couch it activates it.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I bugged someone in the building beside me with a universal remote by pointing it out my kitchen window. His TV is only a few feet away from that side window and I was playing with his channels and volume just for the fun of it for a couple weeks.

With all the signals permeating the air it's a wonder this isn't happening more often.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by My Sock Puppet
I bugged someone in the building beside me with a universal remote by pointing it out my kitchen window. His TV is only a few feet away from that side window and I was playing with his channels and volume just for the fun of it for a couple weeks.

With all the signals permeating the air it's a wonder this isn't happening more often.
you know thats funny i actualy know someone in my town that did that to another person from across the street and got caught he had the cops called on him, needless to say the person he was doing it to probebaly deserved it though.

top topics

join