It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bottled Water Better Than Tap Water?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
7A, I sure hope you do not believe that silly science-fiction story you just referenced to. If it were even remotely true, the majority of the developed world would be suffering from skeletal and dental florousis.

Good I am glad there is going to be flouride in the bottled water. Than you fools will have no excuse anymore.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It probably doesn't mean much, but I have heard multiple times that tap water is much better for you thean bottled water.

I personally drink both, I don't care much.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Good I am glad there is going to be flouride in the bottled water. Than you fools will have no excuse anymore.

My question is now, why does there need to be floride in bottled water?

7A

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Because of the amount of sugared foods our society consumes, we need a higher amoutn of flouride to protect our teeth. Corn syrup is a synthetic sugar substitue thta if you have not noticed, is in virtually every single food item and/or beverage we buy from a grocer. If you want to blame anyone for hat, then thank the Japanese. They developed the ingredient, and since it has been used the obesity levels in the Western world have skyrocketed, not to mention diabeties, and a marginal case of dental issues. I will go out on a limb and say that the flouride is there because of that particular issue.

Now I try my hardest to prevent consumption of corn syrup, but I find it nearly impossible. So I just drink plenty of filtered water.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubberJohnny
Modern tap water has all the same minerals as bottled water, and many of the purification processes are the same quality.

Not only that but tap water is one of the cheapest substances known to man, at 0.4pence per litre, plus it comes with free delivery to your home.

Bottled water includes plastic compounds from the inside of the plastic bottle, not only that but they are made from plastic which doesn't degrade naturally for hundreds of years. This all adds to the worlds' waste problem, and is ecologically, and ethically very bad.

Drinking bottled water is not only ridiculous, but selfish.

Not only are the plastics carcinogenic, but buying bottled water supports a private water industry whose profits now exceed the pharmaceutical corporations.

Under Gatt and Nafta, water is defined as a human need not a human right. Which means that it's exported only to people who have the money for it.

Also under these trade agreements, when municipal treatment plants become privatized, (And they will because municipal governments lack the money to upgrade them according to growing population demands,) the corporation wins the rights to the water and essentially owns it.

So even if you live by a lake, if you can't afford water that's more expensive than gas, you won't get it.

You can boil water and filter it through a brita filter and store it in glass containers.

Masaru Emoto made an amazing discovery about water molecules and it is a powerful healing force.

www.life-enthusiast.com...

Water left in containers that say 'love' or 'peace' on them transforms into beautiful molecules. Water molecules left with ugly words like 'corporate logos that seek to condemn millions into dying of thirst because of a profit margin', will probably look like cancerous pollutants.

Water left to catch the first rays of sun is also healing.

Carcinogens leeched into water from plastic bottles, supporting a private corporation that seeks to own water for the sole use of those who have money.

Being your own water-keeper.

Hmmmm, Hard call.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join