It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Says Sanctions = Declaration of War!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Don't wanna get dragged into an argument here... but..to answer your questions:

I am originally from england..born, bred,educated and still live here....and yes i'm white and working class.

No, not Finsbury... why you ask?

Which military? My signature should tell you that - the best, in my opinion. I'm not a pacifist by any means...i'm all for getting heavy with those that deserve it...i just hate to see innocent bystanders get it. There's too much propaganda in the way... most of us are sheltered from the very grim reality of war.

Assuming NK do keep pushing, then fair enough, let's teach them a lesson...but let's keep it in perspective. Like you say, most of the military only want to be fed. A precision strike right at the government and a few key military and research facilities would be enough... then see what happens.

But then again... are we really in possession of all the facts? I very much doubt it.

Peace.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by Rapture404]

[edit on 18-10-2006 by Rapture404]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
China is not a sleeping dragon, it is a force to recon with and although China is backing sanctions against NK it is only on paper. Paper is easily burned by the breath of a dragon and as serious as the issue with nukes is with NK today it pales in comparison to what could lay ahead between the U.S. and China. We as a nation, the U.S.A. must never let our guard down no matter how little or big the threat may be to our citizens, freedom and way of life. It is not what a country says, it is what a country does by their actions. Trading partner or not beware of the fire breathing dragon. For what does the dragon seek, the world make no mistake.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Why we don`t strike a deal? We stop all our food and energy aid to NK. Then I think the north won`t last long, even their war machine will stop functioning due to no fuel and their soldiers can`t hold their weapons w/o food.

Let the south take the north, but after that your troops pull out of Korea.

The new Korea`s safety to be assured by China Russia and you. Then the northeast Asia will get great benifits.

The reason we don`t like you to be at our door is that you`re a bit too nosy.
But anyway you`re a good biz parterner.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Jong makes apology and is ready for concessions.

Report: Kim sorry about N. Korea nuke test - Newsweek

Report: N. Korean leader regrets test
China Daily Oct 20

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korean leader Kim Jong Il expressed regret about his country's nuclear test to a Chinese delegation and said Pyongyang would return to international nuclear talks if Washington backs off a campaign to financially isolate the country, a South Korean newspaper reported Friday.

"If the US makes a concession to some degree, we will also make a concession to some degree, whether it be bilateral talks or six-party talks," Kim was quoted as telling a Chinese envoy, the mass-circulation Chosun Ilbo reported, citing a diplomatic source in China.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In light of the apology, China and South Korea will probably relax enforcement of UN sanctions. Not that they really enforced anything in the first place.

N. Korea Sanctions May Founder on China, U.S. Policy Disparity
Bloomberg Oct 20

"What the Chinese and South Koreans want is quite different to what the U.S. and Japan wants and it will be very difficult for them to reach an agreement on how to proceed,'' he said. ``There are clearly people in Washington seeking regime change in North Korea, but both China and South Korea are primarily concerned with maintaining the regime's stability.''

China's ambassador to the UN, Wang Guangya, said after the resolution was passed that while his country would carry out inspections, it didn't support ``interdiction and interception.''

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Ball is now in Bush's court: talks or no talks, concessions or sanctions, accept apology or slap face.

My guess for next week is the spotlight turns back on Iran, while Jong returns to hermit mode.

Iran's Ahmadinejad lashes out at Israel again
IranMania News

Israeli PM says Iran will 'pay' for nukes
Arizona Daily Star

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Regenmacher, those are some great graphics.

I know that we shouldn't question Condi's great influence in resolving this crisis (sarcasm intended), it makes me wonder if Kim is really calling the shots in that country anymore. Just yesterday, one of the generals was saying war was inevitable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join