It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Involved In Hawaii EarthQuake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
is it just me or is it a little strange an earthquake shows up just 48 hours after we sanction N. Korea and they publicly state the sanctions are now an act of war?! Why isn't anyone talking about this? they produce a 4.8 quake from testing and Hawaii gets a 6.2 in a region with no "major" fault lines?

why you shouldn't even know about it and noone wants you to think about it?!

1. missle defense doesn't & didn't work (don't want china and russia to know that!)
2. elections are comming
3. mass panic of the american people
4. full scale war now a must & Iraq now must be dealt with

[edit on 16-10-2006 by adamdkiger]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Last I checked, the North Koreans do not have an earthquake machine that can specifically target regions. The only person with this technology is Dick Cheney...Wait...I have said too much!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Frankly, I have never known of a natural disaster of this magnitude to get as little air time as this one got.

Granted, I no longer get the cable news networks, but I watched football games all day yesterday and heard nothing of the event until the ten o'clock news and even then it was not the lead story.

If mass panic was the aim, then it was a miserable failure by whomever was supposed to have done whatever it is that you are suggesting.

[edit on 2006/10/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nihilist Fiend
Last I checked, the North Koreans do not have an earthquake machine that can specifically target regions. The only person with this technology is Dick Cheney...Wait...I have said too much!

Oh no, now your in trouble! Yeah im not seeing what your getting at here... a shift in the plates caused an earthquake in Hawaii, an earthquake prone area. Not trying to put you down or anything but Im just not seeing your logic :/

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I live in the US so I have no doubt if NK could cause earthquakes i'd be bouncing up and down as I type this. (i'm not)

Hawaii does sit on a fault and gets earthquakes all the time. It's just that most of them are small and not noticed. This one was big enough to be noticed.

I love a good conspiricy as much as the next person, this one is a bit out there though.

Just my thoughts on it,

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Taepodong-2, which has a range of up to 6,000km (3,500 miles), and which was first test fired in July 2006. Put on a small active war head and wow!, hawaii has an earthquake...one which came out of the blue for everyone including scientists who firmly state that regions activity was not going to produce such results anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Frankly, I have never known of a natural disaster of this magnitude to get as little air time as this one got.

It's probably because (last I saw/read) there were no reported casualties. Unfortunately, when it comes to the news, death sells. You'll never turn on the news and see stories about all the planes that landed safely. Rather, you'll see a story about that one plane that crashed into a mountain.

I can't speak for the networks as I don't really watch their news programs. However, as someone who watches some cable news on a regular basis, I must say that this story was covered fairly well.

But onto the whole North Korea/Hawaii Earthquake conspiracy. You're kidding, right? North Korea doesn't even have the technology to grow enough crops to feed their own people, let alone directly caused natural disasters hundreds and thousands of miles away. Intelligence reports say that their nuclear explosion was relatively weak in modern terms. You say it registered a 4.8 on the richter scale. The Hawaiian earthquake, again according to your numbers, was a 6.2. A 6.2 is infinitely more powerful than a 4.8. Most people assume that the richter scale is equal to something like a "1 to 10" scale, but it's not. For instance, a 7 on the richter scale would cause many, many times more damage than a 6 on the richter scale. At least, that's what I understand to be true.

I give you an "A" for conspiracy efforts, but there's nothing to your story, in my opinion. We're talking about a relatively antiquated society in North Korea. Apart from their allegedly decent missile technology, they're pretty far behind the rest of the industrialized world. Their military relies on old Soviet and Chinese weapons. I doubt NK would have the ability to cause earthquakes before a country like the US or Britain or Russia would.

But, I have read conspiracies right here on ATS alleging that countries have the ability to create hurricanes. There were reports that the Soviet Union had created such a device, and then sold it to an organized crime group in Japan who used it for revenge on the United States, for some reason or another.
That's if my memory serves me correctly- it's hard to keep track of all these conspiracies!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

BANGKOK - North Korea may be a poor country, but it has some of the most developed missile systems in the world. Not even years of near-economic collapse, famine and hunger have hampered the country's missile-development programs, which are meant both as a preemptive defense - to scare off potential attackers - and for export.

According to US-based North Korea expert Joseph Bermudez, countries that have bought missile parts and technology from North Korea include Iran, Egypt, Pakistan, Libya, Syria, the United Arab Emirates and Vietnam. In recent years, however, North Korea has lost two important customers: Pakistan, which has become a US ally, and Libya, whose Muammar Gaddafi has pledged to give up his country's weapons-of-mass-destruction program.

Assisted by Soviet experts and technicians, North Korea began producing surface-to-air missiles more than 40 years ago. But the first ones were quite rudimentary, and it was not until North Korea signed a military agreement with China in 1971 that the industry took off. Gradually, however, the North Koreans themselves became capable of developing and fine-tuning their growing arsenal of missiles - together with some rather unexpected, non-communist partners.

In 1998, a new generation of North Korean missiles was born with the three-stage Taepodong 1, which it test-fired over Japan on August 31 from the Musudan-ni launch facility on the coast of North Hamgyong province. The Japanese were outraged and saw it as a grave provocation, but the North Koreans stated that the purpose was only to place their first satellite - the Kwangmyongsong 1 - into orbit to beam down hymns in praise of Kim Il-sung.

Whatever the case, the missile flew 1,090km from the launch site in North Korea into the Pacific Ocean east of the main Japanese island of Honshu. Since then, a Taepodong 2 with a range of 6,700km has been developed, which has brought US bases in Okinawa, Guam, Alaska and Hawaii within the potential range of North Korean missiles. The North Koreans are working on a third Taepodong, which will be capable of delivering a 500-1,000kg warhead at a distance of 10,000-12,000km - anywhere in the United States.

It is believed that it is the Taepodong 2 that North Korea now is planning to test-fire. Whether is will scare Japan, and perhaps also South Korea, into offering more aid remains to be seen. But the United States appears to be in no mood to offer North Korea anything, focusing as it is on finding ways to choke off North Korea's lethal exports - and to eliminate any threat that those missiles pose to US interests and security. www.atimes.com

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.
Posting work written by others. **All Members Read**

[edit on 16-10-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Granted, I no longer get the cable news networks, but I watched football games all day yesterday and heard nothing of the event until the ten o'clock news and even then it was not the lead story.

I do get the cable news network and it was all over the news all day long. By the evening, it was known that there was no major damage or deaths. Even the schools were in session today.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Friday, July 7, 2006 at 17:00 EDT

TOKYO — The Taepodong-2 long-range missile recently test-fired by North Korea may have been targeted toward Hawaii, a Japanese government source said Friday.

"It was probably targeted toward the direction of Hawaii," the source said, without giving specific grounds. The Sankei Shimbun reported in its online edition the same day that the missile was pointed at waters near Hawaii.

Citing government sources in Japan and the United States, the report said Japan's Defense Agency and the U.S. military reached the conclusion after analyzing the missile's path from data collected by Aegis-equipped destroyers and RC-135S electronic reconnaissance aircraft.

The missile was fired from its launching site in Musudan-ri in North Hamgyong Province in the northeastern region of North Korea early Wednesday local time before landing in the Sea of Japan several hundred kilometers away.

The authorities decided that the missile was pointed at Hawaii from the angle of its nose cone immediately after the launch and the altitude it had reached, the newspaper said.

The distance between North Korea and Hawaii is about 7,000 kilometers. While the Taepodong-2 is widely believed to have a firing range of 3,500-6,000 km, its actual range can be longer, the report said.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
On 12 September 2003 it was reported that North Korea was working on a new missile, is based on the Soviet SS-N-6 submarine-launched missile. The North was thought to have acquired the technology sometime between 1992 and 1998. According to an un-named US Government official, "We've had hints of this for several years, but it's only within the last year that we've been able to confirm that this did exist and it's derived from Russian technology."

The intended role of the Nodong-B is unclear. While the Nodong-1/2 could target American facilities on Okinawa, these facilities are on Japanese territory. If the reported range of up to 4,000 kilometers is correct, the system could be used to target American facilties in Guam. Guam is an American posession, and thus the Nodong-B would give the North the potential to directly target American territory. Over-eager headline writers searching for a local angle notwithstanding, there seems little prospect that a single-stage Nodong-B could reach Hawaii, much less Los Angeles. Alternately, the Nodong-B might be intended for use with a [presumably] heavier uranium bomb design, maintaining the range coverage of the Nodong-1/2 which was presumably designed with a lighter plutonium bomb design.

The Soviet SS-N-6 was originally designed to be fired from a submarine. The Soviets also evaluated firing missiles of this class from surface ships that would be designed to blend in with normal commercial shipping. The US Government is evidently concerned that the North Koreans may intend to launch this missile from small commercial vessels that have approached the coastlines of the United States.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Hawaii does sit on a fault and gets earthquakes all the time.

Not to nitpick, but actually I don't think technically Hawaii is on a fault, it's in the middle of the Pacific Plate. It is on a hotspot however and moving magma there can certainly create earthquakes.

Anyway the idea that the DPRK could create earthquakes in Hawaii is even more ridiculous than the thought the U.S. could create tsunamis in the Indian Ocean.

[edit on 10/16/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nihilist Fiend
Last I checked, the North Koreans do not have an earthquake machine that can specifically target regions.

Ahh, as if they need anything so high tech. I reckon all 22,912,177 of them just jumped up and down on the spot at the same time.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Here are some tips on quoting that might be of interest. As for the topic, you completely lost me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
i'm not saying the DPRK created an earthquake i'm saying they launched a missile and that caused your earthquake! work with me here people!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hey, do not mind me passing through long enough to drop of a "This is a Tinfoil Hat topic" Alert.

Any launch made by the North Koreans would have been detected, period, no and if or buts.
As such, what is there to work with?

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
even if it was detected really want to make that call right before an election?!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'll give you this much for your theory;

I do think it's slightly odd that after their "pop" (which is really all it was) their really weak nuke, there was a big EQ off the northern coast of Japan afew days later followed by another one on what *MIGHT* have been the other side of the global plate (I didnt research it so it's just wild speculation on my part).

In that sense, the no-nuke crowd could rally around that freakish sequence of events.

My guess is dumb luck for North Korea , dumb in the sense that they had nothing ON PURPOSE to do with it.

Nukes are dangerous. Pop enough of them and we'll be more worried about food and mutants then we will be about North Korea and terrorists.

In my opinion, the activity in North Korea will slow to a crawl because as much as China could care less about the US, no country wants 20 nukes exploding near their borders.

China will get involved but not in a public way.

On the flip side, I was shocked that it wasnt covered by regular TV until the nightly news. That most liekly because they didnt have the resources in place to cover it. An easier sell to that theory was the high school massacre in Red Lake, MN last year. The resources and infastructure required to support the media hype simply doesnt exist in the northern wilderness of Minnesota. So it wasnt covered.

Plus, Im sure it was news to the media that the native American Red Lake Nation in northern Minnesota is not a part of the United States.

But Im getting off topic.

Props to you for suggesting the theory but even here, it's a tough sell. But lets not discourage the messenger. Great effort!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamdkiger
even if it was detected really want to make that call right before an election?!

The sky is full of satellites owned by the U.S., Russia, and other countries looking for the the heat from the launch of missiles or rockets etc.

It would be impossible to keep something like that quiet.

[edit on 10/16/2006 by djohnsto77]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join