It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World's Most Accessible Nuclear Facility

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Mogilevich had a heart attack?

The defence has made a request for Mogilevich to be released on bail for health reasons. He apparently suffered a heart attack last Saturday.

RIA Novosti: Defense requests bail for reputed mafia boss over ill health

04/ 06/ 2008

The defense attorney of businessman Sergei Shnaider, a reputed mafia boss in custody for tax evasion charges, said Wednesday he had made a request for his client to be released on bail for health reasons.

[---]

"My client suffered extremely high blood pressure and a heart attack last Saturday. We are requesting that his custodial supervision be changed as we believe he is unable to receive the necessary medical treatment in custody," Alexander Pogonchenkov said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Custody for Mogilevich (and Nekrasov) is extended to September 23.

RIA Novosti: Court extends custody for cosmetics retailer owner and associate

17/ 06/ 2008

A Moscow court has extended custody for the owner of cosmetics retailer Arbat Prestige and his business associate, both arrested on tax evasion charges, until September 23, lawyers said on Tuesday.

Vladimir Nekrasov, who owns the Arbat Prestige cosmetics chain, was detained in Moscow along with Sergei Shnaider, 62, an alleged mafia boss also known as Semyon Mogilevich, in late January.

[---]

Believed to control the largest Russian mafia syndicate in the world, he is suspected of being involved in arms dealing, drug trafficking, the sex trade, and money laundering.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Suitcase nukes are not just fantasy. Federal officials and medical experts are preparing for the unthinkable, a nuclear terrorist attack...

Preparing for the unthinkable - nuclear attack

June 27, 2008

Top federal officials and medical experts gathered in Washington on Thursday to consider this nightmare vision. Their conclusion: Cities and states are frightfully ill-prepared for dealing with an attack using a small nuclear bomb.

[---]

Federal officials are worried enough to have convened a National Academy of Sciences committee on medical preparedness for a nuclear attack by terrorists. The panel is holding its first two-day meeting in Washington this week.

[---]

"We don't know where all the suitcase nukes are. They are out there, and we know the bad guys are trying to get their hands on them.

If terrorists can get their hands on suitcase nukes, so can North Korea. I still believe the North Korean "nuke test" was a suitcase nuke...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Mogilevich To Be Released Today

Apparently, Mogilevich will be released today (July 16), as the Moscow city court overturned an extension of the arrest.

The Moscow Times: Business in Brief

10 July 2008

Moscow City Court on Wednesday overturned an extension of the arrests of Sergei Nekrasov and Semyon Mogilevich, also known as Sergei Shnaider, in connection with a tax investigation of Arbat Prestige, Interfax reported.

Alexander Sadukov, a lawyer for Nekrasov, said the court ordered a reinvestigation but chose to leave his client and Mogilevich in custody until July 16, the news agency reported. The earlier court ruling had extended their arrests until September 23.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
I wonder...

Do you think this guy could have something on the Alexander Litvitnenko case?

Well you know that the Pollinum used to poison him only has a small number of uses - one of them of course being the trigger on these smaller nukes. - and considering that it only has a half life of something like 25-30 days I always thought that was just as much of a message as it was an assassination

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

it only has a half life of something like 25-30 days

Polonium 210 has a half life of a little more than 138 days. Meaning that after 138 days, the amount of Po-210 would be half of what it was to begin with. If Litvinenko was really poisoned deliberately and not by accident, it must have been a very strong message. But it doesn't mean that a suitcase nuke would have to be "used within 138 days". Example: If the amount of Po-210 from the start was twice the amount needed to trigger a nuke, it would still be usuable after 276 days. If the amount from the start was three times the amount needed, it would still be usuable after 414 days, etc. Deliberate poisoning or not, PO-210 was smuggled into the UK, and that's a fact. If the Po-210 was to be used as fuses/triggers for one or more suitcase nukes...Why? For terror? Or for blackmailing purposes? Maybe some day in the future, we'll know more about what really happened. At the moment, much about the case is classified.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I can't find anything in any media regarding Mogilevich's release today. Nothing. Only this article from July 9th and the other one posted above, stating that he'll be released July 16th (today). So I don't know whether he's been released or not...

ITAR-TASS: Moscow City Court cancelled ruling that extended arrest of businessmen Nekrasov and Shnaider

However the court left them in custody till July 16 and ordered the district court to reconsider the ruling on their arrest, Nekrasov’s lawyer Alexander Sadukov told Itar-Tass.

Does anyone know if he's been released?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I live near the Seal Beach Ordinance Armory ( los angeles, but thats close enough to me), they store nukes there. Marcinko was able to easily break in there. I drive by there all the time to go surfing down at Bolsa Chica Beach and the place still looks pretty unsecured to me. I bet the locals largely don't know that there are nukes stored in there. and it looks pretty easy to just park a car on PCH and walk onto the facility from the wetlands and estuary behind it. and I mean just walk right in.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Finally, I was able to find something. Seems like Mogilevich will have to stay behind bars for now. At least until September 23...

Court upholds arrest of two key figures in Arbat Prestizh case

The Moscow City Court has upheld the decision to prolong till September 23 the arrest of two men facing criminal charges of tax evasion by the Arbat Prestizh cosmetics retailer – the chain’s owner Vladimir Nekrasov and businessman Sergei Shnaider (also known by the name of Semyon Mogilevich). The court thereby turned down the defense lawyers’ cassation complaints against the Ostankinsky court’s earlier ruling both should stay behind bars.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Mogilevich is still behind bars, at least for now.

ITAR-TASS: Court orders Arbat Prestizh perfume chain owner to remain in custody

The Moscow City Court also upheld the Ostankinsky Court’s ruling extending the arrest of Sergei Shnaider (aka Semen Mogilevich) who is also involved in the case.

I've heard that someone recently tried to teach "the world's most dangerous man" a lesson. That was not so smart. The attempt to teach him a lesson failed, of course...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Mogilevich

I wonder if there are any news on Mogilevich. Have you heard anything? Is he still in jail?

Rock The Truth: The New Mafia

November 24, 2008

There is no one on Earth more powerful than he, and, as per usual, he remains unknown, left out of all press and television reports on the subject. The CIA considers him a “grave threat” to global security and the “world’s most dangerous man” (Friedman).

[---]

He has penetrated every stock exchange in the world and controls much of the trading therein.

[---]

NATO has said that he is a “threat to the stability of Europe,” though his name remains little known. This mobster is militarily more powerful than many European countries. He has nuclear weapons from the former Warsaw Pact countries and is presently trading with various governments and providing them with nuclear technology. He has agents in the intelligence agencies of all European countries

Trading nuclear weapons and technology with various governments...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Speaking of trading with nuclear weapons... A new report sounds alarm on threat of WMD attack.

Report Sounds Alarm on Threat of Weapons of Mass Destruction - washingtonpost.com

December 2, 2008

Nuclear or Biological Attack Called Likely

The odds that terrorists will soon strike a major city with weapons of mass destruction are now better than even, a bipartisan congressionally mandated task force concludes in a draft study that warns of growing threats from rogue states, nuclear smuggling networks and the spread of atomic know-how in the developing world.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Here's a video related to my previous post.

Terror Report Expects WMD Attack Soon

"The terrorists are organisationally sophisticated enough to get either the nuclear- or bio- weapons..."

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Mogilevich is to remain in custody until March 23

The Role of Russian Organized Crime in the Gas War of January 2009

The day after the Ukrainian-Russian gas agreement was signed, the Russian press reported that a Moscow court had ordered that Mogilevich and Nekrasov remain in detention until March 23 (www.newsru.com/russia/21jan2009/prodlen.html, January 21). Was the timing coincidental or was it linked to RUE’s debt to Gazprom?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Ricardo Fanchini

A friend of Mogilevich and Viktor Bout, Ricardo Fanchini, faces 10 years in US prison. He is one of the most well-connected gangsters in the world.

BBC: Time catches up with global gangster

19 February 2009

A major global drugs kingpin has agreed a plea bargain in the United States after admitting conspiracy to distribute millions of dollars worth of ecstasy. But who is this man of mystery who faces spending 10 years in jail?

[---]

Although their power was broken and most are now in jail or dead, Fanchini continued to prosper, partly because of his connections to Russian mafia bosses including Semion Mogilevich, who was a guest at his wedding, and arms smuggler Viktor Bout.

[---]

Journalist Vladimir Kozlovsky, who has covered the activities of the Russian mafia in New York for years, said: "The indictment was massive. He was accused of a million crimes going back 20 years. There were so many boxes of evidence that he had to have a separate cell to house it all.

"The trial was due to last at least four months so, like 90% of cases over here, it was plea bargained and he could be out in seven years."

Visit the article to read more...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Mogilevich To Remain Behind Bars

Mogilevich will remain in prison until May 23...

This is the only way I could provide this link (copy/paste the link into a new window) - "The Strange Ties between Semion Mogilevich and Vladimir Putin":

http://www.jamestown.org/single/?no_cache=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=34753&tx_ttnews[backPid]=7&cHash=8d9de4a894

March 25, 2009

On March 23, 2009 the Moscow City Court ruled that Semion Mogilevich, also known as Sergiy Shneider, will remain in prison until May 23 while investigators continue to examine his case.

[---]

Later in the discussion Derkach revealed a few details about Mogilevich.

Derkach: "He's on good terms with Putin. He and Putin have been in contact since Putin was still in Leningrad."

Kuchma: "I hope we won't have any problems because of this."

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I wonder if they're keeping him behind bars as long as possible, hoping that someone soon will dare to witness against him? Maybe some witnesses have disappeared?

Al Capone was convicted for income-tax evasion.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
suitcase bomb yes i believe Russia had them.

but in russia you had three powers controlling russia and they did not trust each other,

The KBG
The GRU (military)
The Communists Party Leadership.

Active nuclear weapons were controlled by a team of all three.

Weapons in storage like suitcase nukes would never have been under the control of one.

Most likely the detonators would have been stored by one and the weapon without the detonators by another of the group.
The arming codes would have been controlled by the third party. The party leadership.

This is why i do not believe anyone could have taken a armed and ready to use suitcase nuke.
This was never been allowed in russia because of the power sharing/distrust system they have.

If someone got the weapon without the arming codes or the detonator at worst they could use it as a dirty bomb.
But not as a nuclear weapon. without the knowledge to build a weapon.
then they would no need it in the first place.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Regarding Mogilevich: Preliminary hearings are scheduled to begin today.

The Moscow Times: News in Brief

19 May 2009

Preliminary hearings in a case against the founder of bankrupt cosmetics retailer Arbat Prestige are scheduled to begin Wednesday in Moscow's Tushinsky District Court, Interfax reported Monday.

[---]

He will be tried with reputed organized crime boss Semyon Mogilevich

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Mogilevich and Nekrasov tried to pay themselves out of jail, but the court rejected their offer. The trial is expected to start on June 1, behind closed doors...

Arbat Prestige Defendants Offer $7.5M Bail

21 May 2009

Former cosmetics retail king Vladimir Nekrasov and reputed crime boss Semyon Mogilevich offered on Wednesday to post bail of $7.5 million — five times more than the amount they are accused of failing to pay in taxes — as preliminary hearings opened for their high-profile trial.

Moscow's Tushinsky District Court rejected their surprise offer to post bail of 240 million rubles and ruled that the trial would be closed to the public.

Prosecutors had asked that the trial be held behind closed doors, citing classified investigative methods used to collect evidence against the two suspects.

The trial will start on June 1, the court said.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join