It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save Wal-Mart Ad Banned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
www.stevequayle.com...

Okay .. first off .. don't shoot the messenger. I'm just bringing this story to you. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with it.

ALLEGEDLY this ad has been banned from publications. It is supposedly an ad from the conservative right to pray for Wal-Mart and to 'save it' from homosexuals and from abortionists.

I have no idea if the ad is really from the conservative right. It could be a plant by the left to make the far right look worse than it is. I also don't know if this ad is really banned, or if the folks that put it out just say that for more attention.

IF this ad is correct, that Wal-Mart hugs the 'gay agenda' and the pro-choice crowd, then the left shouldn't be as ticked at Wal-Mart as it is. If this ad really is from the far right, then they may have just helped out the far left by making the ad and showing how progressive Wal-Mart is becoming.

All I know is that it's making the rounds on the internet, and is at some sites, and it is claimed that the ad has been banned. I'm reporting .. you decide.

www.stevequayle.com...

When I followed the links I came to this -
www.savewalmart.com...

At the very bottom it claims the site is by Operation Rescue and Operation Save America.

[edit on 10/14/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Sounds like occultist propaganda. All it goes on about is how gays are blackmailing Wal Mart.

"Wal Mart will now prefer companies with lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgendered owners." Uhh, where's your proof of this, and what's more, who cares!?

The faith and love for God and His Word by Sam Walton, the founder of Wal-Mart, is being trashed before our very eyes. God blessed Wal-Mart because Sam Walton applied biblical principles to run his business. He never failed to give King Jesus the glory.

Come to think of it, I don't really want to become involved in all this hardline Christian sort of stuff. It don't really like those sorts of people and how they're always trying to convert you. I turn the the Australian Christian Channel when I want a laugh.

I can imagine how all Christians that will read this will probably go "That poor person, not following Gods path" (or whatever), and I say, yeah, you do what you want with your life. I'd much prefer to go for an early surf on sunday morning that sit on a bench listening to someone preach.

I mean, really:

However, effective immediately, we are no longer to support Wal-Mart. On August 21, 2006, the "National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce" announced a "partnership" with Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
[snip]
I am EXTREMELY UNHAPPY about this, and have stopped shopping at Wal-Mart. Locally, we have now taken our business to Publix, Winn-Dixie and other stores.

In my view, someone that thinks like that has been brainwashed and is a very sad person. You should enjoy your life, and not spend it hating people that have different preferences to you. And with the abortion thing, YES, it is bad, and YES, it can be likened to murder, but sometimes it is simply the best option of a lot of bad ones. And a 'morning after' pill can hardly be called an abortion pill, imho. It's not like it is conscious by that stage, or even much beyond the zygote-cell stage.

Just my 2ยข worth, and I am very deeply sorry if I have offended anyone. No doubt I have. Sorry.

[edit on 14/10/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Corporations don't succeed by alienating customers. Personally, I don't think we need Homosexual Chambers of Commerce, but you can't blame Wal-Mart for community involvement. Most corporations do the same thing.

As for the abortion, pill, this was Wal-Mart's statement as published on the website:

Until recently, Wal-Mart and SAM'S CLUB pharmacies sold emergency contraception only in Illinois, where state law required us to do so. In February, a ruling by the state Board of Pharmacy required all of our pharmacies in Massachusetts to stock and dispense the product. pressure to introduce similar requirements is building in Connecticut and New York, and we expect other states to follow suit. In light of these developments, all Wal-Mart and SAM'S CLUB pharmacies will immediately begin carrying Plan B emergency contraception. As of Monday, March 20, all of our pharmacies have received their initial stock.

The company is maintaining its conscientious objection policy, which is consistent with the tenets of the American Pharmaceutical Association. This policy, except where prohibited by law, allows any Wal-Mart or SAM'S CLUB pharmacy Associate who does not feel comfortable dispensing a prescription for certain medications [those which are not considered core to the practice of pharmacy], including Plan B emergency contraception, to refer customers to another pharmacist or pharmacy as spelled out in our policy. We do require that these Associates fulfill their obligation to help customers by referring them to another pharmacy that stocks the product.

www.savewalmart.com...

You can't do anything, even obey the law without offending somebody.

I like Wal-Mart.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Im not sure who the hell created it. I think it was a more "Liberal" point of view though. It's almost like the leftie's are trying to bring in both the more Conservative people by saying the owner is a religous man and things, but there also tryin to pull in the leftie's with their talk about gay's and such...

It's kind of a confusing add, the message doesn't seem clear to me... is there anyway at all this could be a hoax?

top topics

join