It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

655,000 Iraqis killed since start of war

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I love reading the various opinions on these forums. At least we (I hope all of us) live in a country where we can openly debate about such topics without being dragged out into the street and shot.

Haven't read every single one though in this thread, and not sure if it was mentioned. But don't you love how the majority of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis? The Saudi gov't isn't so great, yet they are our "allies", though they do supposedly take steps in cracking down on terror

And isn't it interesting how Osama was actually prepared to defend Saudi Arabia from the not-so-religious Saddam before we did it ourselves in the first Gulf War? From what I understand Osama wasn't really too happy with Saddam. So first the WMD theories go wrong, and if you look at the past, Al-Qaeda is probably a bigger deal in Saudi Arabia or half of the other Middle Eastern countries other than in Iraq, so that theory must be wrong as well. So now we're in there to spread Democracy - well it appears quite a few people in Iraq aren't prepared for our "Democracy". So when will everyone wake up?

I almost guarantee if Saudi Arabia didn't supply us with so much Oil, we'd be right in there trying to oust the terrorists in that country.

Whatever. WMDs, terrorists, Democracy, Oil, we're in there for some reason. Think it'll be a matter of time before the American public wakes up to which one of these we really are in there for. And sadly, at a terrible price, for a soon to be 3000 American soldiers and who knows how many tens of thousands of Iraqi Civilians. It will probably take years to figure out how many are truly dead, as the place apparently is a hellhole now.

Not saying it was great in there under Saddam in the first place, but damn, at least Saddam knew how to keep his country under control, if by many harsh and brutal ways, but under control, nevertheless. Nor am I saying he was by ANY means a good man. But we did in fact stir up trouble that will probably never stop as long as we are in there. Recent plans to keep the troops in there for more years, plans to double troop deployments, rumors to build permanent military bases, ugh.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by el_madmaster]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
And it continues to rise..

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Between 18 and 20 people were killed and dozens were wounded Saturday in an attack at an outdoor market in a Mahmoudiya town, Iraqi authorities said.

The death toll released by the U.S. military was lower. Officials said 11 people were killed and 23 were wounded. www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Still more...

(BBC)-Iraq police bus attack kills 13

At least 13 police recruits have been killed in an attack on two buses near the northern Iraqi city of Baquba.

A roadside bomb killed one recruit and 12 died in small-arms fire. About 24 were injured and a number abducted.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
And yet it continues........

(MSNBC)-Baghdad police: 56 bodies found in 24 hours

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Officials have found 56 bodies bearing signs of torture scattered around the Iraqi capital in the past 24 hours, all apparent victims of sectarian death squads, police said Friday. www.msnbc.msn.com...

The bodies found scattered around Baghdad were of men between 20 and 45 years old, and all were apparent victims of sectarian death squads, police said Friday.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Violence against Iraqis has grown unabated in the past month, with more than 1,300 killed since Oct. 1.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
And still...

(BBC)-Sunday, 12 November 2006

Bombers kill Iraq police recruits Thirty-five young men are killed in a double suicide attack on a police recruiting centre in Baghdad. news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
I am sorry but this number just sickens me.

Hey no problemo! Your study was contested/disputed anyhow so use the official report instead

It's official. 150,000 Iraqi civilian deaths

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You think the death toll is high now? Just wait until the dhimmi-crats force US to surrender.Bin laden and his boys will have a great time.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Trying to keep track of the number of deaths in Iraq is a pointless exercise if there was ever one. People should be debating the best way the coalition can get out of this mess personally Im in favour of partitioning Iraq.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
And continues....

(RawStory.com)-Nov 19, 10:39 AM (ET)
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - A suicide bomber in a minivan lured day laborers to his vehicle with promises of a job Sunday morning then blew it up, killing 22 people and wounding 44 in the mainly Shiite southern city of Hillah, police said.

Attacks by suspected insurgents in other areas of Iraq killed 30 people and wounded 58, raising the country's death toll to 52 by midday Sunday.
www.rawstory.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The original link to this is from CNN (!!) and is dead.... surprised they reported a story like this over a year ago... makes me wonder on this vet's day eve...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
650,000 may be a low estimate, according to some.

According to this article over 1.2 million have been killed.

Numbers come from here.

Of course a poll is not accurate, and may overstate the case, but there are clearly more deaths amongst civilians than we have been led to believe by government.

This shows some reasons why the death toll amongst civilians may be so high.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I am disgusted by this. how can we as americans allow the killing of people? just because they have different beliefs. I am sick in displeasure to the Bush administration..spechless...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join