It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginning of WW3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Who here wants to bet $50 that WW3 is gonna start in the next 30 days?

I put my money on 'yes it will'.

Hey, since I cant do # about it and cant really prevent it, might as well make some money of it. Afterall, thats wat the world leaders do to. Make money of its people's misery.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'll bet 100$ that it start within 10 years from now. If the trend continue of course. Starting a world war in this modern time is not the same thing as it was in the early 1900s, now, country have nukes, and nukes mean billions of death. So it's much harder to start a world war between superpowers.

Any world war now wouldn't last 1 month because of the nukes. And next poster, 911 is an inside job.

And i think WW3 started when JFK was killed, when the corporations entered in the government.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's already started in my honest opinion. It started in 2001.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How do you define WWIII ?
As one post proves some people think it's 'the war on Terror'.
I'm still not sure it's possible anymore to have a truely global war like WWI &II
I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of nuclear war sometime though.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
It's already started in my honest opinion. It started in 2001.

i think it was more like 1999. i even *think* (don't quote me on that) some prophecy said the same. i did not believe it until 9/2001, though, then it dawned on me.

the common denominator is style: the false flag attack.

as an example of inaccurate warfare chronology i will cite WW2. Japan and CHina had been fighting before 1939, Germany started annexing neighbours before 1939, Italy's expansion started even earlier, yet all of these events culminated in what came to be known as WW2. in the same vein, had Germany successfully sued for peace in 1940, it would not have been called a world war at all.

so, history is always driven by hindsight and subjective bias (cultural, political).

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I belive there is no such thing as 'war on terror', otherwise US would have attacked NK by now and taken Kim out of power.

Now we all know what Bush's true agenda was.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
In my opinion, we're already in WWIV.

Maybe the better question is, When will Armageddon start? The term WWIII seems to be the war people think will obliterate civilization and perhaps mankind, although no war is likely to accomplish the latter. Nothing short of that ever seems to get people's world war numbering juices flowing.

Armageddon refers generally to end times or giant, apocalyptic catastrophes in various religions and cultures. It may also refer to any great loss of life in battle or use of weapons of mass destruction.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Former CIA Director James Woolsey thinks we're in WWIV.

In the address to a group of college students, Woolsey described the Cold War as the third world war and said "This fourth world war, I think, will last considerably longer than either World Wars I or II did for us. Hopefully not the full four-plus decades of the Cold War."

www.cnn.com...

So, in my opinion, if hostilities begin with North Korea, it really will only be a new front in the WWIV.

Frankly, I think we need to stop numbering wars. WWI and WWII were probably misnamed to begin with, setting us up for an eternity of confusion. WWI was first known as the Great War and it wasn't until WWII that The Great War got called a world war and got numbered.

So, I recommend that we just forget about calling any war a world war since in none of the supposed world wars was the whole world at war, just enough to make the name convincing.

We could go back to calling WWI, The Great War and we could call WWII, the Nuclear Climax War, then The Cold War would fit right in with The Korean War, The Vietnam War, and what we could call The Great Big Terror War, at least for now. We could rename it later--if we wanted to.

[edit on 2006/10/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded

Hey, since I cant do # about it and cant really prevent it, might as well make some money of it. Afterall, thats wat the world leaders do to. Make money of its people's misery.

I want a piece of this. $50 that WW3 breaks out before 11/10/06 (a declaration of war by the President with the backing of congress, and reciprocated by a foreign nation). Done. Please send me a private message with your e-mail so I can send you a PayPal bill for that amount.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by The Iconoclast]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I am with iconclast. But I would go as far as to bet you that a formal declaration of war by the world will not happen even in this year. Set up a paypal account please!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Iconoclast

I want a piece of this. $50 that WW3 breaks out before 11/10/06 (a declaration of war by the President with the backing of congress, and reciprocated by a foreign nation). Done. Please send me a private message with your e-mail so I can send you a PayPal bill for that amount.

I suspect that there will be an official pronouncement of something against N.Korea within the next week. Whether it be military action or sanctions, I know not.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Iconoclast

Lol, thats funny, I wish I could actually collect money on that, im sure I wud be a rich man by december and be celebrating christmas and new year in some exotic country, if there is any country left. I wish I could spend the next 1 year on moon as a foreign exchange student and watch the cloud of smoke over earth.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
if i had $50 for everytime i read a "WW3 is going to start" thread, i probably could buy my own nuclear arsenal and shoes to match..

[edit on 10-10-2006 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
no

we won't have a real world war

nukes will turn it into a game of "who can press the button the most times before they die"

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
no

we won't have a real world war

nukes will turn it into a game of "who can press the button the most times before they die"

World War means a war in which lot of countries of the world are involved at the same time. Its not a matter how of how long it will last. Its obvious that presence of nukes will either shorten the war to a mere few minutes or it wud prevent the war completely since world leaders would know the result of using nukes could mean the end of mankind. No such thing as a fake world war.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I will...

ww3 was the cold war....you owe me 50 bucks..

Seriously though....something big is gonna happen...every time North Korea says its gonna do something....it does..If it puts a nuclear warhead on a missle and launches it,
all hell will break loose.....

peady-

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
WW3 is here, its going strong, and its everyone for themselves nation wise. EU is bullying their neighbors, USA is bullying middle east, asia, and south america, africa is already blown to heck and about to blow itself up again. So... not at war yet by your standards? Or does it take half the world vs. half the world?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Lol, thats funny, I wish I could actually collect money on that, im sure I wud be a rich man by december and be celebrating christmas and new year in some exotic country, if there is any country left. I wish I could spend the next 1 year on moon as a foreign exchange student and watch the cloud of smoke over earth.

Well come on. I've got my $50 that says we will se no declaration of war from the United States nor a reciprocation from another country in the next 30 days. You're the one who is so sure about it and is willing to take people's money, buck up and put yours on the line. I'm willing to take your action. I'm more than willing to "donate" to your travel plans if you're right. But I'm very confident you're dead wrong, so I'll put my money up. Come on, what have you got to lose if this is such a sure thing?

top topics

join