It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has China finally had enough?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Here's an article from the BBC.

news.bbc.co.uk...

China has always wanted a nuke free NK. They have also condemned the claimed nuke test. They agree that UN sanctions should be imposed, but won't elaborate on the details. . .

Have they finally had enough this time? The article states that they're worried if the apply the power they have against NK, they will be flooded with refugees. . . But they're bringing a lot of attention right to China's doorstep by actintg the way they are, which could end up getting a lot worse, and also a lot worse that being flooded with refugees.

What if the sanctions were totally related to stopping the war machine of the regime, and not against it's people? I know these things still get corrupted, ( like the oil for food scandal in Iraq ), but couldn't this approach be followed.

I think they've had enough this time, and will take actions to reel Kim in, or take him out of power. . .

Comments?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I agree. I think China really has had enough of North Korea's antics. I would not be surprised if sometime in the near future China begins talking with other countries such as Japan, the U.S. etc. to lay down a plan to acquire financial support to assist in the possible flood of refuges, and then going forward with increased actions against North Korea.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Really?

North Korea is pretty much like a mad dog kept on leash by China. Every now and then it will try to charge at South Korea or Japan, and of course bark at US. And China definitely doesn't want that to change as she can threaten to unleash her pet should she wants something from US and gang.

I really doubt that China will fully adhere to those sanctions. Why would she want to lose her ultimate bargaining chip? Allowing NK to have nukes to akin to injecting that dog with rabies(hoping it will not bite back at you). Japan, Korea and even Taiwan should really consider to possess some nukes to tip the balance back.

As for the friendiness of China, let's talk all those coordinated assualts into US government computer systems, with their ISP linked to China? So thieves don't even bother to keep secret the address of their hideout?

[edit on 16-10-2006 by NotheRaGe]

join