It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Page Claims He Had Sex with Foley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
ABC news is reporting that the Los Angeles Times is reporting that an anonymous ex-page is reporting that he had sex with Mark Foley. The ex-page was 21 at the time of the alleged act. I'm not sure this is really newsworthy, anonymous consenting adults and all, but the fallout from Mark Foley's sexual escapades is likely to continue for years to come.

The Los Angeles Times is reporting today that a former House page claims he had sex with former Rep. Mark Foley. The sex took place when the page was 21, according to the report, which did not name the page. Foley, R-Fla., allegedly courted the young man when he was still working in the page program.

The L.A. Times report is the latest revelation in a scandal that initially centered on lewd electronic messages exchanged between Foley and underage pages. Each successive revelation has been seen deepening the troubles for Republicans in November's mid-term Congressional elections.

Before Foley resigned in disgrace more than a week ago, about 40 GOP seats were thought to be in play. Now, eight more may be competitive, including one held by the man charged with keeping Republicans in power, Rep. Tom Reynolds, R-N.Y.

abcnews.go.com

Foley Consuming GOP

Republicans hit by wave of political bad news

www.abqjournal.com...

[edit on 2006/10/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I wonder why an adult over the age of consent, felt the urge to come forward like this?

It's a little odd to me. Perhaps the bandwagon stopped by his house?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Same question...the guy was 21 and no longer under any control or perceived control of Foley, how much more consentual can you get than that?

Is he trying to pile on or exonerate?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think the article is a wonderful commentary on the current state of American journalism. In the absence of fact, irrelevant rumor will suffice.

The deterioration of the American media is dire loss for our country. When distinguished institutions like the New York Times can no longer differentiate between factual content and editorial opinion, but rather mix both freely on their front page, then who will hold anyone to a higher standard?

--Michael Crichton; Caltech Michelin Lecture; January 17, 2003

Aliens Cause Global Warming

SETI and the Drake Equation are Religion!

[edit on 2006/10/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I don't think people really want to keep hearing much about foley or these perverted happenings and rumors.
Why does the media have to keep drumming it into our heads? We got it already.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by elaine]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
so hes a gay man who had sex with a gay man. the man was 21. that's a year older then me, I personally feel I would be able to make such a decision.

If any thing Democrats should love him, being for gay rights and all huh?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
ABC news is reporting that the Los Angeles Times is reporting that an anonymous ex-page is reporting that he had sex with Mark Foley. The ex-page was 21 at the time of the alleged act. I'm not sure this is really newsworthy, anonymous consenting adults and all

A person in power taking advantage of a younger underling is an act of corruption, legal or otherwise. Just like with Clinton, or any of the other numerous politicans using their position to get sex.

Foley, R-Fla., allegedly courted the young man when he was still working in the page program.

The guy is a pig, and people in a position to do something about it say by and did nothing. Hell, they put this sexual predator on a committee responsible for....stopping sexual predators of children! Its outrageous. And without this, and probably more statements to come, people might be inclinded to think it was low key, or restricted to a few incidents, now we are seeing that Foley's abuse was rampant.

new topics

top topics

join