It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on terrorism scheduled to end on election day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Apparently congress has ordered the pentagon to set aside $20 million dollars for an end to the war on terrorism, victory party, which will be scheduled to end on the morning of Nov 07, 2006. President Bush will announce victory at 6am in a nationwide broadcast just as the polls open for voting, and will announce a new Federal Reserve holiday. Of course, the pentagon will be accepting corporate donations so that they can throw a bigger victory party.

Congress sets aside $20M for wars' ends

...the president could "designate a day of celebration" to honor troops serving in the two wars. The president also could call on the nation "to observe that day with appropriate ceremonies and activities" and issue awards to troops who have served honorably.

The Pentagon could spend up to $20 million of its $532 billion budget in 2007 for the commemoration, minus any private contributions it might receive for such an event.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
this surely has to be a joke, or a miscommunication.

When did this war end?
Does this mean that any attack from now on is a country sponsored thing? and that terrorists are no longer doing the dirty work ?

but i cant see the part in the link where it says the victory party will be on that day, and a decleration of success will be trumpeted?

It says 'IF the us is planning victory celebrations.......'

War on terror is NEVER going to be over..
Because for every person we murder... we breed a terrorists.. sometimes multiple.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is a joke. I have a friend of a friend who is shipping out on Monday for a year long deployment to Iraq. The word is that a further 80,000 will be deployed after the elections.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
this surely has to be a joke, or a miscommunication.

When did this war end?

Oh no joke, friends.

Victory is close.

Terrorism will be completely defeated within the next 5 weeks.

Last year, Bush administration and Pentagon officials had hoped thousands of troops could be brought home before the Nov. 7 elections.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Victory, is a long long long way away.
Havent you read the reports about Iraq making terrorism WORSE?
We still havent got osama
and the kingpins of sept11 are still in charge of the country.

So im afraid, any VICTORY celebrations for the War on Terror will go down in a ball of flames.. much like the mission accomplished sham.

How can any sane person say we're about to WIN this war on terror?

All we've done is bomb countries, capture and kill some arabs whom run about the hills with AK's and RPG's.

Some significant achievements will need to happen in the follow weeks..

IE

Osama, Alzawahiri and other accomplises are unveiled in cages on the whitehouse lawn

'' Loook, we gott'em ''

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This has to be a joke? Maybe Yahoo is making fun of Bush or something..

I mean.. think about it? Bush throws another victory party right before the elections and calls the troops home, meanwhile we all know things are getting WORSE, and no one would be that dumb to get caught up in the "celebrations" ... unless Bush really thinks propaganda is that easy... maybe it is?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
This has to be a joke? Maybe Yahoo is making fun of Bush or something..

It's an associated press story.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Your post is misleading
No where does it say that a party is happening ON THE DAY you specify.

It says IF they throw a party rah rah rah.

But, Im willing to bet you anything you want that terrorists will still exist in 5weeks + 1 day.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yeah I see that, I was just wondering if they where pulling a prank or something, though I see no reason why. This is honestly so confusing. What are your personal feelings toward this?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
??????????. I dont think this is serious,or maybe its a miscommunication. I dont see this happening,but if for some wierd chance it does..........i guess "wow" is the only response fitting for the situation.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Apparently congress has ordered the pentagon to set aside $20 million dollars for an end to the war on terrorism, victory party, which will be scheduled to end on the morning of Nov 07, 2006. President Bush will announce victory at 6am in a nationwide broadcast just as the polls open for voting, and will announce a new Federal Reserve holiday.

where did you get this information ?
please point it out to me where u found the schedual for president bush to announce victory ?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Apparently congress has ordered the pentagon to set aside $20 million dollars for an end to the war on terrorism, victory party, which will be scheduled to end on the morning of Nov 07, 2006. President Bush will announce victory at 6am in a nationwide broadcast just as the polls open for voting, and will announce a new Federal Reserve holiday.

please point it out to me where u found the schedual for president bush to announce victory ?

It's a prediction.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It's a prediction.

funny, I found the word ' apparently ' threw me off.
Id be careful, the way its worded makes me believe your article backs up your statement.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think it's a political move to make accept the people the wars and don't complain. Creating a feeling of victory when there's not at all, the average joe who believe Fox News and Bush Co will believe this kind of crap.

The medias are portraying Iraq and Afghanistan as bad, but in reality, it's even worse than that. And there's even a bigger cover-up about Afghanistan than Iraq.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I think it's a political move to make accept the people the wars and don't complain. Creating a feeling of victory when there's not at all, the average joe who believe Fox News and Bush Co will believe this kind of crap.

The medias are portraying Iraq and Afghanistan as bad, but in reality, it's even worse than that. And there's even a bigger cover-up about Afghanistan than Iraq.

They are gonna call the next war, "The war on dissension". Anyone who disagrees with it will be labelled as an enemy combatent, their stuff searched and seized, they will be locked up without due process, tried upon secret evidance and they will be torturred until they agree that they are a disenter. The precendant has now been set in a previous war, "The war on terrorism."

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I thnk some people are going a bitttt overboard with some factors as to what this government is doing.

There's no need, to go around locking up the public sector of this world...

The 'precendant' you speak off is being applied to arab men whom collaborate or are alqaeda.

IE

In sept11 time frame they had enormous trouble simply investigating laptops, suitcases, crap like that.. because there were so many bs red tape laws that restricted you from opening that case, without warrants, signed letters rah rah rah.

Now, it means if they believe strongly enough your going to bomb somewhere.. they can open your laptop there n then and investigate.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If i remember correctly bush said in a speech he wasnt gonna pull out as long as hes in office Bush speech on iraq

[edit on 14/6/2005 by hardcore14]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

which will be scheduled to end on the morning of Nov 07, 2006. President Bush will announce victory at 6am in a nationwide broadcast just as the polls open for voting, and will announce a new Federal Reserve holiday. Of course, the pentagon will be accepting corporate donations so that they can throw a bigger victory party.

This part of your post is fabricated. I thought it was against the board policy to knowingly post false information.

Warning
to others. Read the article. This is a fraudulent post

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
In nothing we trust, not buying into your interpretation of the article, plain and simple, but hey, no harm, no foul...

At any rate, just for you:
"Apparently they were for honoring the troops before they were against it".....

^^^
From your satire-riddled article. Thought it was more fitting than your interpretation.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardcore14
If i remember correctly bush said in a speech he wasnt gonna pull out as long as hes in office Bush speech on iraq

You must be mistaken. Bush already stated that the mission has been accomplished. Now they are planning on throwing the party. The party will be held on election day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join