It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did All The Crop Circles Go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
All across Canada harvest is pretty much wrapped up. Crops have been cut and harvested leaving very few signs of crop circles.

According to the Canadian Crop Circle Research Network (cccrn from this point on) there were only three formations this year.

In 2005 there were five formations

In 2004 there were 18 formations... whoa whoa wait a minute. Whats up with the big difference?

2003 - 17
2002 - 18
2001 - 15
2000 - 7
1999 - 16
1998 - 16
1997 - 2
1996 - 2
1995 - 1
1994 - 4
1993 - 10
1992 - 18
1991 - 10
1990 - 21
1989 - 2
1988 - 1
1984 - 1
1980 - 1
1978 - 4
1977 - 2
1976 - 2
1975 - 2
1974 - 11
1972 - 2
1971 - 1
1969 - 3
1968 - 1
1967 - 8
1966 - 2
1965 - 3
1964 - 1
1962 - 1
1954 - 2
1941 - 1
1925 - 1

More info can be found here: www.cccrn.ca...

So why do the numbers fluctuate? I think this is a pretty neat thing to look into.

Why 11 formations in 1974 but in 75 just 2?
Why the big jump during the early 90's?

If you have circles from 1925 and earlier... why the gaps in years then and not now?

I guess what Im asking is..... why the fluctuations? Hoaxers.... UFO's... whatever... whats with the numbers?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The guys that used to make them all got lives and other hobbies….

Second line to keep everyone happy...

[edit on 10/2/2006 by defcon5]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Is there a corresponding increase during the low years anywhere else? Maybe the crop circlists are on the euro tour this year or summat.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Yeah, they had their first kiss and discovered girls.......

It has often puzzled me how an intelligent race can believe that another intelligence would communicate with them by crushing crops and annoying farmers.

If I were intelligent I would make my presence known by a means other than winding up farmer Giles.

If an ethereal force were responsible surely it could muster more than a crop crushing parlour trick.

And if non earth entities were responsible, then surely they have advanced further than to crush crops with bits of wood or laser beams.............

And hey Dulcimer thats one fit Avatar......

[edit on 2-10-2006 by something smells]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by something smells
It has often puzzled me how an intelligent race can believe that another intelligence would communicate with them by crushing crops and annoying farmers.

Exactly…

You would think that a race that could come all the way across the galaxy to make itself know to us would at least have a clue of how radio waves worked, wouldn’t you?...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
yeah but if they are an ancient race who went down a differnet tech type tree they still might communicate like this, kinda like the eygption hyroglifics(spelling) they might be smart enough to travel across universe but to get that tech had to sacrifice other technology that we may take for granted just like we w=dont have all there tech either cos we have gone down a different path and invested in more of one tech then another.
hope that makes sense lol

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Dulcimer, there have been lower points before so what's the worry? If you look at the general trend there seems to be a general increase formed by cycles or highs and lows.

1967; 8

1974; 11

1990-1993; 59

1998-2004; 112

It would be worth working out the average per year etc but I'm too tired to do it now!

It is perhaps nore worrying that there is such an increase! It seems almost exponential! Can't wait to see what happens next!

Do you know what the figures are for other countries?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kupios
It would be worth working out the average per year etc but I'm too tired to do it now!

It is perhaps nore worrying that there is such an increase! It seems almost exponential! Can't wait to see what happens next!

Do you know what the figures are for other countries?

Well, it wasn't exactly a good way. 1998-2004 has many more years than 1990-1993, so that's skewed the result.

Take these for example:
1989-1991: 11
1992-1994: 10.6~
1995-1997: 1.6~
1998-2000: 13
2001-2003: 16.6~

Looks a lot less threatening than 8, 11, 59, 112, hey? That's what I don't like about statistics - you can use them to get any result you desire for whatever purpose, and it will, on a basic logical level, be true though somewhat deceptive.

Maybe I should've chosen lots of four years. Dividing by three to produce 0.6~ would probably just fuel people to think "why always 0.6~?" when it's just a matter of manipulating statistics.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here is a nice little image for you concerning just this:

Crop Circles Statistics 2006

Crop circles are something you don't seem to hear about so much these days, however it appears that they are still occurring. This site reports 47 circles for 2006.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I wonder how many more were intentionally covered up by farmers before the circles were reported. A couple hundred lookie-loos and conspiracy theorists wandering through your crops could do more damage than the original circle.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lfcozzie
yeah but if they are an ancient race who went down a differnet tech type tree they still might communicate like this, kinda like the eygption hyroglifics(spelling)

It’s kind of a stretch to say that civilizations that can transverse the universe would have no technology for dealing with radiant energy, that’s like saying they have no concept of mathematics. Radiated energy with different frequencies, including such things as radio, sound, and light waves fill the entire universe and are probably the most constant thing that can be found throughout it. Most scientists consider math to be the universal language, and thus so must radiated frequencies.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Maybe crop circles aren't an attempt at communication. Maybe they are "ART" created by entities that enjoy doodling on a nice surface, the same way I pass the time when work is slow. Could that also explain the variation from year to year.

However I think it is impossible for a primitive species such as ourselves to try and think like a species that can master time and space. As the corny old analogy says: Why try to teach a pig to play 7 card stud; It's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.

I think a paranormal explanation of Crop Circles is more likely though.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Maybe crop circles aren't an attempt at communication. Maybe they are "ART" created by entities that enjoy doodling on a nice surface.

That's correct. And here's a picture of one such entity.

Some of their work is quite pretty.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I got bored and am currently progressing on my plan to etch my ATS name on the moon.

Maybe crop circles aren't an attempt at communication. Maybe they are "ART" created by entities that enjoy doodling on a nice surface, the same way I pass the time when work is slow. Could that also explain the variation from year to year.

Yeah, those "entities" are bored Math and Engineering students.
We now do things like take apart cars and rebuild them in the lobby. That sort of thing. heh.

[edit on 3-10-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I'm so sick of people writing off all crop circles as hoaxes! If you bother to read up on the subject, you'd see that there are other forces involved here than geeks with rope and boards. I tried starting a debate about this in another tread, but once I made my statements the thread stopped... Can someone please give me one single piece of evidence that these things were made by humans? Remember, real formations - as opposed to hoaxes - are not trampled and broken. They are bent, and the plant is not damaged.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrLeary

I'm so sick of people writing off all crop circles as hoaxes! If you bother to read up on the subject, you'd see that there are other forces involved here than geeks with rope and boards. I tried starting a debate about this in another tread, but once I made my statements the thread stopped... Can someone please give me one single piece of evidence that these things were made by humans? Remember, real formations - as opposed to hoaxes - are not trampled and broken. They are bent, and the plant is not damaged.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will agree here.. It was 1989 and I was in highschool when I first heard about crop circles. I blew them off as I knew better at that young age to belive what I was told about crop circles. That they where FAKE! Pranks, holigans, rubbish!
The older I got the more compelled I was to read about them.. See Im from Iowa, and grew up around farms, and stuff like this.. As a youngester we would sneak on corn farms and try to make them.. Needless to say they looked crappy and didnt have any mathmatic method to them what so ever..
The more I read about them, the more I realize that something isnt natural about these circles.. Now in 2006 I am fully read up on the subject and know that farmers have been told not to delight crop circle nut cases! Dont let um on your land, roll over the crop asap, and dont tell anyone if you have a crop circle in your feild.. So now that word is out, Im sure there is a reason that more crop circles are not found. For the very reason that its being covered up..
Now those that dont belive about crop circles, I challange you to do some massive research into the matter! You will find yourself with more questions than when you started...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I actually think some crop circles are created by farmers, or people that know farmers.... I say this because I notice trends in my area.

There are more circles created during years with horrible crops than there are when its a bumper crop year.

I would consider this year pretty good. No circles.

A few years ago it was pretty much a disaster.... many circles.

Now Im pretty sure you dont get any crop insurance from crop circles (
) but maybe its just something to do for fun.

And Im pretty sure most farmers would report crop circles if they find one. That is, if they find it in time. Alot are found by air.

When you are on the ground its pretty hard to tell whats going on in the crop... you know, getting the big picture.

We get plenty of randomly downed areas (heavy crop, winds, hail).

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You know I had'nt thought of Crop Circles in a few years, so I had'nt
noticed if they were prevelanty or not.

It's interesting to see the different amounts in different years.

And we know there ot hoaxes, since crop circles have been reported
since the 18th century.

Dulcimer, do you mind if I create a thread about what causes Crop Circles,
or have you intended for this thread to go that way?

[edit on 10/3/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
you are free to create whatever you want

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
this isnt the other year without many
1990 - 21
1989 - 2
1988 - 1
1984 - 1
1980 - 1