It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We do not Love God, We have Nothing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
JebusSaves, imagine there are three types of people. One Loves God, the other hates God, and the other doesn't believe in God. Which would you trust to feed the needy for Eternity? I would place all my heart, sould, mind, and strength in the first type with God's Infinite Guidance.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
JebusSaves, imagine there are three types of people. One Loves God, the other hates God, and the other doesn't believe in God. Which would you trust to feed the needy for Eternity? I would place all my heart, sould, mind, and strength in the first type with God's Infinite Guidance.

I would trust the person who is doing it for the right reason - the one who realises that it is to feed the needy.
That, in my opinion, can be anyone irrelevent of their beliefs.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
JebusSaves, the person who did it for the right reason believed in something, that is to feed the needy. Through human experience, people who are Spiritual are more selfless, caring, and devoted to helping the needy than the non-spiritual are. For example. check out the donations to the poor that a local church makes. Belief creates Faith, Faith creates Longevity, and Longevity creates Eternity.

A person who hates God can create a nonprofit that feeds the hungry, but it might only last 1 week. A nonbeliever's non profit may last 2 years. A believer's nonprofit could last 100+ years as the Infinite Creator of the Universe, God, has blessed it.

We reap only what we sow, and devotion to God is the way to develop Godlike qualities and to develop Love for Him and His Creation.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
See, to me your words are sounding less like something you believe and more like you are trying to convince yourself that you are a good person.
Please do not take that as an insult, as we all need to, at some point, question this about ourselves as it is that answer that we need to drive us forward.

Your last comment fails however as you seemingly put a 'price' on how much people without the Love of God in their hearts will achieve.
It matters not how much they do achieve, it is the fact that not only are they able and willing, but that they do.
I have met people of Faith that lack the last one and met people without that do.

You ask yourself which is more important. To love your fellow man or to Love God. As a man of faith you cannot say the most important is to love your fellow man, nor can you say it is equal. God is your savior, he is your reason. You place him second then you are doing his a disservice. HOWEVER, you ask those who don't have this love but are decent honest and just people, they only have one answer...and thats their fellow man because God does not enter their equation.

People who help because it is the right thing to do, no matter what they have in their hearts, these are the truest of good and they do not need God in their hearts to do it, which Ironically would make them most pleasing to God.
These people are truly the most selfless as they have no reason to do what they do other than it helps their brethren.

As I myself have a Love for God, i do understand why you believe what you believe, but you really need to spend time with good, honest non-believers.

I take it from your comments that you actively try to help people whenever and whereever you can and that should be commended, but you shouldn't try and down play the great things that people without faith do as that is a disservice to your fellow man and a disservice to the Almighty.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
JebusSaves, Life is not a race between Believers and non-believers in what they can accomplish. Rather, Life is about Loving God. "Whoever boasts, should boast in the Lord." 2 Corinthians 10:17

Ask an atheist or an agnostic not what he or she can accomplish, but how he or she can be converted to a realm of understanding that only belief and faith in an All-Loving God can give.

Atheists and agnostics fail to give any credit to the Infinitely Great God, who has created universes, galaxies, solar systems, stars, planets, cells, molecules, atoms, subatomic particles, hearts, souls, minds..., for anything good in their lives. The atheists and agnostics because of their Spiritual bankruptcy cause enormous problems on earth and in the Afterlife. Atheists and agnostics are the most selfish people in the world. Any "good" acts performed by atheists and agnostics are under delusion and false pretenses.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Ask an atheist or an agnostic not what he or she can accomplish, but how he or she can be converted to a realm of understanding that only belief and faith in an All-Loving God can give.

And do you know what that "belief and faith in an All-Loving God can give" is. It is the blind yearning for life to have meaning. Man is afraid that his actions on earth cannot defeat this thing called death. So he dreams of a "God" to save him where his science can't.

Atheists and agnostics fail to give any credit to the Infinitely Great God, who has created universes, galaxies, solar systems, stars, planets, cells, molecules, atoms, subatomic particles, hearts, souls, minds..., for anything good in their lives. The atheists and agnostics because of their Spiritual bankruptcy cause enormous problems on earth and in the Afterlife. Atheists and agnostics are the most selfish people in the world. Any "good" acts performed by atheists and agnostics are under delusion and false pretenses.

I take offense to that. Must be my "Spiritual bankruptcy", but I try to be a good person in this world without constantly falling to my knees. Now I could say look at all the people in the world who have been killed by religious nuts, but this is no better than the broad generalization that you are creating. Not all religious people are wacko, though one must ask themselves what corrupts men more. Religion or a lack there of. What ideology takes control of a person, and binds them to it upon pain of "Hell"? What ideology takes away free will?

It seems that your "God" is absolute, well...

absolute power corrupts absolutely

www.phrases.org.uk...

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

JebusSaves, Life is not a race between Believers and non-believers in what they can accomplish. Rather, Life is about Loving God. "Whoever boasts, should boast in the Lord." 2 Corinthians 10:17

Tell you what I will completely give over my life and believe wholeheartedly in jesus, god, the whole shebang if you GIVE UP ALL of your religious beliefs on jesus and god and become an Atheist.

Its a fair enough trade - you want me to change then I want you to change. If you CANT do it then WHY THE FECK should I???????

G

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
shihulud, I would give up my life to ensure your Eternal Salvation and Eternal Bliss in Heaven. I, however, will never give up or renounce my belief or faith in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. In other words, I would die in faith ensuring that you reach Heaven and stay in Heaven.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Whether or not there is any type of God, I'm not supposed to say. And today, I don't really care.

God is a word, and the argument ends there.

Stop trying to convert people. Everyone goes to Heaven.

[edit on 6/10/06 by MacDonagh]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
God is nothing as it can't be proved regardless if there is one. We if we love god we can't prove it's real then to us it's nothing. The diferance is?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The atheists and agnostics because of their Spiritual bankruptcy cause enormous problems on earth and in the Afterlife. Atheists and agnostics are the most selfish people in the world. Any "good" acts performed by atheists and agnostics are under delusion and false pretenses.

So, according to you, oh enlightened GreatTech, those who have no relation to "your" god in any way are less than those who worship your god?
Athiests and Agnostics are selfish and any "good" acts they perform are not actually deemed as good acts because they don't follow your faith???
How can you justify any acts you perform as good just because you have found a god? You are very close minded and arrogant and seriously need to stop waffling your bible crap all over this site (are you going for mass points or something??). This is a paranormal and conspiracy theory site....not an affiliate of Pat Robertson's, mate!!!

Your attitude is comparible to those of the muslim extremists! Trying to force something you deem as necessary on those who live quite happily without it.
Get over yourself dude. Go and get a hobby or something!

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I would change the title of the topic to:

"If we don't feel right, we have nothing"
To love god is to live in harmony amongst other things and do great things. In fact I don't think you need to believe in god, but if you feel fine and you are doing good things you are loving god in the same way.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Wow ... I wish I could find religion so I could know in my heart just how much better I am than my fellow man.

I perform good acts because I care about my fellow man ... not because I am worried what some "god" may judge of me when I die. If I lead a good and clean life, helping my fellow man and being charitable when possible and this "god" casts me out of his "heaven" then maybe I don't really want to be around someone so close-minded.

How come we are supposed to credit "god" with all the good in our lives (family, frineds, successes, etc) but if something bad is to happen then it's either his mysterious plan, the devil or just a bad individual. If "god" wants credit for the good then he needs to take credit for allowing the bad to happen ... is he not "all powerful and all knowing"? If he doesn't take credit for the bad (individual choices and all that) then he shouldn't get credit for the good (same individual choices).

[edit on 10/8/2006 by SmallMindsBigIdeas]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
SmallMindsBigIdeas, bad or evil only occurs for the Greater Good. Bad and evil are learning instruments for what is Great and Pure. Never pose humans as equal or greater than God.

As a human being, God granted you your first subatomic particle, atom, molecule, cell, and human entirety. Never conflict with God. Even in your perception that all humans can survive in opposition to God, think again. God granted life and He alone should be worshiped and part of this worship is to love other human beings, but it also means to never desecrate His Name or Being!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
We can have a food supply for 100 years. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

Beg to differ. I could eat which in turn would allow me the strength to go out and help people. Or at the very least give me something to nibble on when Stargate SG-1 is on.

i second the nibbling while watching stargate sg-1

how many people has jesus clothed?

how many has he fed?

how many people's lives has he saved?

how many famines did he end?

how many diseases has he cured?

if you have jesus, what do you have?

i say you have a hungry, naked, homeless majority and an incredibly wealthy majority

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
madnessinmysoul, I believe that God's resume begins "I created Heaven and Earth." I am still trying to find a human or other being resume that comes close.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

madnessinmysoul, I believe that God's resume begins "I created Heaven and Earth." I am still trying to find a human or other being resume that comes close.

That is a belief not an actual fact though isn't it?

The problem with using a belief to downgrade someone elses comments that are closer to fact than the belief is simply that you cannot prove yours.

Yesterday I went to my local market. I bought a large joint of beef, along with enough potatoes and vegetables to feed ten people. On my way home, i saw 8 homeless people and offered them a cooked meal(i've done this once a month since i was 19) to which 6 of them agreed.
I fed them, allowed them use of my bathroom for a shower and gave them some money. It was only a small amount, it was all I could afford for I am not a rich man, I simply use the money i require and give the rest to people who need it.

That is something I do every month.
My point is, that I can prove. That i did and have evidence.
'Creating the Earth and Humanity' except for the fact we are here, there is no proof.
HOWEVER, scientifically, it can be almost without doubt proven that a random convergence of coincidences is why the Earth, the Solar System and Human Life is here.

Now, don't think my comment is suggesting there is no God.
I'm just saying that belief isn't proof, its just belief.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join