It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the attacks on USA soil?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is a valid point. When one thinks about it, one can really see how easy it would be. If they want to 'terrorize us' why aren't doing just that? 9/11/01 did wound us, but how many other plots have been carried out by the terrorists on US soil since? Not too many.

If the enemy wanted to, they could have 1 suicide bomber take out a lot of people once a week. How many weeks would it take for us to destroy this entire planet in a war against terror?

Creepy thoughts

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is precisely the problem. 'Terror' is not their goal. 911 was designed to destroy our economy. Thereby tying up our ability to project power. I don't beleive they are interested in terror for terror's sake. They are going for the throat, while some of us think they are putting on a haunted house to scare us.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
This is precisely the problem. 'Terror' is not their goal. 911 was designed to destroy our economy.

- Why do you say that? I understand the idea that WTC stood for commerce, but so does wall street and if they wanted to hit a solely American thing they could have dropped the pentagon plane and the other one to more commerce targets. 911 was designed though.

Thereby tying up our ability to project power. I don't beleive they are interested in terror for terror's sake. They are going for the throat, while some of us think they are putting on a haunted house to scare us.

- Going for the throat? How? Do you wound an animal and then not go in for the kill when it has shown itself to be toothless against hit and run(Or hit and die as the case is) attacks. That isn't a slant against the military or the US as a whole. No one can defend against someone without a uniform and is willing to blow themselfs up to kill you as well. There is just none. Militaries are designed and bred to kill - but kill another soldier on a battlefield, hopefully according to the rules of war. Once the battles are no longer under those terms the effectiveness of the military drops somewhat.

A tiger can take out just about any other animal - but against a sworm of horrents, it is always forced to run away.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Good thread...

This has been one of my biggest arguements since thias whole WOT crap started.

If there was a real Jihad against us there would be schools, gas stations, malls, ball games, post offices... anything and everything... wouold be blowing up somewhere in this country every day... But nothing.. absolutely nothing.

These "terrorists" are smart enough to fool the most advanced military and intelligence communities in the world... yet they are not smart enough to go to home depot and make an IED to taker some infidels out without some grand "terrorist conspiracy"?
Please, how stupid does this govt. think we are? dont answer that.

This whole WOT has been way overblown right from the get go...
Not to mention India is blaming Pakistan SS; or ISI. for the 7/11 bombings... can you say govt sponsored terrorism.. just like 911 here.

You have an enemy....aka Alquaida... then you use them(or their name) to attack america.. but theres a problem.. this boogeyman is not nearly as big as the govt. makes them out to be.. so what do we do.. we invade two countries and manufacture REAL enemies... then your arguement is legitimized because now there are lots of valid enemies for the US to fight.

This is a sick sick game and the only ones winning are our govt. But they arent beating the terrorists...the govt. is beating us instead.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The only thing worse than having an enemy, is being unable to come to grip's with the fact that you have an enemy.

So when they nuke a city or two, you'll be waiting to throw in against the government, saying they were behind it? With citizen's like that, who need's enemie's?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What if you're wrong? What if everything is actually as it appear's? I mean it seem's logical that if you have a truly open mind, you would have to consider that possibilty. What side would you be on then?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The only thing worse than having an enemy, is being unable to come to grip's with the fact that you have an enemy.

So when they nuke a city or two, you'll be waiting to throw in against the government, saying they were behind it? With citizen's like that, who need's enemie's?

If it were not for vigilant citizens such as myself... and many on this board and fighting our leadership to maintain our rights; this country would already be completely overrun by the Corporate Fascists that are invading us as we speak. So dont try to label us as enemies just because we choose to NOT believe everything we are told by a govt. that has a horrendous track record concerning the "truth" about ANYTHING. And really whats with the nuke analogy... do you want to sdee nukes go off in America just so you can be proven right about those of us who dare question the omnipetent govt.?

We have an enemy alright and it is more than a vastly overblown Al Qauida.... Remember.. we are to protect this nation form enemies both foreign AND DOMESTIC!

What if you're wrong? What if everything is actually as it appear's? I mean it seem's logical that if you have a truly open mind, you would have to consider that possibilty. What side would you be on then?

Ohh my mind is open..good sir.. but the evidence to the contrary keeps mounting on a daily basis. If the Govt. is truly on the up and up then they have nothing to fear from 'we the people' in this matter. But the reality of course is that they have lied at EVERY given opportunity and they have noty earned my trust.

BTW...for HimWhoHathAnEar:
First off.. thanks for serving this country in the Military...

I am not saying there is no Al Quaida and that they are not a threat.. I just dont believe they are as big of a threat as our illustrious ledaers make them out to be. And I do not for one moment like where our policy decisions have taken us since 911.

[edit on 9/30/2006 by TONE23]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samblack
I like to keep an open mind on both sides conspiracy/official info,but why hasnt the USA been attacked if these Muslim extremists really hate us?

If terrorist's really wanted to attack us they could with hardly any problems,....... go to my local walmart or gun shop and buy gunpowder to build some sort of device in less then 24 hours?

It just doesnt make sense to me.

it doesn't make sense because AQ or Jihad or Mujahadeen were not the originators of the 9-11 events. AQ was only a late comer $$ sponser for the cadre of zealots
who piloted the airliners and organized around the Atta person to facilitate the mission.
the US Embassies in Africa, the barracks in the Middle East, the USS Cole did had some involvement by AQ, Jihad or some other, what we call, terrorist orginization.

but the whole anti-Islamist, kill AQ, snuff Jihad, War-on-Terror enemies
do not operate in that type of power projection mode. You may say that the 9-11 attacks are proof that AQ does indeed have a long range goal and a methodology to accomplish terror attacks including attacks inside the USA itself...
Ah-Ha! that is merely the 'Mystique' that PNAC, administration neoCons, Bush&Co. have given AQ/Jihad/etc ...for the purpose of prosecuting a war-on-terror

There have been no organized operation in the US because these 'sleeper cells'
and some monolithic Islamic Jihad inspired org bent on terror within the US does not exist at this time. AQ & the Taliban & AQ-in-Iraq find it relatively easy to have the american power & military come into their own back-yard. on their turf. and fight against us/the West there

every military base, outpost, every Embassy, of the US, in any country is considered an extension of the USA....so the insurgents in Iraq/Afghanistan
are in a technical sense attacking America(by extension)
they don't need to bring the sabotages or IEDs to the US mainland
WE are bringing the US to them, at great cost in lives, materials, world opinion,
prestige & influence

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think the recently verified NSA telephone monitoring helped out tremendously.

I also think there is a secret threat to bomb Mecca if anything like 9/11/01 happens again.

But mostly I credit the Bush Administration with their aggresive war on terror.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
As someone mentioned earlier there have been some "attacks" by individuals. Running down of folks with cars, shootings etc but often the radical muslim parts of the stories are downplayed by the media. I bet there have been at least 8 or 9 such incidents.

Until something major happens, you have to conclude the changes in policy after 9/11 are having an effect.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
As someone mentioned earlier there have been some "attacks" by individuals. Running down of folks with cars, shootings etc but often the radical muslim parts of the stories are downplayed by the media. I bet there have been at least 8 or 9 such incidents.

Until something major happens, you have to conclude the changes in policy after 9/11 are having an effect.

Those are not terrorist actions in anything but the most lose definition. Anyone with an internet connection (Or library card) can get all the information one needs to do real damage. WHat you, and the other poster, are refering to are crimes from lunutics who also happen to be Muslim, or possibly the worst case scenerio of an individual who delusionally beleives he is involved with something(The same way some people beleive they are about to be beemed up to a passing comet for ever lasting life. Wierd? Yes! Crazy? Absolutely! A terrorist? Not really).

The more I think about it the more it seems like a strawman issue.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I think the recently verified NSA telephone monitoring helped out tremendously.

I also think there is a secret threat to bomb Mecca if anything like 9/11/01 happens again.

But mostly I credit the Bush Administration with their aggresive war on terror.

RR--

What "aggressive war on terror"?

I can't believe that you actually advocate bombing one of the greatest Religious Shrines in the world in retribution to a terror attack on the US. Mecca is no less sacred to Islam than the Vatican is to Catholics. I, for one, am sick of the popular idea that "all Islamics are Radical Jihadists"--that the "Christian Right" actually is--and that "it's ok" for the US Government in general, and Bush in particular, to do as he darned well pleases and throw the Constitution out the window in the process--because he, Cheney, and Rummy find it "too restrictive". The Law is always "restrictive" --that's why we have it.

Understand that the Radical Element in Islam--the Jihadists of which Hezbollah, Al-Qiada, and the Taliban are the "king-pins" are not at all representitive of Islam. They are a small, radical faction, and one no different that the Christian Right. The Islamic Fundamemtalists have rewritten the Qu'ran and mis-interpreted it, turning the words of The Prophet to their own ends; and the Christian Right has done no less than the same thing exactly in their continuing bid to bring about Armegedon.

Bombing Mecca is something we must prevent ever happening at the hands, or even the blame, of America. This is a sure fire way to turn all of Islam against the US forever; making as it would, the words of the Jihadists true.

Understand this, as well; "Two Lies don't make a Truth". Who is lying, here? BOTH sides. Who is caught in the middle? US, and by that I mean the citizens of this Country, and the Islamic innocent who truly believe in Allah and the words of Muhammad, and live their way, and the Jews who do the same.

For what it's worth, I happen to agree with most of the Islamic Clerics in that the Way and the Place to meet Minds is when Christian, Jew, and Islamic remember the Teachings of Abraham, and notably of that, that "All Men are Brothers". Me, I am neither Christain, Islamic, nor Jew. I am Native American. I cannot,and do not, advocate the paradigm of Humans killing Humans in the name of God. I also do not advocate the pan-religious and modern paradigm of "Pray and wait for the Hands of God to move"---knowing, as I do, that ours ARE the Hands of God. That being the case, Pray, if you do that, that we finally understand our proper place on this Earth, and be about our Father's real business--Christian, Jew, and Islamic alike--and get out from under the thumbs of the "few", and into the Liberty and Freedom of All.

Al Sallam as Allahma

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc

Fair comment, are you counting the "bombing" at the U.S. football game? (which was played down and didnt even reach the media in the UK ( A U.S. friend sent me a link to a local paper - not even sure it reached your nationals)

Its not just aimed at America or even Europe

Its a worldwide problem

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted by waitingtoawake
Wierd? Yes! Crazy? Absolutely! A terrorist? Not really).

This statement show's a total disconnect with the personage of the enemy. A kind of 'motherly denial'. It is not a big stretch for me to say terrorist's are weird & crazy!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well our government makes it seem like every terrorist attack that this country would get has to planned for months to complete or the attackers need permission from Alquiada to initiate the attacks?If this holds true then this war isnt really a threat at all because were not getting attacked.I don't believe any of this jibberish it's just propoganda..Bush just got caught lieing again saying were winning the war,but that recent document says other wise.

So every bomb going off in Iraq takes months to plan and requires approval from certain leaders to do so,I dont think so.How many bombs go off in Iraq a day?like 100.If they wanted to terrorize us they would be doing it alot more often with just simple bombs.I can understand that a large attack every 5-10 years would take some planning but is it really worth blowing up countries to hell just because we get attacked once every 10 years and get 1000 people killed?If thats the way our Government looks at it then this war will never end and this great country of the USA will fold and go bankrupt on itself.

One HUGE problem were going to face in the coming years is the military,nobody is going to want to join the military to fight this stupid war,then they will create a draft and all hell will break loose within the USA.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted by waitingtoawake
Wierd? Yes! Crazy? Absolutely! A terrorist? Not really).

This statement show's a total disconnect with the personage of the enemy. A kind of 'motherly denial'. It is not a big stretch for me to say terrorist's are weird & crazy!

I disagree, I'd say that it perfectly shows those that have been caught. I would submit, that given historical evidense, the proof that is on the table, and the history of the BUsh admin - I will be so bold as to suggest to you that your fears were played on, and they induced a boogy-man to which they have given conflicting rationals too and conflicting interests(Which if you have been paying attention you would know would have had to happen to continue to maintain the fear from 911).

Your last sentence is equal with "All horses are animals, all eagles are animals, therefore all horses are eagles.". In other words, while being a terrorist would probably mean you are wild and crazy - being wild and crazy does NOT make you a terrorist.

Seriously, are all American this timid?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23

If it were not for vigilant citizens such as myself... and many on this board and fighting our leadership to maintain our rights; this country would already be completely overrun by the Corporate Fascists that are invading us as we speak.

[edit on 9/30/2006 by TONE23]

Please, TONE23 tell me how you, and the other members on this board, are "fighting our leadership to maintain our rights" from the "Corporate Fascists that are invading us as we speak"?

Seems to me all you guys do is sit and chat and exchange information relevant to a particular view.

Bush was all action and no theory.

You guys are all theory and no action.

Maybe we should lift ourselves out of these comfortable chairs and do something about the erosion of our liberties.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreyBush was all action and no theory.

You guys are all theory and no action.

Maybe we should lift ourselves out of these comfortable chairs and do something about the erosion of our liberties.

LOL!! So true huh! LOL!!

Have you ever seen the movie "Waking Life"? The same phrase is in there. A few guys are walking down the street espousing these high minded ideals and philosophies. The run acrosss this old man sitting on the top of a pole. They ask him what he's doing there and he responds he doesn't know, but doesn't need any help so the guys walk away calling the old man crazy, until one of them points out he is no crazier than they are. Them being all theory and no action, and him being all action and no theory...

Anyway, I would love to help but being a Canadian the POTUS would declare me a combatant and send me away. I'll wait until the US invades Canada before I start to sharpen weapons, but for the average american I am not sure what they could do.

There is a real problem though(On both sides of the border) with people being too comfortable to actually fight it. As an older friend(Who agrees with Bush on most things) points out - how upset can you be? You live in a first world nation, with first world comforts and first world protection. You can eat what you want, when you want, and are more or less free to go where you want. I may not agree with his whole philosophy but he raises a good point. As Marvin Hagler said "It's hard to go out running at 4am when you are slipping in silk pajama's", obviously meaning that once you have the trapings of a championship, it becomes much harder to do those things that brought you there in the first place. I suspect the west in general is going through something similar.

How does a society break itself from lethergy?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
One way is to actually defend itself. Not count on it's neighbor to do so. And worse yet, criticize them for it!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

So every bomb going off in Iraq takes months to plan and requires approval from certain leaders to do so,I dont think so.How many bombs go off in Iraq a day?like 100.

It's good to see the actual point of your thread being illustrated more directly. It was somewhat clouded by the whole 'Homeland Attack's' facade. More Anti-WOT propaganda! There is no enemy!, There is no enemy!, There is no enemy!, ......................... Eye's shut, finger's in ear's, tongue waging.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join