It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Breaking News" Iraq now under 36 hour curfew(Updated)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
A 36 hour curfew has been put into place in Iraq until 6a.m Sunday morning.
70 million Iraqis are now on lock down.No reason has been given for this curfew.
I always assumed this was only used when "big" things were about to take place,i.e elections.But seeing as thats not the reason for this one,anyone care to speculate?

Theres no link to the story as of yet.
This is "Breaking" news. Further information can be seen on CNN(Whuch has broke this story)

[edit on 29-9-2006 by Black_Fox]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
probably due to the rapant increase in attacks of late...
including the supply line getting hit...

also consider that our men and women live in a city filled with possible enemys.

right now, the iraqis in the green zone are friendly, but that could change overnight, and become a trap for our people living there...

I hope not, but we have been misunderstanding the whole situation for some time...

If we had a clue, we would have declared a truce with one side or the other (sunni, shia) and given support where needed...
Instead, we demonize one as terrorists (suni) and then we go harrass the other sides main support (iran-shia)
they are fighting each other, and we are fighting both... hardly seems logical.
especially as we are trying to "bring peace and democracy" to the region...

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
70 Million? No wonder there is a lockdown, they've bread like Rabbits since Thursday!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
70 Million? No wonder there is a lockdown, they've bread like Rabbits since Thursday!

Yeah sure would be like rabbits and super rabbits at that
I missed that, two times what the cia fact book estimates, also sounds like a rumor or some cub reporter jumped the gun without checking since CNN has not had any mention of this in the past 45 mins.

[edit on 9/29/2006 by shots]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

(MSNBC)-MSNBC News Services BAGHDAD - Iraq’s government shut down the capital with a curfew from Friday night until Sunday morning, ordering all cars and pedestrians off the streets, but giving no reason for the measure.

Link to story and video here at MSNBC
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm guessing there's going to be a move made against Sadr city, but I have no information supporting that theory.

Just a hunch.

Something's got to be done about the issue if American forces are planning on a long stay in Iraq, and it's a matter of sooner or later as far as I can tell. Later means more hassle and more bodies, more incoming fire, more disgruntled grunts. As far as I can tell, there aren't any good reasons to hold off on the offensive. It's going to be ugly whether it's done now or later, and it's going to be unpopular regardless, so get it over with.

I think that's the logic anyway.

There also could have been a threat delivered that hasn't been made public.

Keep an eye open...

Edit to add this:

www.foxnews.com...

A source at the Interior Ministry, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk with the press, said "intelligence information on the security situation made a curfew necessary" but refused further details.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Now that sounds more like it "Curfew locks down Baghdad until Sunday". There is a big difference between the whole of Iraq 70 Million (cough cough twice the normal amount cough) and just Baghdad as you originally stated.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Now that sounds more like it "Curfew locks down Baghdad until Sunday". There is a big difference between the whole of Iraq 70 Million (cough cough twice the normal amount cough) and just Baghdad as you originally stated.

There is no way the troops that are there, with the Iraqi troops, could enforce the state wide curfew.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
"Now that sounds more like it "Curfew locks down Baghdad until Sunday". There is a big difference between the whole of Iraq 70 Million (cough cough twice the normal amount cough) and just Baghdad as you originally stated".

I was reporting as i heard it originaly on CNN,my apologies.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Didn't the head of Al Queda in Iraq just make a tape asking for the insurgents/rebels/freedom fighters
?knuckleheads to join him in kidnapping foreigners and torturing them? Also there was some recent statement from Al Queda that there would be chem/bio/nuke attacks on troops? Things could just be getting nastier, and maybe the coalition forces are just buying some time to pull something off.

Baghdad is getting to be pretty violent, maybe we should let the marines "Fallujah" them.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

(MSNBC)-MSNBC News Services BAGHDAD - Iraq’s government shut down the capital with a curfew from Friday night until Sunday morning, ordering all cars and pedestrians off the streets, but giving no reason for the measure.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

That video stated something about a suspected Coup against the new Iraqi government!

Anyone have any sort of info on this?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

A 36 hour curfew has been put into place in Iraq until 6a.m Sunday morning.
70 million Iraqis are now on lock down.No reason has been given for this curfew.
I always assumed this was only used when "big" things were about to take place,i.e elections.But seeing as thats not the reason for this one,anyone care to speculate?

Theres no link to the story as of yet.
This is "Breaking" news. Further information can be seen on CNN(Whuch has broke this story)

It's another lockdown of Baghdad. There is a BIG difference, Baghdad is NOT Iraq. They probably got some intel on a rash of potential car bombs or something.

Same old fecal matter, different pile.

top topics

join