It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are they going to do next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
How many people will die if they fly a plane into a packed sport stadium? I wonder what the terrorists are going to do next? I wonder when the next terrorist attack will be? I wonder where will they strike next?

Any ideas? I want to know what targets might be on their list? Why would they strike on a certian date or how will they strike? What are the most probable senarious and what might happen afterwards if what you think could happen actually does happen?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If I were strategically attacking America using the means of a terrorist, I would personally coordinate a strike on energy and communications. That would be a strategic strike and very easy to do.

I am not sure if terrorists actually hate all Americans or just the government as there is too much propoganda for me to sort out right now, but if it were solely to weaken America, then the above targets would be my goals. Attacking civilians actually strengthens the victims resolve and does nothing to weaken an opponent significantly.

If I were a terrorist, I would organize a synchronous attack on power grids and telecommunication towers and maybe a limited amount of civilian targets for the purpose of spreading fear, but not too much of that. I think a mix of civilian casualties and actual strategic targets would have to be met, but mostly infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
i don't condone terrorist acts, but it seems to me that 9/11 was a terribly unthought out act. it would have been much simpler for them to just fly in a small personal aircraft carrying an explosive device with say some radioactive element and powdered ceramic and detonate it in the air probably around three hundred feet up......the resulting radioactive dust would raindown, depending on prevailing winds, could go much farther and incur much more damage to local populations. that combined with an aforementioned infrastructure attack would have worked enourmous amounts of damage. thousands more would have been affected, and with infrastructure down.......well i think you understand the enormous deathtoll that would ensue.

so really we're all lucky that the perpetraitors weren't a little more intelligent.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I dont agree with anything uve just said optimus... simpler in what fact?

Acquiring a light aircraft?
Acquiring explosives?
Acquiring radioactive material?
Acquiring ceramic dust....

Managing to take off without raising concern from ground control?
flying around manhatten in an unregistered, un known aircraft failing to respond to calls?

The resulting dust would of surely dont some damage to people... but it could be cleaned up, people treated... and damage repaired ( if ne )

If indeed it was muslim terrorists unabaided by US authorities.. managing to bring down the towers in my mind is a major fete... i'd never call it a 'unthought out act' at all...

the managed to destroy the two biggest towers, using nothing but skills they had learnt in american training facilities.. and some simple box cutters...

they seemed to have the whole thing planned out..

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Don't you think that it is still possible for them to hijack a plane? If they want to kill thousands they could fly them into stadiums where thousands of people are watching their favorite sport. There are multiple games on at the same time. A well coordinated attack could see 250 000 people die at one time. I hope I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I don't believe ATS is a COINTELPRO, as some members seems to do. But I do believe some members are undercover agents. One thing I do know, politicians and terrorists alike will LOVE your worries. It's what it's all about, to scare the sh#t out of you, so constitutional rights and civil liberties can be taken from you without any objections or much exposure.

Stop your worries, they won't do no good to you or anybody - except your congressman. Go tend your flowers, care for your children or neighbors - that will make a better world, not worries.

After all if such things should happen, God forbid it, you can do nohing about it, but positive thoughts might.

If it do happen Could be you've asked for it.

Think positive folks, and keep an eye on what your government is doing. THAT is worth worries.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think the next attack will be a nuclear one.

TG

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think a nuclear attack is a real possibility. They want something much bigger than sept 11th.

They could simultaneously explode say a dozen "dirty bombs" in various locations on Manhattan and although there wouldnt be 1000s of people killed they would have to evacuate Manhattan and I doubt anyone would be going back for some time. That would be bigger than 9/11 disruption wise anyway.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I think that of all places, the White House and Washington seems to me would be the main target. A nuclear explosion in Washington could have major implications. Can anybody perhaps elaborate on what could happen if the President and vice President and the White House and the Pentagon etc. was destroyed in a well planned nuclear terrorist attack?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Your Master
I think that of all places, the White House and Washington seems to me would be the main target. A nuclear explosion in Washington could have major implications. Can anybody perhaps elaborate on what could happen if the President and vice President and the White House and the Pentagon etc. was destroyed in a well planned nuclear terrorist attack?

I recall this very scenario being discussed a few years ago on a news show. They have in place instructions for the establishment of a "shadow goverment". Can you imagine a nuke going off in D.C. or anywhere else in the country for that matter? Perish the thought....

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
From a previous posting:

"If the US is attacked again, on a par with the scale of 9/11, I'd expect a train-borne chemical attack on one or more major cities.

Given the hazardous, even deadly, materials transported through the heart of some of our largest cities by train, given the predictability of those shipments and their accessabilty to tampering, I'm amazed nothing has happened yet.

As with the hijackers of 9/11, learning to run a train is made simple by the commercial availibilty of detailed computer simulation games. And there are no Air Marshalls aboard freight trains!

Model train enthusiasts across the country have faithfully recreated routes and terrain, to scale, of virtually every mile of track laid across the Nation; perfect for determining assault points. Take your digital camera to the next model train show and plot your strategies. Remember, it's all to scale!

Butane, Propane, Chlorine, Flourene, Anhydrous Ammonia, liquid oxygen, Nitric, Sulfuric and Hydrochloric Acids all there on the hoof, clearly labeled on the very cars themselves, if you can read the codes (just study up on haz-mat procedures).

Heck, you don't even need to be suicidal, Allah be Praised! Just slap an explosive package on the appropriate tank car and let a cheap GPS device trigger the detonation. Who's going to check every square inch of a two mile long freight train?"

Update: I've spoken with an ardent train enthusiast to confirm the basic points in my "Next Attack" scenario above. As it turns out, such an attack would be even easier to accomplish than I had first supposed. One concern I had was, in light of the risk posed by these rolling bombs, that some sort of "on-board" video surveillence system may have been incorporated.

My fears were unfounded. It appears that the only monitoring system a rolling train utilizes is an "End-of-Train-Device"; it's only function is to alert the train's engineer to problems with the train's wheels, brakes and couplers.

Imagine the economic "mass destruction" shutting down the nation's freight railways, it's primary means transporting its consumer goods, food, produce and raw manufacturing materials, would cause!

P.S. : For what it is worth, as I set out to write this particular post, I experienced an extremely strong sense of "Deja Vu". I have these "flashes" often enough to have come to accept them as a kind of "life-path checkpoint": a sort of message from Fate that I'm on a high-probability course.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Your Master
How many people will die if they fly a plane into a packed sport stadium? I wonder what the terrorists are going to do next? I wonder when the next terrorist attack will be? I wonder where will they strike next?

Any ideas? I want to know what targets might be on their list? Why would they strike on a certian date or how will they strike? What are the most probable senarious and what might happen afterwards if what you think could happen actually does happen?

Your welcome to worry. But please don't give the crazier muslims of this world ideas. We don't need another nut who can't get anywhere in the world to go crazy and do this again. I think I would almost breakdown again, if there was another 9/11, and I know I can't take that pain again.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Lets say that something does happen. Maybe on a bigger scale than even 9.11.2001. What would the reaction of the government be? How will that change the policies or perhaps will they decide on going to war against another country again?

top topics

join