It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN vs FOX News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I just kept wondering about these news networks that are being in control by good ol' America Government. I'm American myself and I keep ask myself this question and I decide to express it to this site. Why they keeps going on using this term about Osama bin Laden's group, CNN would call them Al-Qaida while FOX call them Al-Qaeda. Its in Arabic language known as, "the Base." Which of these networks is correct? I would say NONE. That why its simply called "the Base" and they are the most active and proflic terrorist (in government term) group in the world. I spoke with my friends and they agrees that both of these networks doesn't even use same spoken languages with many different words. Why would CNN and FOX News being so different with same kind of informations and stories? Does anyone here have any ideas about that?

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I would trust comedy central news before i trust these networks because they dont have anyone to impress so they put it as it is.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
yeah, it is a bit sad when you can't trust the major news outlets on tv and turn to satire for your news...

all i have to say is that of all the cable news networks, FOX gets the most wrong

just stick with NPR, you'll get the facts there

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's just alternative ways of transliterating Arabic letters into the Latin alphabet.

No conspiracy here.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hey hey, I never say anything relate to conspiracy. I'm trying to point out that major news networks doesn't speak same words from foreign languages. Its just that there are powerful people who controls the networks tell us what they want us to hear about, would that be fact or not? Of course, there's the facts and of course, they'd won't cover the stories that governments deem them not to do that which we have absloute rights to know about. For example, I remember about this story on news once about right after 9-11 that EPA (Environment Protection Agency) sought to invesigate the calls from White House that told news not to mentioned anything about posioned air that was fumed from these rubbles. Its supposed to be very big deal story and it never got into air the very next day to warn people about it, right now the news already broke out about rescue workers and evacvation workers who worked on these rubbles are having major health problems and government STILL deny the problem, yet the news networks doesn't even cover these stories.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Okay i thought bin laden was part of the taliban,
Not alqaida, isnt that iraq group?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yes, CNN and FOX are good for supplemental news. But with Comedy Centeral, and the internet, you can learn news from most anywhere, and know what happened without having to ask odd grammer questions or vocabloary. I would also trust CBS, because they hardly lie as much as those two networks.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The only news network I even halfway trust nowdays is the BBC. They don't always get it right, but at least they don't editorialize everything.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I find it terrible that you cant trust the news sources. The more you watch the more you realize the amount of disinformation that eminates from them. My only advice is that you utilize all sources of media available to you and make your own opinions.

Now I just remembered an episode of rush last week where a caller was suggesting just that. Rush immediately cut him off and basically stated how dare he question the validity of rush's sources and there was no need to fact check him. I found this very arrogant and definately a glimpse into the world of the neo-cons.
do as I tell you , do not think for yourself.

top topics

join