It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my imagination or is something weird about these pics.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InDirectViolation
I took a closer look and enhanced.

Image P1010095.jpg:
See the area (approximate) between 475 pixels from the right horizontally to 600 pixels from the right horizontally and between 140 pixels from the top vertically to 220 pixels from the top vertically.

After looking closer it appears vertical strips may have been placed using copy and paste but there is visible alteration to cover something up.

I'm just stating facts contained in the image. I have no way to post images here but I could figure out a way to do this tomorrow. CG is my passion and a big part of my profession. For now, too others, look at a known motion blur and a known focal blur and you will see they do not match. There is something else going on here. Perhaps a diffusing filter when shot and the changes to the hallway ceiling afterwards. There is more than one way this can happen. Please look at the area I described and I'd like others opinion. Either brush strokes or copy and paste I'd bet.

of course they dont match, im not even standing at the exact same position as the first shot. im about 5 stairs more up. i just got a weird feeling and took another pic. count the steps and you'll know that i was indeed further upstairs than the first xD

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
ok.. since everyone here seems to suspect copy and pasting.. or manipulating the photo in some way. theeeeeeen is it possible that there is something weird about that shadow? >> if you guys didnt think it was enhanced or anything.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

photos taken with olympus D595Z,C500Z

Focal length 6mm
F-number F/2.8
ISO Speed 250
Exposure time 1/2s

NO EDITING SOFTWARE USED!!.

Spooked + 1/2 sec exposure+ no tripod= blurs and shadows

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Thats a reliever. and i think i'd like to believe that i didnt get a ghost on photo. just curious. who wants to get a picture in their house of something everyone agrees seems like a ghost >>'' im not one thats for sure.. xD''

even though i still believe that all my ghost stuff posted isn't my imagination. even though a majority not posted i know is. >>

still ^_^ thanks for the thing, i'll try tripod and the 3-5 second exposure next time.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
but, those were my first two. why didnt the other three look blurry? 0.o i was a bit more spooked and shakey taking those ones. oh well.. case closed

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightsvayne wants to get a picture in their house of something everyone agrees seems like a ghost >>'' im not one thats for sure.. xD''

Now THAT would be a great stor...Y

GHOST POSTS PICS ON ATS!!!

[edit on 21-9-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
With the second one, it sort of looks there is a freaky deaky cat face going on in the back there... oh boy. lol.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
heh olympus camera...OP said he didnt use the flash, even holding very still in lowlight can make the autofocus on them go a little fritzy...i got some pics of my wife and dog last weekend right around sundown that came out almost exactly like that only we were outside.

oh, and as to the photomanipulation, id say no, the reason i say that is on the 2nd photo, look at the top step on the left half. the green dot there is a bad pixel on the cameras ccd. (go into your menu and remap the pixels it will go away
) if he'd used any photo software, those are so small they tend to go away with any of the mask tools.

legit pics of a too dark hallway in lower than optimal light.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It's certainly an exposure and lighting issue. I suppose your staircase is relatively dark compared to other places where you took pictures, that's why 1/2sec exposure and that's why your shaky hands produced such a terrible images. Gee... calm down

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
try the timed picture, like stated in an earlier post. then if funny, let us see the picture.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird
try the timed picture, like stated in an earlier post. then if funny, let us see the picture.
i will. i was just curious, not really paranoid bout it now, but wanted to get everyones opinion. just went to see what was on my photobucket and saw those.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
maybe you could take a more blurry photo or blur it more in photoshop perhaps?

what a load of rubbish.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I couldnt really find anything anomolous with the photos. I did find an interesting effect whilst cropping low contrast areas and autoleveling them. In P1010094.jpg, if you do it to the large white area on the left you find something resembling a sort of hidden tunnel. Perhaps its a play of light on the underlying struts in the wall and the plasterboard. It looks cool and creepy none the less

Put that sledgehammer down heheh

To recreate it simply crop a low contrast area in Photoshop and pressl shift+ctrl+L

subz cannot be held legally responsible for any demolishing of walls

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I want to know who the "shadow girl" is? The OP just uses the term like we should all know what this gost is but I have never heard of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
I want to know who the "shadow girl" is? The OP just uses the term like we should all know what this gost is but I have never heard of it.

Maybe he meant "shadow person"... in which case, there is a good amount of stuff ATS about it, I'm sure.

That said... I see absolutely nothing of interest in those pictures. You yourself said you had a "paranoid" feeling and that seems to be the entire reason for taking these pictures... paranoia is usually an irrational fear caused by anything from wussyness to schizophrenia.

There is nothing to this.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Dude please, shadow girl.......take a deep breath and repeat, i am alright

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightsvayne
my imagination or is something weird about these pics.

Nothing weird about your pics. Just some blurry pictures. What exactly are we supposed to see in the pics?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
greetings nightvane dude,
i hope u are well.
To me your pics have nothin odd about them allthough,
Keep snapping my friend and take some more photos, the photo you dont take could be the one that has something in it

As for all you people calling this thread rubbish and calling the author paranoid and all that junk, HAVE SOME RESPECT ,
It is one of ATSs strong points for people to get opinions on things that are part of the site in general like supernatural phenomenon and ufos and things, there are like minds on here and some people just want an opinion, It doesnt mean there paranoid or anything sheesh.

NV like i said keep gettin photos and examining them because you could take a photo one half of a second after another and there could be a orb,spirit,aparition or shadow person in it so dont let the downers that call u rubbish and stuff put u down man, just put it out there for us to see and if u find something interesting even greater

Be good my friend

Omega

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
i would have some respect for this thread 'if' it didn't seem as though the author was having a bit of a bubble at ATS' expense..

just seems like someone took some blurry pictures on purpose, and is passing them as 'something more'..

personally all i see are two blurry pictures, i find it hard to see why they should be seen as anything else.. do paranormal things only show when you take a blurry picture? hmmmm i wonder why..

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Whoa Nelly! I did not mean to cause this. I'll be more careful with my words from now on! So sorry! I'm still uncomfortable on these boards and I have a very direct manner. A fact which my wife never stops reminding me.

From now on I'll wait until I'm on a good system with the correct software before commenting on photo's. I had just finished looking at tons of street lights fixtures, clay pigeons, motion blurred birds and other garbage being presented as UFO pictures on another site and I had my sceptical hat on. I started out here hoping to find one authentic UFO or ghost photo. I think they may exist, but I can not find one that passes the smell test?

Here is what I was referring too.
crop from original (second photo)

Unless you are on a properly calibrated high contrast monitor you may not see it as distinctly as I do. I was just trying to figure it out. I'm on a good monitor now and it is even clearer. To bad it's a .jpg but the camera may not have a .tif or raw setting available.

I have looked at photo's from digital cameras other than the Nikons we use and the blur could be the way a consumer level camera deals with noise. Some kind of reduction algorithm?

I ran the same area through a forensics filter .filtered that will pull a plate number out of digital garbage and maybe you can see what I was talking about. I'm betting a window reflection now that I can see it better. Again if you are on a laptop or using a low contrast LCD you may not see it. It does not become visible at much under a 600:1 ratio. The other photo that is posted with the inverted square looks to be a reflection which is what this may be.

Try again with a tripod. I lived in a place with unexplained shadows moving around and I've been interested since.

edited to say: Don't ever let me get to you - just tell me to shut the heck up.

[edit on 9/23/2006 by InDirectViolation]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join