It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best literature on the topic of UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Right now ive heard good things about "the day after roswell" and "disclosure" by steven greer. Anyone else have some good recomendations for my first big ufo read? Also if you think i should start somewhere else thats more inclusive and explains where ufos came from and how they fit into an even larger scheme of things im open to that type of book as well. Dont be shy with the recomendations this is just to get me started, thanks!

PS. Any great online movies you guys think would be an equivalent or suplament to any of these books please post as well, thanks again!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
What a great question to ask.

There are hundreds of Books written about the phenomena of UFOs. Some are excellent, some are nothing but wasted paper and there is a whole spectrum in between.

For a person to take the subject head on , the question of where to start is an overwhelming and daunting task. Even choosing a book to start with one must pick something one is interested in. Because very few Books or literature are neutral this forces people to choose a side they are most interested in, that in and of itself reinforces preconceived bias.

It almost becomes a lose lose situation for anyone wanting to simply understand what is going on with UFOs, as in picking a first book to read automatically reinforces any preconceived bias.

I'm sorry to say that there are no easy solutions here. One must start somewhere. However, I'm glad you asked this question as many others will also want to ask the same.

I would suggest that you read these two books. ( These are both on-line at links below. )

"The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects" by Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, former head of the United States Air Force Project Blue Book.

"Flying Saucers are Real" by Major Donald E. Keyhoe, ret. 1950.

Both of these books are required reading for anyone who wants to understand UFOlogy in any meaningful way and they are both free and will give anyone who is new to the subject a really grounded start into the heart of UFOlogy as we know it today.

Edit: Don't let the phrases "required reading" or "really grounded" turn you off , these are both great reads.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Two UFO classics from the late 80's:
Whitley Strieber's, Communion: A True Story
Philip Klass, UFO Abduction: A Dangerous Game

Both books collide with each other, the ying and the yang. A must for your UFO book collection.

The movie Communion (1989)

Kidnapped by U.F.O's? PBS Nova video

all goes well together

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
"Kidnapped by U.F.O's? PBS Nova video"

Anyone know where i can find the full video? i couldent find it on that site

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I was just pointing out the above books correspond well with the shows, dunno where you could watch Kidnapped by U.F.O's? online. It's a really good video though, recommended. PBS airs it every now-n-then.

Here's a few online UFO videos.

Area 51: The Alien Interview (1997)
www.jonhs.net...

Evidence: The Case For NASA UFOs Part 1 (Part 2)
www.jonhs.net...
www.jonhs.net...

The Roswell Incident (1995)
www.jonhs.net...

The Secret NASA Transmissions: The Smoking Gun (2001)
www.jonhs.net...

google

video.google.com...

[edit on 22-9-2006 by XPhiles]

top topics

join