It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuck in a dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i just wanted to know if this is weird. since i was a kid i as able to control my dreams, for example if i were dreaming i would sometimes be conscious about it and actually during my dream i would be able to roam freely in it and be able to manifest anything i wanted. because when i was a kid i used to have lots of nightmares but after that i was able to control them and any scary figures that appears i challenge'em making them seem rather silly. I dont know maybe its a common thing but i do know of course this can't happen during deep sleep, so i'm kind've a light sleeper i guess.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I really don't know the significance of that happening in a dream, but I have one dream aspect that is like that. Most people have flying dreams - where they can fly. I have had them since as long as I can remember, but they first started out that I tried to fly by holding out my arms and couldn't. Eventually over the years I am now able to fly freely in my dreams without any effort and can even move objects sometimes.

Neat stuff!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
ya but what i was trying to say that a person can know when he is in a dream while dreaming. imagine what u said---flying and knowing its not real and that its just a dream and that u r sleeping while u fly.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You are performing what i sknown as lucid dreaming.
Its not a supernatural ability and anyone can do it (I myself have often turned a huge hairy snarling beast into Jessica Alba)

I too suffered really bad nightmares as a child, and my mum told me once to say to myself when I was scared "And then Batman saves the day"..... and he did!

After that I began realising that not only could I add people, but I could also change the whole thing.

Admittedly, it is extremely difficult due to the fact that dreams seem so real. However, it gets easier for me when a dream is completely absurd. Then its like "Wait, this could never.....okay then. And here comes the Alba!"

I think Lucid dreaming is an amazing thing, and lets you live out some of those crazy adventures you always had as a child. Keep practising and eventually you'll be pretty adept at controlling your dreams.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
You will be amazed what you see when you stop controlling your dreams. It is not easy to just sit back and watch.....but do try, then tell us what you see.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have mastered the way to escape bad dreams. What I do is open my eyes in the dream so wide, that I am starting to open up my real eyes in reality. Not very hard, you dont have to realize it's just a dream when you do it. Because when I do it, I am usually not aware that it's just a dream - just to get out. But when you are able to wake yourself up, you do not have control over your body and have to really work hard at moving to fully wake up. The worst part is that your so tired, (trust me on this) that it's the most tired a human can possibly be.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

What I do is open my eyes in the dream so wide, that I am starting to open up my real eyes in reality

Oh i do that too, Its a very odd feeling and you kind of get that "Snap" that throws you in to awakness,

it always feels to me like im forcing 2 eyes open, my dream ones then my real ones, odd way to put it i know lol

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Thats exactly how it works for me. One time I was seeing in my dream and in reality. It's like watching two wide screen TVs stacked vertically.

new topics

top topics

join