It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amorous ram jams spy signals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
"LONDON, England (AP) -- A mysterious transmission that baffled British intelligence analysts for days was caused by a ram rubbing up against an aerial mast, a government agency said Tuesday."

"Scientists at Government Communications Headquarters in Cheltenham, western England, an intelligence-gathering station, were baffled by strange high-frequency noises coming from Scarborough signal station in Yorkshire, northeastern England.

GCHQ's in-house paper, the Daily Observer, said the noises were unlike anything staff had encountered before and an investigating team initially thought they were coming from spies or aliens.

Their investigation found the signal only happened in the day time, went across all the high-frequency bands and only Scarborough aerials could pick it up.

Eventually, investigators discovered that a ram was rubbing its horns against the aerial masts "in between servicing some local ewes," the paper said.

"It's possible the ram was attracted to the mast which may have given off some kind of tingling sensation, but it was probably just a post to rub against," said GCHQ spokesman Bob McNally. "

The Villian....

I guess no matter how technology progresses, our friends in the animal world can still have a little fun with us.

When ask what he plans to do now that his scratching post is no longer accessible, the ram answered..."screw ewe, man!"

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I guess no matter how technology progresses, our friends in the animal world can still have a little fun with us.

Yep, hopefully this will "ram" that point home!
Yeah, yeah, I know...but someone had to say it....

join