It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you really that scared of terrorists?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
BlackGuard,

You are truly blessed to be related to a woman like that. Thank you for telling her story. We need to hear reports like this more often.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Concerned? Yes, a little, but afraid? No. Why should I be afraid? Because the gov't says to be? All the more reason not to be. It's possible that might change if some form of terror attack takes place again, but I doubt it.

The bad guys, on both sides, want me to be afraid. Jumping at shadows, willing to inform on my neighbors, all in the name of "security". Fear is useless, all it does is keep you from thinking and seeing things as they are. That plays into the hands of not only the terrorists, but our government as well.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Not afraid of terrorism and never will be, I was unfortunate to be in my home city when IRA bombs went off close to where I work and that happened on more than one occasion but it did not alter my routine for one moment.

Its all about putting things in perspective, My wife and I had a converstion about the recent events in London, you know the fake terrorists action. My wife went on to say that on a news report she heard that 40% of deaths on the road in the UK happen on country roads so I replied well nobody's died in a plane this year from a terrorist attack so we will keep flying and avoid the country roads. Its that simple, how many people in the US die in their own homes each year through various accidents, it must be thousands but people dont panic or live in fear of their own homes do they.

The American Goverment and the people who control them wanted an excuse to wage war and they gave you one. But you should not look at 9/11 in isolation, what other events occured before that. Practice makes perfect, Oklahoma, Waco, these events are all connected in not just about getting it right its also about the public reaction to such events. When I watched Wako on the TV I could not believe it, here was one of the worlds alleged great democracies shooting and burning to death its own citizens, men, women and children, mainly women and children. I dont care that Koresh was fighting back or fighting the system this was the kind of event I would have expected to see in some 3rd world country or despot nation not the USA.

But what was the reaction to it, I'm sure many were outraged but the majority would have swallowed the lies given by the media, so there you have it, your own fellow american's mainly women and children, shot, gassed and burnt to death and nobody gives a toss. So do you see how easy it was to get away with 9/11, the prosecutors of this event knew they could get away with it, they knew what the public reaction to it would be and 5 years later with no other real terrorist events people are still scared and the war mongers continue along their well trodden path.

Hang on a minute did I say scared, how about, compliant, indifferent to the suffering of their own and others, complacent, in denial, willing participants. That seem to be the attitude of so many here in the UK I cannot speak for Americans but I'm sure there must be many who would fit the above statement.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join