It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where will this all lead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I've always been interested in American history, and lately I've been wondering: what will be the end result of America's war on terror/Iraq when it comes to our domestic political structure? If things simply continue as they have been for the next couple of years, are we headed for repeat of the political turmoil that took place in the 1960's? Or will American public simply get tired of the debate and "tune out"?

Regardless of whether you support the war or not, I'm interested in how you think this will change us in the short-term and/or long term.

[edit on 11-9-2006 by Flatwoods]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
An interesting point was made about the Vietnam war. It said Americans were "Vietamized" That means some hippys took on Marxist beliefs, teens became more sexual, others question authority and I'm not even quit sure of the other examples. Maybe our goverment did what they called as "create the chaos, create the solution." But, I have noticed a number of young teenage girls convert to the muslim religion. (head wraps and all) An act of defiance? An influence from another culture that is really based on peace? Who knows? However, if our economy collaspes, that would be chaos. The Solution? The horriffic "New World Order." Who is to say after Iraq, Iran wouldn't be next? Then after that Columbia? Then North Korea? Then our our nation put under martial law? If you look up modern concentration camps on the internet these theories are out there. If you watch the independent film "loose change" (google it) you would be tempted to think that our government did create the Choas behind 9/11. I'm not acknowledging or deny it, but that's for you to decide.

With all this in mind, the United States will be lead down a series of micro- "cause and effects." The welfare system will be downsized and the people on it will be forced to take what ever jobs they can get. This is going to reinforce a "CASTED SYSTEM." Corporations will control more municipals public water systems because munipals will be too far into debt to keep managing this. Law enforcement will have broader powers to perform more corrupt practices. Prisons will transform in slave labor camps. Americans can't even have "Rave parties" anymore because of Lieberman and his Senate buddies. Seem Fascists so the only choice people have is to either work or go to jail? Does is seem that people have to have 2 jobs just to pay for the gas to get to their primary job? (Even slaves in ancient times didn't have to pay for thier way to work. :lol
Is the middle class shrinking? If you see how these and other things have increased since 9/11, then you can have a good understanding of how it will get worst after this war is over.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Vietnam took place during a time in American history when the political landscape was already stretched to a breaking point, with the emergence of feminism, civil rights, racial conflict, the sexual revolution, etc. Things are far different today, but I still wonder if America is headed toward some sort of irreparable ideological scism. It's already beginning to show in our voting - the difference between "red" states and "blue" states is alarming, and may be indicative of a serious conflict down the road in say, the next ten or twenty years.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but while I get tired of Orweillian references, the GWOT just fits the bill. The "war on terror" will never end, ever. As long as more than one person is alive, there's gonna be conflict, and the way things are going, people are being branded as terrorists simply for not going with the flow.

The GWOT seems to be a war that will forever perpetuate itself.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Today, we call it GWOT. But I believe that what Bush and his supporters really want is GLODEM(aka a war for Global Democracy). Eventually, anyway. This type of war would be much larger than anyone can image, and would involve Iran, Syria, North Korea, and quite possibly China. It's scary to think about.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Or will American public simply get tired of the debate and "tune out"?

Bing! Bing! Bing!

Without another major attack, public interest will wane, the government can stand down on the war on terror, and all can go back to normal...at least that is probably the 2008 plan...

top topics

join