It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men are smarter than women, study says..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have long agreed that men, especially men who are of working age, and even more specifically, men of the majority ethnicity of a region, are valued at the bottom of the chart. Every other demographic comes first. Old men and young men have it slightly better as far as being considered worthy of aid and protection. But men... well, we are supposed to be doing the protecting. No one is left to protect us. When I think about it, I don't mind at all. Women and children first, I will never change on that point.
And still, I see your point. I am expendable. I am not expected to need any help, and would be the last to get any. No worries. That is the best way I can see to do it, oh well, poor me.
But I still find the word rape too strong for what you are describing. It is deception, treachery, backstabbing, fraud, a con, disloyalty, breaking trust, etc., but not imo near to what rape means to me.
no worries though.
Women and men being compared is not sexist. Comparison is by its very nature kind of questionable, but it depends on what you do with what you find out. If you learn that men have higher IQs for instance, that is not sexist, imo, but saying men are smarter is. Why? Because I bet men wrote the tests. They are biased. And vice versa. I could say Germans drink more beer per capita than any other people. Is that bad to say? I don't think so. But if I say Germans are all a bunch of drunks, then it is.
It is all in the intent.
You can say that a woman had a face that made time stand still.
Or that she had a face that would stop a clock.
Same thing... or is it?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
My mom's brain is actually bigger than my dad's.
She's go tthe biggest head in the family, and does not have water on the brain, thank you.

She is the most booksmart person you're likely to meet.
She sucks at math. I'm so much better at it, but my dad is quicker.
She outreasons my father on a regular basis.
She reads fater than everyone I've met, and understands it on the first read, even at that speed.
My dad reads much slower, but almost never forgets what he read.

Mamma always scores higher, overall. She is smarter than my father, and he willingly admits it. There are still some things you don't get her to do for you, because you'd be better at it.

Btw, she inerited her dominant head genes from her daddy, who got it from his mamma. Mamman only had a 4th grade education, but she was never a dumb woman...probably one of the shrewdest old women I ever met.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by jlc163]

Did you miss the part where I specifically mentioned a single sex using most of their brain to do certain tasks, not both, so as to avoid comments like yours? If women historically didn't do math, why would they inherit a brain that did? Evolution only provides what is necessary, and nothing more.

Booksmarts, or "learned intelligence", is different than IQ.

[edit on 9/16/2006 by The Crow]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
IQ is how fast you learn and figure out something, like a math problem correctly.
Learned Intellengence or "Booksmarts" is when you are taught or study something like Standard High School World History or English writing and grammer.

[edit on 9/16/2006 by smalllight]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII[/ But men... well, we are supposed to be doing the protecting. No one is left to protect us. When I think about it, I don't mind at all. Women and children first, I will never change on that point.
And still, I see your point. I am expendable. I am not expected to need any help, and would be the last to get any. No worries. That is the best way I can see to do it, oh well, poor me.
But I still find the word rape too strong for what you are describing. It is deception, treachery, backstabbing, fraud, a con, disloyalty, breaking trust, etc., but not imo near to what rape means to me.
no worries though.

Lets think this through in more detail.

Women and children first...THis is ok..with me ..in certain arenas. When life and death are at stake..not daily. To do this daily to ones extinction is like dumb...dumber than dumb. I need you to explain to me how this is different from the violation of rape??

I make no plans to come in last with a woman or a woman and children while turning over first fruits of my labors for which I often take great risks.....and doing so as a career. The woman with whom I choose to take up this path needs to understand this outside of her pet biases or the womens movement mantras.
I am not intrested in turning over the first fruits of my labors at great risk to myself and coming in last in the pecking order or any prioritys....as a career opportunity..understand???

For todays woman to understand this concept requires real thinking and real commitments to go along with it...not bait and switch. Not the appearence of commitment while really running another program she intended all along. Understand???
For so many men I know ...women and children first ...means that they take on thier womans and childrens needs to the point that they constantly come in last...dead last...and they cannot understand why this is. They ,over time, find more peace and solace out in the garage or at work than the home they are working and struggling to pay off. I have asked many of them at work...why are you working your behind off and coming in constantly last??? Male disposability and expendability....again. Most of these guys know something is terribly wrong but cannot vocalize it...unless it is sports scores!! Or Phat Yams!!! Talk about pitiful.
Are you getting the picture yet about male expendability and disposability...and women and kids first???

What I am describing is not protecting ..its being stupid...no matter how much brain matter one has or the size of the brain cavity.

What I am talking about Blackguard III is the concept of Peace..not Piece..understand. Piece...is a horribly sorry substitute for Peace in a man's life. I am talking about a woman creating a place from her labors where a man is protected from the outside world. A woman who can give the commitments necessary to do this as a career in addition to the other things she should be doing as a multitasking woman. Chaos does not reign here..he is happy to come home. Not dreading it...which I see many men doing so but not able to tell or explain it to thier women ..nor would the women believe them if they did tell them.
This is the protection a good woman brings a man..not just Piece. Understand??
Protection is a two way street Blackguard III..not one way. A knowlegable understanding caring woman with feelings knows this. Airheaded consumers..male and female dont know this.

Most men haven't a clue about this ..so why would a woman??? After all..he's getting her body once in awhile...what more should he ever expect...how dare he!! That is more than he deserves. The dummy!! He's getting the "best years of her life"..stupid.. ..and he has the nerve to expect more. This knowlege is in fact why so many men are in fact stupider than women. Much stupider.
They have allowed social roles to hijack thier needed Peace in their lives and substutute Peace with Consumption rates for them and thier children...including consuming thier Peace. A piece of tail will not do when it gets this far...understand??

Remember all this stuff in the news a few years back about Enron..or was it World Com...and the loss of the value of the stock...the moneys lost by investors...was this rape?? They volenteered into it yes?? by the emotions and outrage involved it had to be rape!!! Many of the investors took risks daily in thier occupations for the moneys invested in these companys. Great emotional risk too. Was this rape?? Think this through carefully here.
Remember ...men and thier emotions in this social structure are expendable and disposable...they have no right to claim any emotions...ever!!! They must stand pat and allow others to play through continually. At their expense...
Stay the course dummy....but equality is happening isnt it???

Some men need to take a closer look at social roles...which tend to pass for equality and even entitlement to those who can think it through. I can gaurantee you the womens groups and the politicians can think it through..especially when votes are at stake.

Blackguard III it is the social beliefs which so often play through undefined and unthought out ...in ignorance ..which often passes for intelligence..for maturity...for smarts...when they are no such thing. Examine the social belief system closely and you will see that the numbers dont quite add up...mostly due to male ignorance and stupidity ..here ..not in the women...but in the men.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am engaged. My fiance is my life. I would give her every penny I had in a second. I'd lay down my life for her in a flash. But you know what? She'd refuse my first penny let alone my last, and try to stop me from laying down my life for her. I expect nothing. I offer whatever I can. I don't care what I get back, I enjoy doing things for her. It is unconditional. It is possible she could take advantage of me. I accept that. I feel pretty good about her though. I don't think you have seen a love like ours. It is more than what I dreamed of. I was shocked and surprised by it. All previous relationships paled in comparison in the first two weeks. She is the one that I want to please. I do please her. And that makes me very happy.
Men get suckered all the time, I did too, sticking around and pouring time and money into a futile attempt at a relationship. It was pitiful. I was a fool. I don't blame anyone else but me. I allowed it, and I learned from it. Learning hurts sometimes. All I can say is that if you aren't instantly sure its right, and then you don't confirm that fact a thousand times in the first month.... the relationship does not have the same bond as ours. When she moved in, I said you are now half owner of all that is here, leave tomorrow if you want and you can take half of everything. she said she'd never take a thing.... and meant it. I am a lucky guy. Thanks

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is how the "Man's Big Head" Cell count affects typical suburban and modern Western society:

It's biology, part society, economical, part educational. For society to survive in a life or death situation first. Women and children should leave first. But the problem for women in modern society is society is more shaped for a man to suceed at their job or career more than a woman, if smart enough and driven enough to do so. Besides they seem to be unable to teach math in the US as well, to most of the citzens in comparision to other Modern Western Countries.

So it affects the gender "gap" on these three levels. Biology, Society, and educational. I'm not offended by a guy who wants a career, but I want one too. But things are pretty slow now and seem to be getting slower in the job market, unless you have a degree in something. This ties into economic, because men, are more likely to get degrees in college, than women for many reasons. The whole system is more or less based on your math grade, and then your other classes in most colleges and Universities.

In conculsion, due to men having more cells in thier brain and becoming the man infustruce and constructs of society. They biologically offer protection usually to women and children, and as providers for both their immediate and biological families. But also by using math and numbers as a basis for the educational infustrure and brumator of society, they make it even harder for some people to raise up economicly. As well as having more psychological control of the values of modern society, althrough women are more empancipatied and respected to some extent as men in modern Western culture. Making the 10,000+ cell count a major deal both in the socio-religious world and main Western culture.

Sorry, if I went into essay mode guys. I hate when my academic writer in me, gets depressed and has to come out.

[edit on 9/16/2006 by smalllight]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

What I am talking about Blackguard III is the concept of Peace..not Piece..understand. Piece...is a horribly sorry substitute for Peace in a man's life. I am talking about a woman creating a place from her labors where a man is protected from the outside world. A woman who can give the commitments necessary to do this as a career in addition to the other things she should be doing as a multitasking woman. Chaos does not reign here..he is happy to come home. Not dreading it...which I see many men doing so but not able to tell or explain it to thier women ..nor would the women believe them if they did tell them.
This is the protection a good woman brings a man..not just Piece. Understand??
Protection is a two way street Blackguard III..not one way. A knowlegable understanding caring woman with feelings knows this. Airheaded consumers..male and female dont know this.

problem is though, in today's world, women are holding jobs also. many out of necessity, and many out of their own desire. Either way, who has the right to tell them their decision is wrong? they are working 40 or more hours a week outside the home, and like your said, creating a home environment that one may wish to come home to is a career in itself. well, you add the 8 or more hours a day she's working to earn the supplement to his income in with the time she is expected to spend "creating that home environment".....well, you're talking about 18 or more hours of her working...and still not acheiving all goals. who's giving who's life for whom?? she's heading for a massive breakdown, trying to earn half his salary and create this nice pleasant environment that he wants just as badly as him....he's coming home after his "hard day of work" and plopping himself on the coach looking forward to the next episode of 24 or whatever!! and then, since well, his salary overshadows the mere pittance of what she is making he doesn't give it the credit it deserves....I mean it does pick up where his leaves off.....the rent does get paid, they have food on the table, and well...it did pay for the dentist when his tooth needed to be pulled.... but it doesn't come close to his, so as far as he's concerned, well, he's done his duty...and he stays plopped on the coach as she flitteres around like a chicken with her head cut off all night trying to create this pleasant home experience for him....THEY ARE BOTH DUMBER THAN CRAP!! they both need (or want)the extra money, they both want a home setting that is peaceful and pleasant. they should be both working together to get what they want. not dumping half of the burden on one, calling it tradition, or whatever, and waiting tilll the one who's overburdened collaspses under the weight and they end up with a massive hospital bill that they will have to work even harder for to pay.

as long as there are women who expend their time and energy earning money for the family, and well, take a close look at history, and tell me when there wasn't, the idea that she should be the sole tender of the children and the caretaker of the home was an unequal distribution of the labor. and well, if you expect a women who doesn't want to , to be solely a housewife and mother, aren't you expecting her to give up her live for you??

and just so I don't sound sexually bias....
I don't think it's right for the women to sit by and watch their husband work his life away (ya know, like taking on a part time job on top of the full time he's already working) to provide for his family while she stays at home, tending the house, and kids....they all lose out that way, mom, dad, and the kids..
we need to cross the gender roles, and have done this throughout history. women need to work outside homes, and therefore, men need to work a little more inside the homes. historically speaking, I think women have always jumped in when it was needed and took on some of those duties that are considered a man's obligation....but unfortunately, when they have done this, and need was found for men to compensate in kind, they've been rather sluggish to do so. which has led to basically what we have today.....a bunch of hoopla trying to get women out of man's domain, so she'll be back in the home, tending her own duties....
well, this will lead to one thing in most households...men working their arses off day and night and still not providing for the family..... and the family living in proverty because of it...
and then, ya, the home might be well kept, but the blankets might be to holey to keep your warm at night, and the kids might be in rags, and the food on the table might be a little meager. and well, you just might have to live forever with that toothache that you're wife's former salary would have paid for.

people are people, they come in all different sizes and shapes, ain't no two alike. if you focus on the differences between them, you will find more and more differences and come to the point where you are alienating alot of them. they're not like you, not equal to you, they don't feel the same way you do, they deserve different treatment, and well, although it would bother you to be treated in that way, they're different, they like to be treated like that, or they deserve to be treated that way!! they've used the strategy in an attempt to dispel the movement to free the slaves, they've used to to dispel the women's movement.....and they are still using it in their war againt terrorism.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think it goes both ways. Society protects men more legally, etc., women protect men at the home, and children. But gender should never be a reason to dictate a career outside of protecting one's own terroritory and providing food, and so forth. So please stop the gender fighting, I'm sick of it now.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Dawnstar I see you making this kind of homemaker posts alot. Ok...so when a man is home a woman is taking on his roles too?? The multitasking roles so highly touted today. In addition to what she should be taking on??

Remember Dawnstar..women multitask well ..men dont. So shouldnt men thereby expect more from a modern woman than ever before??? In addition to the traditional roles??? Men are just getting totally left behind by women now days...women should be doing more right??? Logical and reasonable yes??
This way a man can explore his options and enjoy more ESPN or the Spike channel or whatever drivel men are wont to persue.

THe men I am speaking of do in fact to alot of those things you are mentioning. The do do laundry ..clean house ..mow lawns ..fix several cars..including the cars of their children. Also remember ..I dont work the shifts that "normal " peoples work. I work the swing shift or the Graveyard shift. These men are often up for very long long hours...regularly in "crisis management " too. THey often give first fruits to people who think that everyone sleeps normal hours at night.
It is quite rare for these men to get a regular uninterrupted sleep without some labor or family crisis interupting them. They constantly come in last.

Lots of men I know work these shifts ..they dont have time for 24 or ESPN.
REmember ..everyone in this country works day shifts and has bankers hours.

I have heard so many of them... when I explain the concept of Peace...their response is ..Peace ..what is that?? But they dont understand why??

What you are describing Dawnstar is a working woman who has had to take on the same situation many men have found themselves in for years but they do alot of it in a female social context....but to you it is a travesty when it happens to a woman. This just confirms my position on Options for women...verses working and responsibilitys in a multitasking world. A woman like this finds herself just like a man and many dont like it. I dont necessarily blame them understanding certain things about female social expectations...but at the same time I also dont necessarily feel sorry for them. Most women I know are not looking to take on traditionally male tasks ..especially at home...or off the job. They gravitate twords female socialized tasks.

By the way .I dont watch 24 either. I hear some people at work talking about it when they tape it for later viewing .but never wanted to watch it...just like I dont watch sports or drink beer for a career. Nor do I visit this place called Hooters.
I am insulted with that kind of atmosphere to get me to come off my moneys. Never been there yet. Dont plan to go either.
Most of these men I am talking about dont have time for drinking beer either. Nor ESPN.

For some reason this makes me think of this guy who died on the track some years back in a NASCAR Race. I can't remember his name but the long faces of some of the guys here at work really startled me. Its like someone killed thier favorate dog or such. ITs been awhile since Ive seen such long faces.
I never was into NASCAR either. Dont get me wrong here ..I am sure this man had family and such and they have suffered a great loss. I just never worshiped the gods of sports like this...so to speak. No intrest in it.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
actually dear, I was describing my own personal experience, from close to thirty years of marriage....along with observations of the way of life of those around me...
men can't multi-task......
...you should watch a friend of mine on his computer...watching football, while finishing up his weeks worth of work, while downloading music, while reformating his son's hard drive. believe me, he can multitask just fine. his wife mows the lawn by the way, along with fixing the roof when a leak springs up, or painting the house, or....
...fixing the car or van....
they both work their arses off, and well, are rewarded quite nicely for their efforts.
but, in that thirty years of marriage, I known men too lazy to feed their own baby the baby food, it was much easier to give it to the cat...that is, till the baby ended up in the hospital with malnutrition....his wife was working while this was going on. men who accused their husbands of wasting thier money and buying something they wanted...with their own paycheck... men who did indeed come home after a hard days work, and not only plopped themselves on the coach but expected their wives (who also had a hard day at work) to drop what they were doing in the kitchen and fetch them their beer. men who wanted thier wives to work, but then decided they didn't want to take care of the kids while she did..men who didn't want her to work, because that'd mean they'd have to take on alittle of the responsibility, and allowed their kids to go without the necessities. while you brag about not watching tv, or not going to hooters and on and on....hey, I could go a year without seeing the inside of a department store when my kids were little, the car my husband fixed was always with him, and well, he was hardly ever home for me to use it, let alone watch the kids so I could go anywhere.
the moral of this story is simply this, and no it's not a poor me speal....people are people, they are all different, in different situations. you can't generalize and stereotype crap without missing half of the group that your are trying to stereotype. let people make their own decisions as to how they should live their lives.

and well, I've worked graveyard, second shift and first shift while my kids were growing up. regardless of whatever shift I worked, once you threw in all the household responsiblities, I usually ran on four hours sleep.
so, I dont' really buy the crap that men's hours are crappier than women's or that they make much of a difference really.

and let's see, cars, if they are in good shape and maintained decently, need to be fixed how often? once in a blue moon....how often does a lawn need to be mowed? once a week, maybe?? snow shoveling....
...that's why we live in virginia now, I got to the point where I couldn't shovel...
a colicky baby will wake you up every hour, or at least that's what it seemed like to me, dishes, cooking, helping the kids with the homework, and much more needs to be done on a daily basis...and well, I don't care how many times you pick up the house, if you have kids, chances are, the house is gonna testify to their presence. laundry at least once a week, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and on and on.....I was a stay at home mom for awhile, after that, my job away from home....that job in the printing company where I was carting around tons of magnetic stock sometimes, well, it seemed like a vacation for me!! and, I dreaded going home!!
shouldn't men expect more from today's women??? what are you nuts!! men shouldn't expect any more from a women than he could do himself, and vice versa!! the danged differences in the sexes aren't that danged big!!

[edit on 17-9-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Look it's actually really simple. Men excell in some areas over women, and women excell over men in others. THey are ment to be biologicaly synergistic, however since the male and female brain are essentially the same in everyway thats important, when when push comes to shove either brain is more than capable of assuming the functions the other would normally be resposible for.

Men can mulitask when they have to, it's just not their biological preference. Women can do long term deep analytical thinking when they need to. Men are more than capable of staying home and taking care of the kids. My best friends dad was a stay at home dad, the kids grew up fine. My boss makes 1.8 million a quarter, about 1.0 is take home. My boss is a girl, not at all ugly and is extreamly intelligent, but even she admits that men are better at somethings in general over women and vice versa. But she is a good example of how the opposite sex can easily fill the roll of the other.

Society's conditioning has alot to do with what we decide we will and won't be able to do. If the guy is bad at multitasking it's cause he was taught to act that way, and really could be good at it if he gave it an honest shot. Some girls are complete helpless bimbos who couldn't feed themselves if someone didn't spoil and do everything for her, but I bet if she really needed to that same girl would be able to take care of herself, if she gave it a non judgmental honest try.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join